Spoiler Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It clearly isn't a story made to make you think deeply, even more so because it is the typical kind of novel you can find on Syosetsu. We only read it for the fluff and to know if or how the infuriating characters like the FL's family or the Prince will get karma. For Misano, I wouldn't dislike her if she hadn't resorted to torture to get what she want. I mean, she tried to get between two fiances but the more in the wrong in this situation is the fiance who let her do it. She also had good reasons to believe that Rhonya was indeed bullying her too (wasn't it an accident coming from Rhonya that sarted it all? Can't remember. And after that Rhonys's followers were indeed targetting her). If her darkest side (the torture and the irational resentment toward Rhonya) is influenced by the demons, then she is pitifull. If it comes from herself, she will derserve karma too.

2. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS ABOUT SCHNEIDER AND RHONYA SECOND MEETING AND MISANO FIRST MEETING SINCE THE SCHOOL

So, coming back from a date in town, Rhonya see Schneider in front of her coffee shop. He say, his head bowing low, that he regret not believing in her. That he don't know since when he started to distrust her nor how it came to this even thought he thought from a long time ago that she was is fated person. She answer calmy that is it because they were not fated that they eventually broke up. That he is fated to Misano. Shneider quicly answer that it is wrong and that they made a promess a long time ago to love each other. But Rhonya only reaction is to say that they were seven years old. She bitterly think back of the time Shneider was laughing with her and how she took his hand because she was hoping that another fate could happen to her. Schneider is calling her out on all the memories they have together from when they were younger. She start to cry, making Shneider think that he hurted her hand by pressing to hard and apology for it. Instead, she ask him why he is trying to use their precious memories now, when they are not connected anymore, now that she understood that there is no future for them. He apology again in a very small voice and leave.

Then enter Misano, calling the coffe shop "shabby" (the way the witch in Howl's castle did, you know...lol), asking at the same time if she is taking care of it alone. When Rhonya tell her that she is going to close the coffe because she need to go buy something, Misano call her on the fact that she is not a noble anymore and to not adress her so familiary. She continue by saying how she saw her in tears and ask her if it is how she managed to manipulate Sneider, by crying and playing the pitifull part. Rhonya try to stop her and to explain herself but Misano start to rant about what happenend after she got expelled from the school. She is furious of the way Rhonya get wathever she want thanks to the power of her family, like the first place in school. Rhonya said that it is not true, it is because she was doing her hardest, but Misano don't believe her, saying that she had no reason to do so with the backing of her house. It makes Rhonya think back on her childhood on how hard everything was, contrary to what Misano is insinuating. Because misano don't actually know the truth about her family 's true nature. She kick out Misano, telling her that even if she came to ask her to stop meeting with Shneifder she should better worry about herself because the truth of the "case" has been discovered (I think she is talking about the torture of the ladies who testified against Rhonya). She say goodbye to her, wishing her happiness with Shneider before going shopping. She trully wish them well, not holding to bitterness or resentment.

She thinks of Chise and what would make everyone happy and buy steack, since they like meat. When she came back to the shop, she saw from the window a light, a spell that she think was left by Misano before she was kicked out. She tries to repair the shop, really damaged, but feel that something is wrong. In fact, it might not be Misano's job after all but someone bullying her. Apparently the coffee is in an horrible state, to the point she start to cry in Sena's arms. She tried to hide her anguish and smile to make him confortable, but he saw how devatated she was and told her it was alright to cry and to use his shoulder, even "if it is narrow" (contrary to Chise's? Is it was you are trying to say? Way to path the way friend). Rhonya is really sad, because she want to relax and to make it her happy place so much but it is now in an horrible state. They talk a little and Rhonya, after crying a lot, apologize for weeting his shoulder so much. He answer that it is not such a big deal and that it is fine this way sometime. He recognize the smell of Shneider and ask if he is the culprite; She answer that it is not the case. He don't ask more but say that she can't stay here with someone so mean targetting her store and tell her to come stay the night at the Mercenarie's squad's place while she enjoy his fur again.

3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That bit about her no longer being a noble bothered me
    1 did she ever renounce her position
    2 did her family disown her
    3 was there some sort of trial in absentia

So misano tortured people to fake evidence ? at what point is that found out

And as I said simple common life b.s. Milano can do whatever she wants to rohnya

I

Shey_04, lazynoodles, Aymee and 2 others like this.
  4. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    She did not clearly tell "You are not a noble anymore so pay respect", but this is how I understood her reaction because Rhonya even used the "sama" so she wasn't really impolite. Or she was frustrated with having being told to leave, and that would be weird too because she is the one who started insulting the place first.

