Recommendations Recommended Wuxia Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by dougod, Aug 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. dougod

dougod Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a fan of wuxia genre novels. I want to ask for recommendations for wuxia novels at NU from the masters here :)

2. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Iccang831

Iccang831 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Recommend The Sword and Exquisiteness. This novel is one of the classic wuxia novels written by Gu long published in 1966.

This novel tells the adventures of Yu Peiyu in the world of martial arts which is full of danger and deceit. The leaders of various clans are killed and replaced with similar ones, and he must uncover the truth of this conspiracy.

dougod likes this.
  5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on whether you're talking about Wuxia in a broad sense like including elements of Xianxia or Xuanhuan or strictly Wuxia.

If it's strictly Wuxia, I haven't read too many novels of the genre but these left an impression
    Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre
    Dragon King with Seven Stars
    7 Killers
    Heroes Shed No Tears

I realize that I'm just copy pasting old Wuxiaworld novels right now, but I haven't read many apart from these...

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for proper wuxia novels the best place to start is Jin Yong. His books were the first ones to get translated, and they're by far the most popular.

I'd recommend that you start with The Legend of the Condor Heroes first. It's the first of his long novels, and it's the one that builds the framework for what wuxia is and what it can do. It also has the most memorable characters in the genre and so it's massively influential. For some weird reason, the book is shown as only 1 chapter on NU, but it's a lie and the book is actually 1M words long.

After that you can move onto the other long novels. My recommended reading order is:
    The Return of the Condor Heroes
    The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre
    Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils
    Smiling Proud Wanderer
    The Deer and the Cauldron

7. Wuxia-Indonesia

Wuxia-Indonesia New Member

Reading List:
    Link