Recommendations

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sleib, Feb 13, 2021.

1. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Can anyone recommend a good action fantasy book with a strong male lead? I will say what my preferences are. No harem, it usually turns into crap. The male lead should not be wimpy like in some Japanese novels/animes. MC should not be a complete murder-hobo like in many xianxias and other Asian novels. Antagonists should not be one dimensional like in most xianxias. Action scenes should be well-written, characters should not have the personality of wood and stone. The male lead should be strong from the beginning or a talented guy with a good potential who grows from weak to strong. I would prefer if he was stronger than his allies and comrades(maybe excluding his masters/teachers at the beginning if he has one). He should not be too dumb either. Generally, I want a story with a printed book quality. BTW I hated this book, even though this technically passes all these criteria: "Dragon Blade Trilogy" on amazon. I dislike wishy-washy MCs who make stupid decisions. Also, in the end, it would be great if MC had a pretty female as a companion, I do not want forever alone male lead. Thank you in advance, I read a lot of free fantasy/action novels and I want to try some "pay to read" books now. I tried reading "Dragon Blade Trilogy" and it was horrible, worse than many free action/fantasy novels out there, that's why I am asking here."
    I posted this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/booksuggestions/comments/lj1hoq/recommendation_actionfantasy_book/
    The problem is that there are thousands of books on amazon but you never really know what you get. I read Dragon Blade's trilogy there (it was crap) and Reborn: Apocalypse (which was not bad). At this point I am not even sure reviews can be trusted. It's much better and easier to find nice action/fantasy novels here....even though I have to pay money there to buy the freaking book. Are there any action/fantasy novels there comparable and similar to ISSTH, Coiling Dragon, Praise the Orc, Desolate Era, The Second Coming of Gluttony, Legend of Randidly Ghosthound, Mother of Learning, In Umbra Hasta, and so on? Something that focuses on the action/fantasy aspect, has a strong (non-wimpy)male lead with neither harems nor forever alone MCs...and without tragic/sad endings.

2. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really long
    I totally get you though, I recommend Monster Paradise but since it has 1000+ chapters you might get bored with it but in my opinion it's a very good novel, I did read until 1000+ chapters and that means something cause I'm someone who doesn't hesistate to drop a novel if I get bored or the novel is no good anymore
    Monster Paradise ticked off everything I like in a action fantasy with gold finger weak to strong ML novel and not to mention his summons also are cute as f, have a distinct personality each one as ML get stronger, no harem hooray for this and I like his friends too, i like that they didn't stuck with each other 24/7 so MC can flourish and adventure alone in later stages but the author did mention his friend from time 2 time so that we won't forget them...
    i might a bit bias recommending this lol

armad224 and sleib like this.
  3. Nneeil

Nneeil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second Life Ranker <- ( the main character here kills a lot of people but there is a reason)
    The Tutorial Is Too Hard

sleib likes this.
  4. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill the Hero and The Emperor of Solo Play is very good too
    Although the latter is in VR but compare to other VR novel I still remember Emperor of Solo Play plot, it gives strong impression and I did finished reading it yup
    Kill the Hero compare to other revenge driven MC, i felt like the MC in this novel was the most consistent, how should I say it... Hmmm it wasn't like MC become ruthless disgarding of peoples lives after the betrayal. Whether it is in his past life and his reborn life MC kept his identity as a person? Hmmm it is hard to explain, it's just felt like MC is still MC just a bit stronger and a bit black bellied in his 2nd life that's all. I'm very fond of the MC, the plot is also very good, the villain is a lot villain than you think and the villain actually have brains. One by one MC unravel them in his 2nd life it is very eye opening. I got a sense the villain is really a FINAL BOSS MC had to defeat

sleib likes this.
  5. Temnizziv

Temnizziv Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read some of those and I read some. I read Tutorial Is Too Hard, Second Life Ranker(I prefer manhwa though), I have read all translated IET novels. Translation of Emperor of Solo Play seems to have stopped being translated. Others mentioned here, I have not read yet even though I have them on my reading list. If you know some printed books that are similar recommend them too.

armad224 likes this.
  7. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    TaffyGirl13 and sleib like this.
  8. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a god of games does not seem to be translated and I have read the Legend of Sun Knight.
    As for legendary mechanic, it has a slow romance tag, I thought MC was someone without any lover, or was I mistaken?

armad224 and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  9. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    are you ok with mtled novels ? in case you haven't noticed most of the novels you used as examples are misunderstandings novels

https://anonymousfiles.io/hdJooMN9/
    I'm the god of games chapter 1 -404 pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2021
    sleib likes this.
  10. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on novels. For example, most of the IET novels are easy to read with mtl but many other also Chinese novels are not.

armad224 likes this.
  11. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    sleib likes this.
  12. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Redestro