For the torture case, it was about the followers of Rhonya who were indeed harrasing Misano. Since Misano was sure that they acted on Rhonya's order she harrased them with illusion until they said what she wanted to hear. The Prince realized it when Rhonya's friend investigated and found Rhonya's followers crying, asking to be forgiven for helping sentencing Rhonya with their lie. Rhonya know that is what happened because her friend found the coffe shop too with Schneider and they talked together including about this matter (if I am not mistaken, I haven't read the story for a while).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  5. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, basically Misano is so sure of her intelligence that the only reason she thinks Rhonya was the top student is because her family paid for it, that Rhonya always had a better life than hers, that she absolutely likes Schneider or wants to manipulate him, and she is sure Rhonya tried to bully her because her entourage attacked her, the idea that they may have been acting of their own will not even crossing her mind, partly because it would make sense and the fact that Rhonya's family has a lousy reputation that everyone seems to know about except Rhonya's family i guess?

Pretty sure this will end with one of Rhonya's allies screwing her over, Rhonya saving her or for everything to be made so clear, that Rhonya really is smarter and didn't bully her, that Misano will have a brief mental breakdown before attacking Rhonya out of jealousy.

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC the king mentioned that her family disowned her.

Migrad and kawaii12345 like this.
  7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess lets assume
    1. She didn't but she'd certainly agree NOT to be related to her mother and brother at least (I mean, the only people she considers as family in that household is her grandfather *whom I assume no longer holds the most power?* and Ramo
    2. Most likely. Earlier comments before mine already have the king says she's been disowned but according to what we know, if Rhonya decides to come back on her own free will, she might be bestowed a title of her own (I mean, 2 non-human kingdoms virtually want to adopt her. The royal family knows the truth of the banishment incident and her involvement in saving the world, diplomatic relations she's a winner in life *but most of the student nobles or other nobles who hate her ambitious family might be against the idea but meh. We won't ever go this route). Plus, after suffering the last verbal abuse from her brother, said brother wasn't mentioned again in the spoiler threads, so he's still a threat but at the same time, unless some karmic retribution or a plot point is in order (like the recent knight squad he's in charge of that has been mentioned suddenly involve themselves in the plot, then they're (mother and son) are currently shelved and put on a bus.

The Misano torture people incident if I understood correctly is basically the same incident in vol.02 when Rhonya's 3 orbiters admit to Lexi that the reason they betrayed Rhonya in the banishment incident is because of Misano torturing them with hallucinogenic drugs, the drugs basically let them see their worst fears (mostly insects). Though, in Misano's flimsy excuse, in her mind, this was... err... self defense? As for the orbiters, Rhonya warned them not to be involved with Misano (and after said event, she basically considered this as something close to fate correcting the timeline) but they did it out of close to noble duty? I mean, Misano WAS hanging with an engaged man, much less a person related to Royalty (and Misano's status WAS a lowly daughter of a Baron. Cue the common heroine background).
    Honestly, reading the comments now, there's one thing that struck to me, what WAS the catalyst for the Rhonya vs. Misano feud? Again, I don't have the heart to reread the earlier chapters. @KathyClysm reminded me of the idea that Misano was always or was meant to be an unpopular heroine who uses... questionable means to obtain her goal (which was why in modern standards or at least in the previous world, the plot wasn't well received). Now @Lamune44 has mentioned that this might be a case of an accidental event that wasn't a rare hate at first sight kind of thing.

Honestly, I don't fully get Misano's reasoning (the paid by her family thing). Sure, I CAN see it to some extent. But why SHOULDN'T she have the best grades? She's about to be married to royalty and has to shoulder diplomatic relations as part of her job. She sacrificed her social life (again, a little reminder to everyone, Rhonya's friends are basically just Hansel, Lexi, and Schneider and she only has 3 orbiters. Rhonya was a well known introvert), which again, I can see why people would think she was paying off the academy, but only on the written tests or whatever (if those noble kids really hated her or her family or just wanted to find some excuse). But again, what about practical Magic exams? It might not be common knowledge, but she's been having spartan magic training magic with Graytia, who IS the Royal Magician, whose main job should prioritize the Kingdom first. Its possible to consider she bribed him but it was more closer to common knowledge that Graytia had a rivalry to Rhonya's brother *one sided on Rhonya's brother part* (and again, how can you bribe someone when Graytia had the higher position and the better paycheck? And if you know the guy's character *the barely talks to anyone type but is serious with his work*)
    Then, even then, the only part we can practically excuse Misano's behavior for (if this really was a one sided rivalry caused by an accident), this doesn't excuse her future behavior afterwards. I don't remember the earlier chapters much but I clearly remember that one panel of Misano clicking her tongue in chapter one when staring at Rhonya (either Rhonya didn't fall for her trap or didn't do a thing against her or whatever). Meh.

