Recommendations Recomendations, please?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by samodi, Dec 30, 2019.

1. samodi

samodi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I'm looking a novel. Please recommend me something that has romance and a female protagonist.

Things I don't mind in these novels are~
    *Reverse harem
    *Transmigration/Reincarnation as heroine/villainess/cannon fodder/other
    *Smut→ I would prefer if the novel DID NOT have this, because I skip reading those parts

DO NOT give me novels that have~
    *Excessive gore/blood
    *FemalexFemale or MalexMale FOR THE MAIN COUPLE→side couples are fine
    *Plot holes
    *Main characters that are not likable

Things I would like the novel to have if possible~
    *Royalty/Aristocracy/Fantacy world in school setting
    *Jealous and a (moderately) possessive love interest→ yandere is fine I guess.
    *Love interest to fall in love first
    *Good flow of events→ Make sure most of everything is easy to understand
    *For there to be an antagonist→ it is fine if the story is an enemies to lovers kind of thing
    ****The story does not need to fully focus of romance→ I would LOVE♥♡♥ it if there was action, friendship, mystery/suspense, and ect included in the story.

NOVELS I HAVE READ and are reading∞∞∞
    Remarried Empress
    The CEO's Villainess Childhood Friend
    Avoid the Protagonist
    The Return of the Female Knight
    Lucia
    The Male Lead's Villainess Fiance

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE NOVEL UPDATES AT LEAST WEEKLY AND HAS OVER 50 CHAPTERS (something close to 50 is fine ex: 47). I dont have a maximum number of chapters I want⇒ the more the better.
    Thank You☆★☆

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Ascending Do Not Disturb

samodi likes this.
  3. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    samodi and Walter vi Britannia like this.
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're ok with gender bender try Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife. It's my favorite love story and it more or less checks off everything in your list. (Even if you're not into gender bender, still give it a try for its comedy. It's one of the funniest novels on this site and that alone makes it worth reading.)

Then there's Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance. You haven't read this yet? I thought this was quite popular among the 'reincarnated as villainess' troupe that's been all the hype recently. I think it fits all your requirements best and it's a really good love story. (Edit: Dammit! I keep forgetting it has a MALE protagonist. Sorry, all the villainess novels usually have a female protagonist and this basically has only stuff about the female protagonist's life through the eyes of the male protagonist so I keep forgetting. lol)

Also, Marietta-hime no Konrei also meets your requirements...except there's a little bit of smut. Just a warning. Read at your own discretion. Though it's not actually THAT much smut since they actually wait until marriage and it basically ends a little bit after that.

The above ones are all completed, here are some more completed ones:
    My Sister the Heroine, and I the Villainess
    A Game To Make Him Fall (There's another one with the PoV of the male lead here The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out that I highly recommend you read alongside this one.)

Still being translated ones:
    You Look Like You’re Made of Money
    You’ve Got The Wrong House, Villain
    Father, Mother Escaped Again
    I’m Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn’t Mean I’m a Bad Person! (LN)
    Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
    Assassin Farmer
    I Don’t Want to Become a Villainess, So I Aim at Becoming a Perfect Lady Together with the Prince!
    I Am Troubled That My Fiance Is a Villain
    I’m the Heroine, but I Want to Hand That Role Over
    The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent (LN)
    I Don’t Want to Die in an Otome Game (Each volume of this is a different story so you can say the first volume is a completed story of its own. And it's a really good story too...slightly smutty though but not very much. Don't worry about the threesome tag, there's no NTR or anything in this...think of Naruto's shadow clone jutsu and you'll understand.)

Some other completed gender bender novels that fit your requirements:
    Swamp Girl!
    Maou ~ Sou da, Yuusha wo Yome ni shiyou ~ (Almost completed, just a few more chapters left.)
    It Seems That I’ve Slipped Into a Different World. Also, My Gender Has Changed. (It's a bit slow paced and people say it's boring because of that but I like it exactly because of that. The ending was such a gentle and soft landing, felt like one of a kind to me. People might say there are plotholes, but it's just some unexplained stuff related to magic and such that don't really need an explanation. So it's not really like plot holes. Don't listen to them. And those who say it's boring probably haven't even read past the first arc, since the male lead is introduced in the second arc and that's where it picks up a little bit. People say the MC is passive, but she doesn't take action because what other people doesn't want her to do, she doesn't want to do those either...why the hell would she stand up for herself if she herself doesn't want what other people don't want her to have? She does take action for things that matter to her, like rejecting other men when she already has someone, or going after someone who she cares about even if she was breaking orders and such.)

Someone above recommended "Suddenly Became a Princess One Day", I just wanna say that you should read the manhwa version of that novel. It's further ahead and the art is very beautiful.

Do read the gender bender ones, specially the one I recommended FIRST, it's my favorite. I was only planning on recommending those two first novels...then another came to mind...then I went into my reading list to copy the name and a ton more caught my eye. lol

Baby yoda_002, samodi and MMWO like this.
  5. samodi

samodi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll make sure to check it out!!! ♡♥♡

6. samodi

samodi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'll be sure to start reading all three!!! ♡♥♡

7. samodi

samodi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I am open to reading gender benders. 'Reborn as My Love Rival's Wife' sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check all the recommendations out. ♡♥♡

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  8. Venguis

Venguis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra?
    It's completed and first hundred chapters are set in a school setting. MC is transmigrated, but it might not be as focused on romance as you'd like judging by your interests. There definitely is romance, and love interest falls in love first, but MC doesn't really reciprocate and it's more driven by action.

samodi likes this.
  9. samodi

samodi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! It sounds great!!! ♡♥♡

Venguis likes this.
  10. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
  11. samodi