Recommendations Recommendations with *SPOILERS* please

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FlowingSong, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read everything in this thread cause I have not read everything and I don't want spoilers but I saw bits of I Shall Seal the Heavens and fell compelled to point out a few of the things I think really make it stand out. ISSTH is at times philosophical and someone has already posted that bit, but for me what really differentiates it from other Xianxia is the comedy some of it can be a little dumb but not all of it.

One specific example of comedy is that Meng Hao discovers a magical artifact that causes the butts of creatures to explode. As long as they are covered in fur or hair. That particular example is pretty juvenile but there are things in the work that are funny without being juvenile to that degree.

2. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link

I was wondering about something is ATG's protagonist someone with reasons or does he lean more on Chu Feng's attitude when it comes to small confrontations? What I mean is, Is he a reasonable person? Will he kill you because you stare at him?

MapleKaiser likes this.
  3. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really call him reasonable.. I mean he does spare a few people who give him respect.. but hes pretty ruthless. He takes the stance of "protecting the one he loves ruthlessly." so I guess its the same as Chu Fengs.

4. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    Like head of heavenly sword villa. XD

5. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    Yun Che: “Hm, about this…. You can call me Big Brother, Boss, Big Brother Yun, Big Brother Che, Big Brother Yun Che, or just simply call me Yun Che, Senior Brother Yun…. In short just don’t call me brother-in-law anymore.”

Xia Yuanba: “Oh! Oh! Then I’ll call you Boss from now on, is that good?”

Yun Che: “That’s fine.”

Xia Yuanba: “Boss, boss, boss…. Uhm, it still feels kind of weird. Ah, right, earlier Senior Sister Xueruo said she was heading to the Medicine Department for medicinal pills in order to deal with tonight’s banquet. Should we go there too? Since Brother-in-law had just entered the Profound Department, it’s possible to immediately receive a set of medicinal pills from the Medicine Department. You can get one set per month.

Yun che: “…. Don’t call me brother-in-law.”

Xia Yuanba:
    “Ah, I forgot, I’ll definitely pay attention. Then Brother-in-law, should we head to the living quarters or the Medicine Department first?”

Yun Che: “!#¥%……”

my best line from ATG so far. I didn't know Yuanba can be so.. adorable? If I didn't know better I'd say his doing it on purpose to irritate Yun Che but well he is still a young lad where as our Yun Che is a 20 year old man who seems to have experienced everything in the world but is residing in the body of a 16 year old.

6. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still at the early chaps but I already saw him beating Yulong mercilessly. I think he's worst compared to Chu Feng. But somehow he gives a different feel from Chu Feng. Chu Feng kinda feels too domineering. Like everything in the heavens and earth should bow before him because that's how things go while Yun Cheng feels like he won't bother with the world as long as the world does not bother him to a certain degree. Yun Cheng doesn't feel like the type who would kill you just because you insulted him unless you insulted him below the belt. Well at least I haven't seen him do that yet. Will he become like Chu Feng later on?

7. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    WTH whyyy ahahahaha of all the- ahahahahhaha ISSTH sounds fun

8. Silana

Silana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    When the main character ends up losing his/her lover/love interest to someone else.

11. 12kucingputih

12kucingputih Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    In ruthless no.. He is far away from being Chu Feng but in harem he is too op..
    He sleeps with a throne, a powerful existence and that too one who is adored by many supreme powers. A throne is one who is a emperor profound practitioner.

13. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I've actually come to understand his haremking opness in the first volume and I'm like "endure it. It has a good story. So endure the harem you don't like and read on." But after that spoiler *spits out blood* I haven't read that part yet but I have been informed that he has slept with a certain someone. So how many times has he cheated on his waifu exactly?

14. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    if you go by scenes many time by number of girls its two. And the the one who he sleeps with is his waifu's master XD and just missed with the senior sister XD
    it can be justified with master because she would be dead if she doesn't

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  15. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey dog I heard you like spoilers so I put spoiler in your spoilers. Anyways he wont change much.

Chu Feng's 9 lightnings is actually his dads
    Eggy was placed in Chu Feng as a gift by his mom
    Chu feng is the useless child of his clan since his 9 lightnings are not his own he did not have any when he was born so his clan wants him dead which they believed he was
    Chu Feng gets the 4th skill in the emperors tomb which is a dragon

Hope that helped your spoiler crave.

FlowingSong likes this.
  16. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    ahahaha okay that was unexpected! thanks btw!

Raphael likes this.
  17. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    What about other spirit

18. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    Conquest
    “Ugly! You said I am ugly!!”The pitiful creature was enraged!

Her head may break and her blood may flow. As a beautiful woman who would be surprised that her own appearance was the most important thing to her. This was the one thing all beautiful women in the world would not tolerate when insulted!

“You hillbilly tell me, how does a beautiful woman looks like?!”
    “First she needs to have a big ass and big breasts.” Shaar Thunder lifted both his hands to make two extremely exaggerate arcs: “A big assed woman can have many children and a woman needs large breasts to produce sufficient breast milk to feed the children. Additionally, her hands and feet need to be thick so that she can work, cook and carry water to wash clothes, hehe.”

The pitiful creature stopped being angry and started to give Shaar a strange look: “Hey, then what about the ……face? In your opinion, how should a beautiful woman’s face look like?”

“Face? Does it matters how the face looks like?” Shaar gave a disapproval tone: “Old man said: Turn off a light and all women look the same.”

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    FAiri110 likes this.
  19. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to recommend (if you don't read them yet):

Peerless Martial God
    For me, the MC quite similar with Yun Che in some sense. But he did not only want to change himself, but want to change how the world work. Yeah, some readers said the story not good or something like that. For me, PMG is 11-12 from ATG.