8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistically they should act on that knowledge. On international relations alone she is more valuable then her ex and his girl, and if done in a way that bring shame and dishonor to the rest of her family, since they kind of drove off and dishonored a national hero so there could be a decent argument that then need to give her restitution for the insult, it could satisfy the other nobles since the dislikes status climbers lose status and their greatest asset.Plus there is always the chance of other nobles using her lack of status to attack her without real repercussions.

9. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone actually dares to blow up her caffe? lmao, be prepared to be slapped by army of spirits or even worse, world war. damn, if its actually suckhneider doing, he is beyond help. just go to the elf territory please, at very least you got the queen and hero protection.

so misuckno are salty because ronya is better and doesnt believe/in denial about it? if her family actually pull some string like that, this silly 'condemnation' event wouldnt happen in the first place because they will try their best to slap misuckno up or simply made her gone. the heck, i swear in this kind of story social standing doesnt really work anymore or what? banishing a high-standing-spirit-master-strong-magician-world-saviour just because bullying? not saying bullying is not bad or not a big deal just to be clear. like, oh a duke (CMIIW) daughter is bullying someone?banish her!!!!1!! can you actually believe that?

also didnt suckneider need ronya family support or something? like he immediately lost support and respect after he let ronya go and he immediately regret it and breaking up with misuckno, they deserve to be together OTP. sorry for rant and thanks for spoiler :blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Question on the broken cafe/shop portion but which volume is this? Is this still part of Vol.03 or the Vol.04?

Shey_04 likes this.
  11. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    The three scenes (meeting with Schneider, Misno and the broken coffee shop) happens in the chapter 88 availaible on alphapolis. For the novel, it should be included in the volume 5 or 6 if they don't make modifications.

https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/94131096/797099378

Asami, lazynoodles and Hypothon like this.
  12. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly Misano was getting close to Schneider and was aiming for the first place. Since it put even more pressure on Rhonya, she wasn't really on a great state of mind. Then, suddenly seeing Misano and Schneider walking together and acting like they were close, she was made to remember the book and doing so lost the controle of her magic becaue of the pain that she might lose Schneider after all despite all her efforts. The outburst almost injured Misano gravely. It was an accident, but Misano taught that it was a declaration of war and escalated her own actions. The rest is history. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  13. Phenixia

Phenixia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon When she talked for the first time to the lion all alone, she said she's 16. And she gain knowledge of her previous life when she was 5.

And thanks for all the spoilers, everyone! :)

Shey_04 and Hypothon like this.
  14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @Phenixia For Rhonya's age, I was partially aware of it (the recent manga update verified she was 16 at Vol.01) and by Vol.3/4 probably 5 of the novel timeline, Rhonya is already 18 by then
    Thanks on the verification though on when she transmigrated though

Aymee likes this.
  15. Phenixia

Phenixia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! The age of 5 comes from another manga (reading to many in one day is messing my memory). But 16 is still true.

Aymee likes this.
  16. Cipher95

Cipher95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @
    In the manga, the book thing was just she and her friend were carrying some books and another student suddenly bumped into her, that caused Rhonya to lose balance and one of the books fell from the stack and down the stairs next to Misano's feet and she made a big fuss over it as if Rhonya tried to drop a book on her.

The magic incident was when another student's magic went out of control and blasted at Rhonya who deflected it away on instinct and Misano just so happen to be standing in the direction to where she deflected it.

Nothing she's done directly shows any bullying and in both incidents, Misano was resenting Rhonya because she beat her in academics and the magic competition.

