Question Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Sparty09, May 12, 2019.

1. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading this novel so was wondering does Wang Chong focus more on improving his and the Wang clans' political/military standing in the empire over his cultivation by traveling to other countries to get stronger like other MCs in different novels do?

Also has any romance developed in the later chapters?

2. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He becomes a general and doesn't go adventuring. He does improve his cultivation though. The story is mostly about political and military maneuvering.

There is no romance.

3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    there is spoiler threat already made
    and it have slow romance tag

4. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    He only stays in his country so far. Collecting capable people, money and resources. He is weak at first. Focusing more on strategy during battle. His cultivation increase rapidly during the war though. Romance is pretty much non existent. There is a few jade like beauties who fall for him but Wang Chong didn't give a shit because he loves wootz steel more.

Drake98 likes this.
  5. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Focusing on strategy is an understatement. The author makes a huge deal about WC's strategic mind that he can essentially go undefeated against the Tang's number one strategist forever. As for romance, he is scared of most women, but then again, he treats them all the same. 'Oh, just give them a little treat and they will be happy and walk away' it is kind of disheartening that nothing really happens. And speaking of the steel, I am also surprised there aren't more attempts to interfere with his procurement of all of these great materials. It is like, the stuff that would be important or dangerous gets sidelined by something that would be simple to deal with. But that might just be me.

6. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the replies and its disappointing to read that romance is almost nonexistent despite girls showing interest in him but because of the military/political maneuvering and him staying in the empire I'll continue reading it.

Does the Wang clan benefit from his military/political exploits?

7. Drakeshade35

Drakeshade35 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean the first arc is kinda about him saving the wang clan so they do benefit from that obviously. as for other benefits the clan obviously benefits whenever he benefits politically/ militarily as they're kind of the same entity.

8. Sparty09

Sparty09 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome it's great to know that the Wang clan becomes much more powerful and have their status in the empire elevated alongside Wang Chong because I like reading these type of scenarios where MCs' family/clan get stronger as well.