Bing Huo Mo Chu
    This story is pretty unique. MC get strong when he learn about cooking.

Conquest
    Story about MC that do not know what common in the outside world. Sometime it will funny.

Long Live Summons!
    One of the funniest story that I've read. What is the best of the MC that his words full of lies. Its so funny to see other reactions.

Virtual World: The Legendary Thief and Virtual World: Unparalleled under the Sky
    Both have same author with Zhan Long. Even though Virtual World are serial, they don't have same MC and story not related each other.

Quan Zhi Gao Shou (The King's Avatar)
    This is the most realistic about game or gamer story. No VR or game element world. The game in this story still using keyboard and monitor. A forced-retired pro-gamer that want to get his past glory.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  20. Mrgameandwatch77

Mrgameandwatch77 Chrit, the God of Squirrels, Moe, and Cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    SKYFIRE AVENUE!

“Guoguo, Ke’er. Protect Mika. Leave these three to me!” As he spoke, he took a single stride forward to meet his assailants.

In the space of that single step, the lackadaisical and indifferent Lan Jue underwent a dramatic change.

A golden mask appeared from nowhere, covering his features. In the same instant there appeared a brilliant golden cape. His hair grew long, like spun gold. Once more he appeared as he did that day on the mountain top, ‘rescuing’ Zhou Qianlin from her marriage.

This man wasn’t Lan Jue. In this moment, he truly was – Zeus!

But the angels didn’t look on in stillness. In those few moments they, too, were in motion.

A dazzling flash of golden red like the rising sun burst in to bloom before Zeus’ face. The explosion released an incomparable blast of light and heat.

The holy fire reflected off of Zeus’ golden mask. His right hand short forth, and a terrible blast of blue light erupted towards his adversaries. It charged forth like a spear, piercing to the depths of that golden orb of light and fire.

Terrible bursts of energy issued from the point of contact. The electric energies cast forth by Zeus seemed to devour the orb. With the air still crackling from the power of the impact, he took another step forward. Surrounded by the remnants of their opening salvo, his approach seemed even more menacing.

The Messenger of Death deftly avoided the blast, floating effortlessly in the air as though he were taking a leisurely stroll. Suddenly, a holy light expanded from his body, pure and brilliant, and raced towards the three women. The chorus of angels rang from it’s depths.

Mika hadn’t moved from her original spot. Her red hair hung lose, framing her pretty face. With head slightly bent, she stood still and silent – as though the events of the world around her didn’t exist.

Lin Guoguo strode forward until she stood between Gabriel and Mika. Her right hand was pressed against her forehead, and a sharp golden light flashed from her eyes. Behind her appeared a golden faceless figure, surrounded by a blazing ring of light. In the blink of an eye the halo burst in to innumerable golden bolts, which launched themselves violently towards the assaulting angel.

The aura around Gabriel shifted perceptibly, created a black void between them. Guoguo’s arrows of light fired harmlessly within and vanished.

It wasn’t a second later that reality ruptured between them, and from the depths of the tear a great azure hand swiped at Gabriel’s halo of light. The attack landed to the side, succeeding in tearing it asunder.

“I said leave the three to me,” Zeus’ roaring voice thundered forth.

Boooom! Earsplitting peels of thunder rang through the heavens. Threading bolts of blue lightning became encased in golden light, and furiously detonated from between Zeus and the Angel of War.

The fiery red figure of Michael staggered out.

Another step forward, and Zeus reached his hand in to a void in space. When he retracted it, a great spear of golden lightning writhes in his grip. He jabbed the weapon towards the red angel.

The air shimmered and parted like water before the tip of Zeus’ spear. Michael grunted and, exposed from the assault, staggered back a few steps.

Zeus wasted no time. The opening allowed him to turn his golden spear of lightning to Gabriel.

Suddenly, dual beams of holy light descended form on high, encasing Michael and Gabriel. The light served as a shield, divine intervention, which also caused the energies pouring from their bodies to become enhanced.

“Let the skies open!” Zeus’ penetrating roars resounded around them.

At his call a terrible boom of thunder followed, and the air above them became riddled with scores of golden fissures.

The white shield of light before Gabriel split like paper in the face of Zeus’ golden spear. The crackling bolt veritably screamed as it made for his face.

Gabriel’s eyes grew wide, and his face paled in terror. Instinctively he drew his six wings before him like a barrier, and his body became consumed in blessed white light.

A shrill cry filled the air as the blinding light receded. Gabriel’s body fell from the shell of brilliance, collapsing to the floor. Two of his six wings had been horribly mangled. Golden rivers of blood sputtered from the angel’s mouth.

“Ascension… ?” The Angel of Healing, Raphael, was struck dumb as he watched the scene.

Slowly, Zeus turned to look at Raphael. Slowly, his right hand lifted to point to the roiling, shattered skies.

“The heavens shall splinter!

The world grew bright as day. With Zeus at it’s center, scores of searing golden lightning erupted from the skies to obliterate everything they fell upon. In the face of this abominable tempest, even the three great angels of the Pontiff’s Castle had to devote all of their power to self preservation.

The heavens indeed fractured, in from the blue skies and white clouds there radiated forth a great beam of light.

“Hmph!” The grunt was cold and angry. Michael, Angel of War, stood unmoved, his six wings keeping him aloft.

Each beat of his great wings radiated powerful, holy light. The shimmering glow spread across his pure white wings until they, too, shone gold with power.

As the last feather of his wings absorbed the golden glow, they split apart. Twelve glorious wings beat furiously at Michael’s back. But more than that, behind the mighty warrior a shimmering ethereal figure with twelve wings of it’s own hovered.

The true angel had emerged. Adventus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.