17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    While I've said before I don't remember Rhonya's crimes, but I feel like the book incident was something related more of a bookshelf? I mean, I can understand the magic incident though (since its magic, if one isn't careful enough, the injury might be bad). A falling number of books in a staircase won't warrant such hatred, sure if they're really thick books that fell individually, it might lead to a concussion(?). But a part of my memory/gut feeling feels like its more of a bookshelf incident instead (at least, an actual falling bookshelf might be more life threatening, it could even justify in Misano's warped head she was a target of harassment, problem here is if I remember it right, how could Rhonya make an entire bookshelf fall down in an accident?)

18. Cipher95

Cipher95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say for the LN/WN since I'm too lazy to look for it but that's certainly what happened in the manga. And like you said, how and why would Rhonya make a book shelf fall.
    In the manga, the incident occurred just after Rhonya beaten Misano in their exams again so perhaps she saw the book as an opportunity to let out some resentment by badmouthing her only to see that her gaslighting wasn't called out and maybe this was the beginning of the escalation of her lies as she sees she can get away with it.

imreallyanarwhal, Jukki and Hypothon like this.
  19. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Went to break my internal debate and decided to read chapter 1 again of the novel. And you were right.
    A little reminder to everyone (since it would seem the adaptation rearranged or cut some scenes/details)
    Chapter 1 miscellaneous details (I didn't read all of it but spedread. Again, I SPEDREAD and add some of my interpretations. Did not read as far as the condemnation/banishment event)
    So, basically
    >I've come to debunk @KathyClysm's claim on the OGPlot being unpopular (unless ofc the author changed the narrative in later chapters). It wasn't entirely wrong though. It was Rhonya's OGJP self who thought the novel was too much of a big deal/cliche writing since its the simple villainess strikes, and the heroine fights back. Her OGSelf believed they could've solved their issues in a much simpler/peaceful approach (but is aware the OGPlot might've been boring to modern day readers). Honestly though, it COULD be boring but if an author can actually pull a diplomatic solution with little to no repercussions, even at the cost of a short read, at least I might be interested (ofc the details that lead to such an approach would be important), not sure for the rest of you all.
    >Rhonya's family status was a Count (honestly, because I skipped the early chapters, I just found out from the later updates her family title) but her family had too much influence in the Kingdom's Southeastern area that they were practically in control of it. In theory, they have financial powers equal to or greater than a Marquis (I mean, how else could she be engaged to a relative of royalty given her family's ambitious rep?)
    >We'll have to agree to this one on the adaptation not revealing it just yet or poorly adapting this, but Schneider is the son of the King's younger brother who was bestowed the title of a Duke. We have a Crown Prince, who is currently 13 years old in the novel raws.
    >It wasn't completely love at first sight but Schneider did get Rhonya's attention when he proposed on the future engagement maturely (again, she was surprised at how mature he's taking this all at 9 years old and basically told her he'd treat her well thus the start of her thought process so long as she can persevere the 7 years of mental abuse by her family, she could actually be happy with Schneider but again since it wasn't completely love at first sight, she was also preparing on the banishment event. Preparations include buying the hourglass which she still uses on her cafe) and saw something close to love in his eyes directed at her, giving her hope and an emotional crutch
    >Wnile not properly mentioned (unless I'll reread the whole early chapters), I'll assume Rhonya was reincarnated. She took her harsh lessons without complaints (and justified it as part of noble duty) but experienced the abuse firsthand at an odd year of age, either 5 or 7 when she requested a break for leisure of some kind but got slapped by her mother. Her 5 year older brother also glared at her on her suggestion.
    >Her father is still alive but is the type or treated as an introvert (after gaining the status as head, he "went into seclusion" apparently and all face of the family was left in charge of her abusive mom and brother). At an early age, she already had to experience going to parties and having older nobles attempting to connect with her in hopes in connecting with her family. Her grandpa handed the head title when her grandma died.
    >Ramo incident happened when she was 12. Schneider was already aware of her desire for relaxation (not sure on the abuse but I'll have to say, he probably was aware of it, he used his authority as the higher status to basically persuade her mother and brother to allow her to study baking as a hobby). Back to the Ramo incident, Rhonya lowered her guard since she expected there weren't servants around (and with Schneider's permission, she was already allowed to brew the tea herself so long as it won't affect her family's rep or something), sadly it was Ramo's early days of work and upon seeing Rhonya brewing tea herself was profusely apologizing leading to Schneider commenting that he's surprised she was this kind of person. This event was eventually pushed behind his mind later to be brought back at a later event/argument. As for Ramo, because of his shame, he quit on the main house but Rhonya had to persuade her grandpa to take him in (Schneider wasn't aware of this apparently)
