Mini RPG Recollection Chamber

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Zone Q11, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who know me knows: I have a bad memory, and I like to get stuck in the past.

I am well aware that many popular RPGs are dead in NUF. Hax's Hub is dead as well, so we don't even have a nice chat there IC anymore.
    (My belief is that it's because it's officially a Mini-RPG with the GM abandoning the game, but it is also possible that the players simply don't want to tell tales of their own anymore.)

My point is: I can't even reminiscence about old stories, so I made a whole thread about it instead.

I decided to keep things simple, so here are the "rules":
    1. This thread is literally only made for re-telling your past stories, past adventures, past mistakes, weird encounters, hardships, etc. that you did in the "NUF Community Roleplaying Games" section.
    2. All stories have to be from RPGs, because I am a selfish person who made this thread specifically for this purpose.
    3. In case you forget how to re-tell a story: You are basically giving a summary of the event you want to talk about. You do not tell the whole story in meticulous detail.
    4. No stories related to sexual topics or flirting. I want to keep the drama of 2019 in the past and ensure that it stays in the past.
    5. No comments. NUF is not reddit, since "r/novelupdates" is pretty much also dead. If you want to make comments; make a new thread/blog to comment about it, or write a comment on the author's profile page or something. I want this place to be filled with only stories.
    6. If we somehow reach a point where we have re-told our stories so often that others re-tells the same story, I want you to know; this is fine as long as it isn't intentionally done for the sake of trolling.
    7. I am allowed to change, add or remove rules if need to be. I don't expect that I need to use this rule, but when it comes with internet gremlins, you just never know.
    If you haven't noticed yet; this idea is inspired by reddit's r/dndstories, but since I want RPG-only stories from NUF, and since r/novelupdates is still unpopular, I believe that making a new thread is the best option that I can make.

(P.S. I am paranoid of NUF mods somehow getting angry at me. Long story short: I annoyed them somewhat, and I don't know who are cool with this idea and who are not.)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fossil, don't forget this.

AMissingLinguist, GonZ555 and Fossil like this.
  3. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember derailing zone's thread and retelling real experience when he explicitly said that this is for Role-playing purposes.. oh wait, thats right now~
    :blob_grin::blobowoevil::blobalert:

Lonelycity and SquadCammander354 like this.
  4. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once, the great slumbering old red one saw a group of insects being born in a shitty planet on a shittier system revolving around a measly sickly yellow star..... they were the inhabitants of the world now known as Nuf RPG. As the god was bored and God’s advisors were ghosting the god(basically a tad lonely), the God decided to sent a persona down.... a person who can mingle amongst the simple minded beings.... she was called @Amayah which means near god in some cultures while it also means an illusion in others.... and maybe a quiet night rain? She was made to explore the beauty of that world... To meet and greet. To be a team player. She was given the power over cards, a fairly powerful supporter ability... Pity she didn’t live long. Pity she didn’t live her life to the fulles..... ;-(

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time, I didn't have a user yet, but could still find the stories I wanted on NU.

One day, I discovered NuF and quickly found out that many has a (old) AG characher sheet under their sign, which leaded me to community games. At that time, there wasn't any rp section yet lol.

Anyway, I read the game rules for a while, made my account and immedialy made my (old) AG character.

The character I made, was supposed to be bard/sword-user named Xio. Well, I wasn't good on swifting weapon on my character, so she ended up with being a bladedancer. Thanks to my username, she was often called for Sio, so I just changed the character sheet form Xio to Xio/Sio lol.

About 2 week after, I have to join in a dragon raid... hehe, crazy right? Well, it was also there I saw @AliceShiki first character there, a clumsy magical girl named Hikari. Well, she wasn't as clumsy afterwards?

I also met a lot of players in AG and had a lot of fun, but once I stop writing, I can't get myself to start until much later :blobsweat_2:
    Kinda feels bad about it.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have plenty of stories, but they're all very long and very hard to summarize while also being quite personal, so it's hard to put anything in here.

However, I have one that is relatively short and that isn't personal at all, so... Here we go.

This was back in Tower of Reincarnation, here is the context.

I was doing a Slime Dungeon Run with a GM which we'll refer to as GM, and a gender neutral person that we will refer to as Friend A. Or we would, however, I always referred to Friend A as a girl even though I don't really know their gender, so we'll refer to them as A-chan instead.

Me and A-chan were in the middle of the dungeon run, killing slimes with our swords and stuff, usual stuff, and uhn... For some reason the GM started describing the slimes as if they were melting our clothes a bit as we slaughtered through them... Okay, that felt a bit weird, but fine, whatever, let's keep moving forward and go killing slimes.

