Discussion Regressor instruction manual how good is this novel?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Daresan, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read this novel but i am hesitating. I love fang yuan, leylin mc but didnt enjoy isaac. I want to know how good is this novel compared to reverend insanity? Or Warlock of magus world?.

Korean novels tend to not focus on world building and completely focus only on characters which leads to monotonous tone and cheapen the vibe of the whole novel. Not necessarily bad but i prefer novels with world building that invokes my imagination.

2. MonkeDanana

MonkeDanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The world-building is pretty good. I don't remember much but I think the author writing skills is solid.

If you like yandere heroine or smart MC, you will like this.

If you don't like weak MC or MC who works for someone else, you won't like this.

3. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it, so not that good for me..
    I liked Isaac so we have different genre maybe you'll like it.

4. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC felt a little too beta to me. So I stopped reading after a few dozen chapters. I just don't like an MC being so shackled and suppressed all the time.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of world building, entire chapters are basically mc's inner dialogue with little to no basic description of characters' face. Monsters are described just as monster, thats it, no further detail like appearances or something

6. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good, far better than a cheap flick like Isaac.
    You will probably find yourself laughing at the MC's cruel antics.
    The bastard is quite evil, you will notice how fucked up he is as the story progresses.
    You might sympathize with some villains a bit but that's it (they are still villains).

7. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    is it fun to read, different vibe than Linley or Fang Yuan, they are absolute villain kinda antihero
    but this one is considered hero but scheming as hell

8. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Damnn what i hate most is the hypocrite mc. Yes real hypocrite mc is good but if the mc does not even realize he is hypocrite then i will drop that novel like hot potato.

9. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    don't worry, you wont find any hypocrite mc there...

Daresan likes this.
  10. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than evil, I consider this guy... practical. He's weak, has a bad personality, not even all that smart, but he has the will to survive like no other. He's like a weed, also like the Weed (with less emphasis on money). While he is scum, he also has a conscience that twinges each time he does something scummy. He's the kind of person who follows META (most effective tactics available) and would probably even be okay with dying if he knew he could be brought back to life and it was the best way to achieve his goals.

Despite all his bad points, he's one of the most charismatic main characters I've ever had the pleasure of reading about, and unlike most stories about a weak main character, he remains (relatively) weak long past the first arc. He'll work desperately and get stronger, but remain behind his peers the whole way. He'll make great schemes, but either allies or enemies (or both!) will force him to ad lib along the way and sometimes the results will be less than ideal. He'll go to great lengths to make powerful allies, and then suffer as he tries to keep all of them happy. And as his contacts, power, and wealth grow, he'll become busier and busier, and the scale of problems he has to deal with also grows. Also, he doesn't have perfect control of his emotions - he'll feel and act based on hatred, jealousy, uncertainty, he'll act on friendship and love and a desire to protect others.

As for the focus on the novel, there's a lot of world-building as the protagonist makes use of literally everything, including the society and rules of the world. It'll just take a while as the scale of his struggles increase.

He's extremely aware of what he is, and will constantly remind himself and the reader.