Discussion Red Packet, Red Envelope, and CCG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Moonxious, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Beside the Red packet server, does the other 2 have any 'deep' background?

Like the MC from Red packet was a
    Supreme expert who reincarnated to do something(i forgot, I guess he's the Yellow Emperor or something, at least his past reincarnation.)

I've been reading Cultivation Chat Group a while back but I forgot where I left it.. i have no idea if CCG has deep background though..
    While now, I was just about to read Red Envelope..

(Edit:: I haven't finished the first chapter yet, but I feel like I shouldn't have put Red Envelope on the same level as RPS and CCG.. Red Envelope can't even reach the realm where RPS and CCG at..)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Reyrey

Reyrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CCG so far as translated chapters are there are no hidden or tragic background of the MC.

3. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Shuhang doesn't seems to have any hidden or tragic background. It's his current life that's tragic and misserable while being weirdly lucky at the same time:blobjoy: Oh right, he's peeking into other character's tragic past instead....via dream :blobjoy::blobjoy:

xxdjynxx and pirateking36 like this.
  4. LesserSarcasm

LesserSarcasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what i like about it though, no extra baggage or useless worries, mc lives in the here and now not 10k years ago

5. GodBrandy

GodBrandy ❮Evil Shitposter❯

Reading List:
    Link
    Putting CCG on RPS' level is insulting in the first place. :blobwhistle:

6. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What so ‘deep’ about RPS? And RPS didn’t deserve to be mentioned on the same level with CCG.

Anyway, after more than 2000 chapters, CCG’s mc’s true identity still an unknown mystery.

xxdjynxx likes this.
  7. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Because RPS author actually makes you feel?

Because RPS doesn't just have a random guy running around?

Because RPS has an actual proper plot?

8. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Because RPS author made me feel annoyed with all the repetitive generic plots?

Or rather because RPS has a generic xianxia MC?

You mean a generic plot of Chinese web novels?

9. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Repetitive generic cultivation plot? How about no. Don't make an assumption when you've never actually read the whole novel. And generic xianxia MC? Far from it. MC grows up a lot throughout the story, and never actually turns into some sort of cold blooded killer.

10. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that what you always said, repetitively whenever there are comments about RPS’ plot.

Sadly, it not just me, there are lot of reviews about RPS saying the same thing about RPS plots.

btw, have you checked RPS’ wikia? Here is what written in the Cultivation page:

The cultivation details are complicated. The author sure can't decide about the realms and the cultivation details in his own novel.

In chapter 153 the realms were: False Spiritual level, Spiritual level, False Earth Immortal, Earth Immortal, False Sky Immortal, Sky Immortal, True Immortal (Immortal King). Each level would be split into the early, mid, late, and complete stage.

By chapter 305 the Human Immortal realm was introduced and placed between Earth Immortal and Sky Immortal. Also, the False Sky Immortal realm was forgotten, so only Spiritual Body and Earth Immortal have false realms. The stages also changed. For Spiritual and Earth levels, there are only the early and late stages. For Human and Sky, there are the early, mid and late stages.”

The wikia really needs some serious help.

11. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RPS is fine...at first. the plot, well...not bad. though I wont put it anywhere near CCG level.

My personal problem though is MC"s actions towards the girls. He seems to act like the caring, loyal boyfriend that'll protect his gf no matter what comes to them. which is pretty cool. But the problem is he did that to a lot of girls,which makes him quite annoying instead. I know that it has Harem tag, which I don't really hate (and some of the girls might also possibly be reincarnation of his past wifes or something...I forgot), but the fact that some of the girls didn't know about his womanizing acts and just trust him and love him kinda makes me sad hahaha. that's why I dropped it around ch200. Though if the development got better somehow, I might pick it up again. so....how is it going till the latest chapters?

12. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say just like any other generic xianxia/xuanhuan novel’s progression. Nothing much changed quality wise.