As we kept killing slimes, the GM kept saying more and more of our clothes were being melted. Throughout the entire time I completely ignored this part of the GM's description and made 0 comments about it because it was honestly quite uncomfortable... When we killed the last bunch of slimes, the GM said that we were only in our underwear now and uhn... They also said that they heavily considered saying we were actually stripped naked by the slimes' fluid, but decided against it in the end. Which I was actually thankful for.

So, we went back to the entrance because we finished the slimes and went home to get our loot without ever making any commentary about the whole super weird situation... That's the story I guess, it was pretty awkward and felt super weird. Neither me nor A-chan ever made any comment about it whatsoever, so it's not like something that stayed in my head for long, but from time to time I remember it and... Well, it was pretty weird from beginning until end~

Nothing really extraordinary, but something that felt worth sharing~

Pyoo, Zone Q11, Siostar and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. I'm in the mood to write. This is a story about when Sol and I were managing ToR.

My character once died, and I had to reincarnate again. We both knew the drill, but I still had to do the Tutorial Dungeon regardless.
    "Fine", I thought. I proceeded by listing all actions that I was supposed to do within the tutorial in one post and posted it all at once. However, Sol said that I can't do that, so I had to do everything one by one in the end.

What had upset me though, is the fact that there was apparently a hidden secret item that you could only obtain within the tutorial. For those who don't know, ToR had a mechanism called "check", which lets you check mainly your surroundings.
    In the tutorial, you are given an example of doing stuff by writing your actions. You want to move forward? The write it.
    However, if your first ever action within the tutorial was "check" instead of "move forward", you'd get a coin which... well, it has something to do with Lucifina (Sol's GM Avatar).

Honestly, how were you ever supposed to know this secret!? :blobcat_hyper:

--- --- ---

Speaking of Lucifina, it was absolutely hilarious how many Lv.10 players thought that they had to fight her. She was meant to be a guide, but since she had stats, everyone (or at least the majority of Lv.10 players) ignored her words and attacked her, only to get wrecked by her in the end. :blobjoy:

Pyoo, GonZ555, Siostar and 1 other person like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I remember that, I also thought it was hilarious once I started hearing about it~

I remember Wobbly dying to get a respec and then making me waste all the money I invested in increasing his crafting of the spell scrolls... *grumble grumble*
    I think it's pretty impossible to get it! xD
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, here is an AG story that I remembered from long ago that I can tell.

So... The game was at its booming period at the time, plenty of newbies joining and the old timers were still very active, it's a time that I have tons of very fond memories from... But we're not talking about any of those good memories this once! xD

So, a newbie joined the game, we'll call him B-kun. B-kun had a pretty normal character overall and things looked fine from the moment of registration, and like, he was one of those super active newbies, yanno? The kind that takes tons of quests, finishes them and comes back for more right away~

All good, right? What could possibly be wrong with this? Well... His writing sucked. Like, really really sucked. He wasn't unfriendly or anything, but his stories just plain sucked so so soooooooo much, everytime I read one of them I cringed inside and had a small headache... Luckily or not, I wasn't the one appraising his quests, because due to a small misunderstanding, he thought he should always tag the same receptionist for all his quests, which was not me.

As I read everything wrote in AG though, I did read everything he wrote and... Sadly, he didn't get any better as time passed. The poor receptionist that ended up in charge of him did try to help a bit, but it was hard to get motivated to do so, he was reaaaaaally bad. And well, this kept on until he reached B-rank requirements (that means he cleared like... 70ish quests I believe?)

However, to reach B-rank you needed to clear some party quests, which... He didn't have at all, so he tried finding someone to party with him... Only, nobody wanted to party with him because his writing was garbage! >.<

I felt a bit of pity for him, but I was drowned in so much stuff to do (like my usual, yanno?) that I didn't honestly consider it a possibility... Also, I didn't really want to feel forced to take like 3+ quests with him just to let him get the B-rank, it would be too much of a hassle.

So... After a while he ended up just leaving the game because he was no longer able to progress because nobody partied up with him... It was a bit of a pitiful story, but... Honestly? Nobody missed him and we were a bit glad he was gone because we didn't have to deal with his garbage-tier stories anymore. I still remember his username and from time to time he actually becomes a laughing stock among those that still remember him... It really is pretty pitiful.

That's the story I guess~

Pyoo likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is a very personal story, so I'll have to make some cuts due to privacy issues... I'm not sure it's even an interesting read tbh, but it might be worth sharing.

It was mid-2016, in old AG, I believe I had been playing for like... 1 month at the time? Maybe less, maybe more, hard to be sure. I was heavily invested in it in numerous ways, with both the game itself and with the people playing it.

