Recommendations refreshing takes on isekai/transmigration? + more specifics

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by readsie, Aug 25, 2022.

1. readsie

readsie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, i like reading josei/shoujo isekai manhwa, manga and novels. however i find it hard to discover any ones that include the reversal trope or ones that break out of the cookie cutter isekai genre/plot!

i am interested in reading about an mc from a historical era isekai/transmigrate into the real/modern world and i just like those new found dynamics play out. preferably, ones that lean towards the josei demographic so no shonen genre or ones that are simply action/battle scenes.

i would also prefer if the mc does not take anyone’s body and the mc themself is planted into the new world since i tend to be biased toward the original lead/body when this happens in these types of stories. but i am fine if that ends up being the case!

i am also open to reading ones where the return or arrival to the real world happens at some point in the story and not at the beginning. this would be the case in traditional isekais, in which the transmigrator returns to their world like “kill the villainess,” “i raised a black dragon,” or “rewriting the villainess” etc and they bring someone with them!!

also, if the story focuses on the og mc and their disappearance due to the mc. (i recently read a time travel trilogy where the old fl is wiped off from existence bc the fl lives out her life as the og fl and the treatment of the og fl just irked me and wasn’t concluded well and i would like to remedy that) or if characters find out that the mc is not the og person and that changes their view on them since they’re not who they have known to be.

this may be a lot but i am just interested in reading this genre where it doesn’t end up being the same as other stories! bonus points if it includes the angst and emotions of being isekaied/transmigrated and if this rolls over to other characters as well

please list any titles (novels, manhwa, manga or books) if they include one of these plot points/tropes! thanks :)

2. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Adored Koi in the ’70s (The transmigrator is not the mc)
    My Son is a Transmigrated Prince (The mc return to her real world and her son follows her to the real world)
    Who Moved My Mountain (not transmigration but the mc is a mountain demon who had slept for a thousand years)
    I’m the Most Tragic White Moonlight Supporting Female Character in the Book (She's the real original owner and did not take anyone's body)
    Transmigrating To Become The Boss’s Little Fairy (I think the mc is reincarnated...? not sure since it's been a long time since I last read this novel)
    It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future (Aye...this one is not focused on romance)
    The Twelve Kingdoms (Novel/Anime, this one has no romance but the story is really great!)
    The Landlady and The Amnesiac

I know a novel where the mc is from an ancient time who transmigrate into the modern world but they took someone else dead body.
    Evil-Natured Husband, Don’t Tease!
    You Look Like You’re Made of Money
    You Treat Me As If I Have A Sickness
    My Wife Spoils Me Too Much

MANGA/MANHUA/MAHWA (I also recommend an awesome reincarnation/transmigration/transported story!)
    • NG Life
    • Please Save My Earth or Boku no Chikyuu wo Mamotte (My favorite! This also has an anime adaptation but I recommend you to read the manga than the anime because it's not complete)
    • MeruPuri
    • Hajimari no Niina
    • Magic Knight Rayearth (Anime and Manga are both awesome!)
    • Sweetheart V5: The Boss Is Too Kind!
    • Surviving as a Maid
    • The Villainess's Debut
    • I choose the emperor ending

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  3. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
  4. readsie

readsie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks! from the tags, Lucia is a just reincarnation or regression right? i always considered it plain HR so i never read it.

i wasn’t looking for reincarnation/rebirth but isekai done differently/reverse isekai within josei/shoujo

@FluffyLittleRabbit

thank you! i mostly gravitate to shoujo genres/reverse isekai and korean novels since they’re better written and translated from my experience and more recent works too.

i already read i choose the emperor ending but i dropped it after a while out of losing interest!

i was looking for something along those lines roughly so i might pick it back up again.

i started surviving as a maid but it again lost interest since it never intrigued me much.

otherwise, thank you for the reccs! i will check them out

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  5. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    No just reincarnation there's really a big plot about it it's like fate..and like the reverse of what happened..

6. readsie

readsie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh i see!! thanks for clarifying, i will also check it on lezhin too

7. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    Np. :))
    I hope you'll like it~
    :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin:

8. kikithewiz

kikithewiz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try:

To Your Eternity (Fumetsu Anata e)

Douluo Dalu

Drifters

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one recommend Ascendance of a Bookworm maybe because the MC died and went to her reincarnation, the original did die too so it's not like MC takes over and from the explanation I think both of them are one.

You can also try The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent. MC gets isekaied as the Saint. As she's a salary woman, her attitude and behavior are not the 'they need me, so as the heroine I'll save them' troupe. She's an adult in her real body so the interactions is not high school-ish like most isekai.

For Twelve Kingdom, if you only want to read josei then I say choose Yoko's stories.

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto is another popular title. MC is an original character in that world so no isekaied.

I think Reincarnated Princess Wishes To Avoid Death is a bit childish but there's a charm to it.

Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter is also popular imo, and one of the earliest isekai josei. The romance is only the side dish because it's dealing more with politic and country building. Although, MC takes over the original just like that.

I read Stunning Egde pretty early on and I thought this one was a hidden gem.

10. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Netflix has a new anime called Uncle from Another World. This sounds a bit like you’re looking after, just not the asked media (novel).

11. 2A1Z

2A1Z Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm of the same mind where alot of times in isekai stores the MC is put into a world with elves and goblins, basically your standard fantasy world seen thousands of times before. Shameless plug but Devour Heaven takes place in a unique world, in which the MC retains his own body.