Spoiler Reign of the Hunters

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pietje1324, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Pietje1324

Pietje1324 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently started this and was wondering, will the MC eventually be the OP lord and saviour, like in the Legendary Guardian, or will she actually be more social like the novel implies at the start?

What I am basically afraid of is this novel simply turning into another "look at how amazing the MC is" fests. The clues are there, but it can still go both ways, and since some other choices made by the author are not embracing the set template as much as other VRMMO novels seem to do. I was hoping someone could spoil me on if this trend continues.

Who knows, maybe she'll actually join a guild instead of building one up from the ground in a way that has minimal involvement of the MC. I would like to know.

P.S.: if someone could explain to me why Gongzi You is considered a masculine name, it would be very much appreciated.

2. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    i think Gongzi You is a masculine name because Gongzi mean Young Master.

3. Jimminx

Jimminx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She will, in time, improve on her social skills more and more, dealing with issues both in game and IRL. And no worries, this is definitely not one of those "look at how amazing the MC is" fests, you can rest assured.

Well, she ended up joining a guild in a sense. It was created by her cousin after her fall out with another guild.

And uhhh... The same reason why you can tell Julia and Julian apart.... For me at least, Gongzi is the surname and You is the name. You can't try to interpret Chinese names with English meanings.

4. Pietje1324

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read till chapter 150, enjoyed it well enough. Still a bit disappointed on the guild thing, I get why they do it like that, but it is kinda boring to totally skim over it like most novels (including this one) seem to do.

Eventually bothered the only native chinese spraker I know and she explained to me that part of the characters used to write Gongzi You can be read as "son of rich man" or something. She had a hard time explaining it and I only later realised just how much why.

Thank you for the response though.

5. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    ok. so, wat's da future development of da novel. mainly da MC's story..

6. Jimminx

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be, but it does not necessarily mean that it's like that. I'm a native chinese speaker myself and the first impression that name had on me is definitely not "young master *something something*"

7. Jimminx

Reading List:
    Link
    Lot's of drama here and there. Her childhood friends will continue to bug her to help clear dungeons for their POS guild. They would eventually end up hiring thugs to beat MC up in real life, which resulted in retaliation by MC's cousin, fucked em up pretty bad. MC would also finally have a romance with the ML, get married... etc.etc.

8. Pietje1324

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she only told me it was a possibility after I screen capped the characters from the raws.