Discussion reforming sex tags

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DocB, Apr 19, 2019.

?

should this new system be implemented?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes

24.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  3. Only Vanilla

7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We live in a world where laws are stranger than fiction. Illegal to be another person of different sexual orientation or interests, but is legally allowed to have sex with their blood-related or status-related family member.:facepalm:

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, spain, france, italy japan, korea, china, brazil, australia, russia, india, thailand among others, followed.

3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I learn something new everyday, but from my quick-search, some or few of them are legally allowed, but socially disapproved. Weird. Anyways, it's still not the whole world. To be more technical, incest seems to be legally accepted by society, but not truly accepted with open arms, from what I gathered in the web.

4. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I know, I just found out when I googled it to reply to your post. And we where talking about the legality of incest, not it's moral taboo.

5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why these tags were even present in the first place, was for people who could get triggered could stay away and those who wanted a particular type of stuff, could find them

If you feel that for a really long novel, any such ero tag is not supposed to be there, just remove it. They were not meant for that. As for the further intricasies with your proposal, let's just see the votes and stuff...

AMissingLinguist and runsing like this.
  6. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    Zaart likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    No. These tags have their purpose and your over simplification will just make them useless.

8. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    but they are already useless, if there is fellatio there is no addionital information or rejection from handjob, paizuri or simliar level actions.
    and if there is BDSM, people won't wonder " will there be handjob in this", are there readers so against handjobs, that they will read about people strapped to the bed, about them being hit with whips but quit the story if there is a handjob?

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone wants to read stuff with fellatio, they'll search for a novel with fellatio.

If someone doesn't want to read stuff with BDSM, they'll exclude the BDSM tag from their filter when searching for things.

They're pretty useful.

10. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    and they can search for vanilla and fetish, respectively and will obtain pretty much the same

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    We're talking about tags, not genres.

If the tag BDSM only appears in Chapter 25, where is the problem? The point of having the tag is, it exist. Doesn't matter if the tag prostitution appears only like 120 chapters later. As long as the tag exist or will exist, it should be there.

If your birth control pills have cocaine in it, no matter even if it's 0.5 miligrams, you have to tag it properly. If your food contains cyanide, it doesn't matter if the content is not enough to cause death, if it has any cyanide with any noticeable content, it has to be tagged properly. Similarly, if there's nudity in Fallout Las Vegas, you need to tag it properly, even if it's optional content, otherwise people who seriously don't want that content will get angry. Refusing to tag contents properly is criminal behaviour.

For example from your own example:
    Incest (93),BDSM (35),Adultery (26), Toys (24),Orgy (19), Exhibitionism (19), Outdoor Intercourse (10)
    Dude, none of these are similar. If someone want to search for outdoor intercourse, will he has to look over titles after titles only to find out that the novel he's blindly reading has incest, which he hates with a passion? What if he just wants to read loving BDSM relationship between husband and wife, only to find a story where the father ties up his daughters and have her have sex with numerous old men for money?

This is the entire reason why tags exist. It is for readers to pick stories with stuff they want and refuse stories with stuff they don't want.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless they want a specific fetish or want to avoid a specific fetish.

Someone may be fine with exhibitionism but be troubled by BDSM, what does your system do to them? Just gets in their way.

Also, putting stuff like anal in Vanilla is just plain wrong. *shrugs*

13. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's not. If I want to read beastiality and incest with orgy, but doesn't want BDSM or adultery, I will be forced to read ALL the stories under fetish and whatever other tag you want to group the rest into. What if I don't want to read about public humiliation, or cosplay sex or stories about someone being tied up and licked by a zombie?

What if I don't want to read about nose hair fetish, or armpit licking fetish? What if I don't want to read about smoking fetish? Yeah, smoking fetish, as well as HIV Positive fetish exists.

Moonpearl and AliceShiki like this.
  14. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    if you are reading erotica at that level and there is something you don't like, the best i can say is by walking by the side of water you will get wet
    besides, you an read the description to see where it will go before you start reading
    having tag of the several act performed is like watching a football match were they tell in the begining not the time of each goal but at least the final result

15. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    public humilition tag doesn't exist, cosplay tag is not sexual so it is not affected

16. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    If I eat meat, does that mean I have no choice about what meat is presented to me?

17. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    you have, but you don't have the right to know the chef recipe

18. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't matter that it doesn't exist right now. You can add tags for when they exist. By removing this, I will eventually be forced to read stuff I hate.

It is the same thing here. Much like how I have the right to choose not to be served pork, I should have the right to know what I'm getting into. The only thing I shouldn't bother about when I choose to read a title, is when it will come and how it will come.

Moonpearl and AliceShiki like this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's the problem with your system, you have no clue how fetishes work and you think that having a fetish automatically means you're okay with everything... Guess what, it doesn't.

20. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    No love for Voyeurism? There are too few novels with voyeurism in it!

AMissingLinguist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.