Recommendations Recommend me some Japanese novels~

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by akki, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. Dkaepa

Dkaepa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well she was a slave. and he did not have the power or the strength to stop the bandits, the bandits were a 4 or 6.
    and as the name of the novel already speaks he is too lazy.
    but I think it's that part in the beginning that strong but later turns into a more slice of life tipe os novel
    not very good novel, but good for me at least

3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  4. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Why you don't read Arifureta?
    And seriously, rather than searching for new title, why you don't clean up your reading list first? You haven't finished reading something as good as daraku no ou

6. Sujihiko

Sujihiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    "A Wild Last Boss Appeared" - The MC is transported into a game-based world as his female avatar after he sets up a large scale event to "kill" her to rebalance the game (he was top player, basically hoarding all the land and cool stuff), except 200 years in the future where the game world has gone seriously downhill. Unlike the typical set up for these stories, the author has actually put a lot of time and effort into thinking up the mechanics of the game and how that affected the player community. It's a fully fleshed out world, and the MC has a clear goal and pre-set place in the world, so it has a solid plot rather than being about the MC running wild and showing off.
    MC's devoted companion is also a mystery challenging the reader rather than a cheerful friend you're supposed to accept without question.

"Maid in Isekai ≪Fantasia≫" - This a yuri novel with not much translated yet, but it shows a lot of promise. A girl from a futuristic, WW3 Earth dies fighting and her soul is summoned by a noble girl in another world to bring to life the powerful doll/golem her father left to her for times of trouble. Even though there's so little out, it already shows some solid worldbuilding and an intriguing setting. It also seems to be hinting towards having a specific plot.

"I Have Reincarnated into「Welcome to the ○○ Town!」Townsperson A, But the Last Dungeon Was Right Around the Corner" - A short story where a man who dreams of being a town guide in a game is given his wish. However, he's placed in the last town before the hero faces the final boss, so they have no visitors to guide. It's a fluffy romantic comedy.

I also recommend the KR "I Became the Hero’s Bride!", though it's set after the whole defeating-the-demon-king quest. Prior to the story, the hero is summoned from Earth and goes nuts because he thinks he's the main character of a light novel. Since he's actually still useless and is also a complete pain, everyone ends up hating and rejecting him. The only person to show him kindness is the prince, Clarice. When Clarice is kidnapped by the Demon King, the hero finally gets a grip and sets out to save him despite everyone's lack of support, and in fact successfully completes the mission, returning as an actual hero.
    The story kicks off because the hero is now OP, and everyone is painfully aware that he has a good reason to hate them and take revenge. So the (completely insane) king and co. turn Clarice into a woman and force the hero into a marriage with him to secure peace, medieval style.
    It basically parodies those novels where the hero summoned from Earth is automatically OP and gains a harem, and does quite a lot of interesting things with the tropes.

kenar likes this.
  8. Captain127

Captain127 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link