My character, Hikari, had a family at that moment. A husband, two mothers (technically three, but the 3rd was MIA, so two in practice) and a sister. (technically two as well, but one was MIA as well, so one in practice)

So... We had a family PM with everyone except my husband and some troublesome stuff I can't share happened... At the time I wasn't quite aware of how deeply linked with Hikari I was, and wasn't even aware of how hurt I was by everything that happened... But I knew Hikari was hurt, and that she needed to solve her problems. So, I did the one thing I have always did to solve my problems... I ran away, I ran away without looking back and letting time solve all my issues. Hikari ran to the arms of her husband (as in, I talked to him on PM while roleplaying as Hikari with her crying and being extremely saddened) and seeked shelter with him, at the same time, I left the family PM I had with the rest of the RP family.

When asked about what happened, I couldn't quite explain it because it was a very personal experience and would expose her family members, which was something I couldn't do. So I did not, I explained nothing to Hikari's husband, making him quite confused about the situation, but he understood that Hikari was (and maybe me too, I'm not quite sure how much he noticed, I mean, I wasn't quite aware of it myself at the time) hurt, and he helped me through the process.

At the same time, Hikari got scared of her family members and couldn't interact with them normally anymore, which was... Quite the weird situation, because she was afraid of people one day, when in the past day she had been interacting normally with them... And nobody knew why, and I couldn't explain it either. Even the one person that did know something happened (Hikari's husband), did not know what had happened. it was quite an unusual situation.

Well, why am I sharing this while leaving out all the details? Because this story has a happy ending. A few hours after I left the family PM, I was privately messaged by the family members asking if I was alright, and they apologized if they hurt me and that it was not their intent... We talked about it and I cried quite a bit, I realized how much I had been hurt by something that had happened to my character and how much my relationship with them mattered to me, it was... A hard conversation to have, but a very good one as well.

And it was also the first time I felt I could genuinely trust someone, because you see... I ran away, as usual, as I always did... But this time, the people that cared for me ran after me, they apologized to me and tried to fix the ties I tried to break myself, they did not give up on me, but instead tried to help me. I hadn't ever felt anything like that in the 20 years I had lived at that moment. They genuinely felt more like family than anyone of my RL family and through them I found people that I could actively turn in for help when I needed aid, which was something I had never had.

And it was this experience that also made a major shift in the way I behaved towards my problems... I stopped running. I stopped running and started speaking my mind about issues, I started actively trying to solve the problems around me because I didn't want this kind of thing to happen ever again. I didn't want to run the risk of losing the first people that ever cared for me (or at least that's how I felt back then) due to me not speaking out about my issues and just trying to run from them.

Because you see... While what happened there was mostly their fault, I was also at fault. I was at fault for not making it clear that their actions were troubling me. They felt I was playing along when deep inside I felt desperate to run from everything they were doing... And when I could no longer endure it, I ran. And they ran after me, and they helped fix our almost shattered bonds.

It was a life lesson to me, to care for myself, to speak my mind when I'm in trouble, to seek help when I need it, and to cherish the bonds I already have, because they're very very special.

... That's about it for the story I guess. I really can't share any details because it's a deeply personal thing, but I hope it was an interesting read at the very least.

Pyoo and Zone Q11 like this.
  10. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Story time~

Long ago at the start 2017, when Dungeons 2.0 was still a thing, there was a thread called "Resource Area". As the name implies, everyone can get one type of resource on a daily basis.
    Normal players visited the place for consumables and materials such as apples and rabbit corpses.

Yeah, remember when those were a thing? Are you feeling old yet?

Anyhow, there was also an option to obtain a Dungeon Crystal Shard. What these items do was still unknown, so players opted more for normal resources instead.

However, there was that one persistent player who was deadset on collecting the shards, as he heard that a "prize" awaits those who collects 25 shards.
    And thus he waited and waited. He bought all shards available on the Market Area, and one day, he finally got what he wanted.

It took a couple of days while since Rumanshi, the legitimate owner of Dungeons, isn't a frequent visitor of NUF. However, the player got what he wanted: a "special" Dungeon Core.

According to Rumanshi, the dungeon could be upgraded using more shards, but... by that time, the player was satisfied with what he got.
    That dungeon became the only "living" dungeon as far as I can remember, and I am still proud to be that persistent player.

By the way, things were wild back in the days. Despite everything being made up as they go, @Kuma Desu got monopoly over Wheat and Cotton, while @fluffymigs completed every public recipe proficiency.
    Kudos to those two, and many others who kept up with the game until its end.

Pyoo, Lonelycity and AliceShiki like this.
  11. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa i alrdy forgot

My fav memory is killing @platys51 !

Zone Q11 likes this.
  12. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    My favourite memory was desperately committing suicide... :blobsweat: