Spoiler Red Laurel Flowers To My Emperor / 나의 황제께 붉은 월계수 꽃을

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Sep 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fl : i wont be your women because i am sick of fighting with the other women
    Also FL : i fell in love with him and i wont back down from the fight of women ======at first she seems strongs and pretty and independent, later author make her become more like a puppet, all she did is fight with harem so far and snu with emperor, i havent seen the revenge plan @.@ i was hoping she has some plan and not snu snu with ML, but she seems fall for him faster than i expected so the story became boring now. And ML is exactly what i dont like === too many wives and treated them like shit after having sex.

2. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically he slept with his concubines, he will sleep with FL at some point if he already hasn't, and then he falls for FL and concubines are just bothering Fl, and he doesn't care about his harem, and she of course hadn't had any other partners nor she will have? So classic historical setting even though it's annoying.
    You can actually check really interesting "Dark History of Marriage" by Bailey Sarian on yt about some of the traditions etc etc and how woman were treated. This one reminds me of Sultan Suleiman TV series in a way (Emperor and his harem, then he falls for FL and marries her). I am not saying it's the same, just the concept is similar.
    I am interested in what he is going to do with other concubines and if he slept with them, however it be historically correct and accurate since it's not my cup of tea, I came to see spoilers so that I am not disappointed if I start reading since I just don't like that personally so I don't want to invest my time

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  3. maddict

maddict Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little less arguing about the promiscuity of the ML and more spoilers about the plot please. I would like to know if this story is worth it idc about virginity when that's the least of the story's problem

4. FictionalPeony

FictionalPeony Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope they don't do it on the first night. They just do it a lot in other scenes in the books.
    ml admits it was with only fl that he let his guard down and let himself actually sleep in the same bed as fl unlike the rest of his concubines/snu partners. With others, he either just goes wam bam thank you mam or just carries a sword with him lmao.

nicomcla1995, Ac03, Elisee and 12 others like this.
  5. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It reminds me of an old manga called Red River (one of the best MC hands down). ML didn’t spend the night with the girls (bam wham thank you ma’am act) and/or carried out his sword & put it in vicinity even when doing deeds. Safety & trust reason

Snow fluff, Wapdyne, maddict and 2 others like this.
  6. Brennesha

Brennesha Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hii, anyone have this novel mtld?

7. lune_r

lune_r Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'll bother quoting some of the comments that have been posted here.

If you don't like harems, the ML or any other plot point of the story, then just drop it.
    Do we need continued inundation of a singular opinion in the spoiler thread - it just seems as if it's a campaign to have other people agree with you or also drop the manhwa.

Also cannot fathom how people form their opinions of fictional, historical stories and tropes written from a Korean author's imagination, through the lens of modern upbringing and values, imbued with personal and cultural bias, and then try to pass it off as literary criticism and critical thinking.

8. Shion Lee

Shion Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wham bam thank you maam KSKSNDISBKSSB @Missy Mischief do you see what you did????

Hiiiiiiii, Wapdyne, its0k and 3 others like this.
  9. Isaure

Isaure Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does he still sleep with the other concubines after he met FL ?

10. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind people not liking it since it will mostly may offend modern morals, ideas or stances regarding gender roles in whatever time/era they want to comment on. I just don't want the whole thread to be an ongoing topic about a literary decision that the author took for their story. Fine if you don't like. Vent if you want. But don't bog the thread with the same thing over and over. or just you said, drop it and give everyone the space they want.
    It's not everybody's type of tea or plot. There are readers who can get past the harem and see interesting dynamics without resorting to taking sides or giving 4th wall opinion.

I also don't know how to respond if some reader takes and frames their morals or knowledge in a material that is designed for entertained and mostly sensationalized. Like, there is no shortage on how you know about a subject. But getting your opinions and morals based on a high fantasy material is better than actual research or an expert opinion easily accessible on Google? Really?

11. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please this is a thread exclusively for spoilers not useless opinions

12. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could someone please shed some light on actual plot points in the story? I can completely ignore the romance if story is worth it.

Hoping there can be discussion about other things in this story other than ML and his harem.

nicomcla1995 and Blue119119119 like this.
  13. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he does. It's like part of his job to do so. Part of the ruler job or (head of the family) is to ensure there will be heirs when they pass away. Because of the lack of development in medicine back there and in this era, the practical solution is have many kids as you can. A single or a few kids can't do since most can die due of illnesses and their not so robust immune system. One reason why a harem for a ruler is practical is because it ensures that they can be a number of heirs in a short amount of time. I'm not entirely sure but I can surmise that the same can work in a matriarchy. What matters in age where medicine is really backwards is make sure that even one of the line/family's can live to continue it. Unless of course, the line gets massacred. The morality of having a harem can be discussed ad nauseum but one can't dismiss why it is practical to do so back then.

I read that one. Still remains one of the best historical manga I read. Made me interested enough to dig up the actual history of Anatolia. If that would cross over to mahwha, it would be fantastic, the black and white scheme of the manga puts me off nowadays.

14. Shion Lee

Shion Lee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why was there no babies at all currently?? Surely he works quite hard going through those countless women all these times

Lucy scarlet, Mangaotakus and Veille like this.
  15. Missy Mischief

Missy Mischief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep and i have no regrets :cool:

think of it politically, if one of those ladies got her babies brewed in their oven then their famiky power would rise and would act as if they are tge empress (seeing as the seat was empty) especially if it was a son... the best solution in that kind of scenario would be the find an empress first then impregnate her, solidify the babies position... after all, the emperor grew up in that kind of surrounding where all of his siblings have died aside from him and his brother due to power struggle

Shion Lee and lune_r like this.
  16. Ilsooy

Ilsooy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you hate harem and can't accept the ML having concubines just drop the novel and get out, i get that you hate this genre but no need to fill the forum with your useless opinions.
    And you fucking can't rate and criticise something you didn't read just because you hate the genre!!!

Now, if someone have the mtl/raw, can you share it here please? I'm falling in love with the story.

Another thing, like we have EXs and one-night stands, they had concubines. IT CALLED CULTURES OF OLD TIMES.

17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on different variables, depending on what the story gives us
    - how long he has a harem and how early did he start visiting his harem
    - depends on how much he spends time with a woman, long enough to ensure she is pregnant
    - how many women he 'sees' on a regular basis
    - how 'tired' he is for performing this particular duty. It's not his only task - running an entire empire has its never ending list of tasks. That alone makes me curious if he has good swimmers due to stress
    - how many women in his harem take contraceptives
    - how many women are not in the best medical condition to be pregnant i.e. irregular menstruation or other medical issues in conceiving. I don't know if there is an ancient medical test/s for this.
    - if he is infertile or if any of the women in his harem is infertile - there is no such tests yet so if somebody is infertile, that's another can of worms. And so on....
    - or you could have the author's discretion of explaining things in the background. He might have children but the author only mentions it in a line that gets buried somewhere.

there are lot of possible answers to your question. Ultimately, it will depend on how the author explains it. If the author will bother to explain it at all and just leave it as a plot hole.

Creolenerd, Shion Lee and lune_r like this.
  18. Liho

Liho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh that's the same bro but I read that he didn't do anything to them
    Because the fl got gifts from the emperor and said to him that I don't think I deserve it and so ...
    And he said that
    I didn't do anything to the concubine the night before and even so I send her gifts
    I'm really lost
    Yeaaaa just some annoying dramas and
    I still dunno If he still sleeps with other concubines but I don't think he will cause he is already pretty much in love with fl that just throw away other concubines or just doesn't go near them that's my guess ..... but in the end this is a harem story so u can't have that much hope for it ...

19. Isaure

Isaure Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the manhwa chap 12.. FL maid said tho he has many akasis only 2 are the concubines.. aris n suah.. thats means he only ever slept with those 2 ??

20. pixiedustrattles

pixiedustrattles New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need SPOILERS! Also to the people complaining don’t read it if it’s not to your cup of tea. Stop posting your opinions if you don’t have any spoilers. No one is forcing you to like it or read it. Someone please post some more spoilers cause i’m quite intrigued by this story.