    >The academy life has a 6 year span. Dunno when they start but again the condemnation event wasn't the usual graduation event but during Rhonya's school life.
    >Rhonya got the top marks in both entrance exam and is considered the top ranking female student, and Schneider was the top ranking male student of the entire academy (the benefits of the top student is revealed later in vol.02 where it allowed said students to postpone their exams if with proper excuse)
    >When they were 13, Schneider was apparently impatient enough to ask Rhonya for a kiss on the lips but she allowed it in the end. The public engagement announcement was released when they were 15.
    >Enter Misano a Baron's daughter, who was a well known outcast prior to meeting Schneider. Schneider with his justice boner couldn't stand seeing a lonely woman on her own and befriended her. Misano touched by his actions fell for him knowing he was engaged and was glaring at Rhonya for something she could not have. Schneider would eventually hang out with Misano often but would leave her when he noticed Rhonya's presence (thus, more glaring)
    >Small reminder, Rhonya sees Misano as a true genius that she didn't need to go through Rhonya's spartan magic training with Graytia to be on top but Rhonya stayed on top BECAUSE she HAS to or else she would be punished by her mother and brother as well as it might affect her reputation as Scheider, a Duke's heir's fiancee.
    >It was already mentioned how it escalated but an add-on: On the book incident, Rhonya herself personally apologized and attempted to explain it was truly an accident but apparenty Misano misunderstood her and treated it as harassment (Rhonya's POV btw). As for the magic incident, Schneider was nearby when it happened and was ready to protect Rhonya but again Rhonya deflected the spell out of instinct and was horrified it landed nearby to Misano (again, both incidents did not physically harm her but was close enough for it to be so)
    >Rhonya's tea party with her soon to be orbiters happened. While intially uncomfortable having a Count's daughter serve them herself, they got used to it when she had to use her authority/higher status that they really shouldn't be so tense. Noble ladies started to badmouth Misano for not only hanging out with an engaged man (not sure if this was already at the age where this was publicly announced they were engaged. But it WAS common knowledge already that they were practically a literal power couple) but of someone waaayyyy above her status. Tea party was interrupted when spiders invaded the tea party. Noble ladies ran in fright while Rhonya stayed and found the spiders cute. She noticed Misano's figure in a distance but paid no mind to it. Misano is mentioned to smile and thinking she won. Enter Hansel, Rhonya is still using formal language towards him atm, they talk and he asks if he would drop the honorifics on him and that she should rely on Schneider more when he realized that the spider was an attempt of harassment towards her.
    >Later that day, Schneider confronts her about Misano complaining to him that Rhonya harassed her. Rhonya insists she hasn't and he brings up the Ramo incident (unaware of Rhonya's hand in having him be sent to her grandfather) that she had that servant be fired. He accepts her explanation for now. Said event is basically the final straw for her since all 3 accidents were already close to similar to the OGPlot (other than now being complete accidents) and with Schneider confronting her like in the novel, she starts preparing on her eventual departure.
    > Edit: during the confrontation with Schneider, it was practically one sided in my reading. Rhonya's only turn to talk was insisting she did not do such a thing but Schneider defended himself that while he was hanging out with another woman, he would never cheat on her. He was not that kind of man
    >While not chapter 1 info, the latest chapter translations reveals Rhonya's brother's occupation: something close to a captain of a knight squad so talented that his subordinates are practically just a tier below him (small reminder, he was 2nd place behind Graytia who became the royal mage). That's the reason why Rhonya won't allow Laclaine to go haywire on her brother (but even without that, Orphedoto just needs to say the word and Rhonya to agree to it and the kingdom becomes an automatic desert devoid of plant life but our girl is too nice for that)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  20. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the manga was stupid but this is ridiculous. Even if rhonya is too nice why the hell is the king letting Schneider and Misano screw with a woman who can end the kingdom quicker than you can say jack robinson. If I were at my desk there would be dent from banging my head

I just can't deal with this Japanese literature. I was just thinking about the difference with "The Crown princess audition" earlier. There Apple at least had the humanity to get pissed and feel genuine emotion at being wronged. She's still a lousy negotiator, I would have hidden the invitation, threatened to destroy it, then extorted Rose. If she complained about having already paid, I would have just said too bad for you, you just bought your way into the poorest noble family in the kingdom, the room in the attic is yours and you can have my hand me downs after you patch em

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020