LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone has been reading too many xianxias with angry young masters.

And that last chapter was downright hysterical. I spent so much of it giggling! Thankfully I didn't read it while out and about or people would've given me strange looks!

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read xianxia! \(^^)/

Teehee, it was amazing!

Though I think it is pretty unique how all the girls got into a fight for Reika-sama's sake, but nobody dared to touch a strand of her hair~

Arcturus likes this.
  3. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't referring to you.

>.>

I was referring to the person you were replying to.

*pat @AliceShiki *

4. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe *shrugs*
    I just don't like Bakaburagi,sorry for those who are supporting this ship,but I wish he'll just destroy his company with his stupidity and become a commoner to be with wakaba forever and doesn't touch our Reika-sama,she has her own problems already

Sharudeis likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh!

... Teehee?
    I think nobody really supports Reika X Bakaragi! xD

He is pretty smart though? He has the best grades in Suiran after all.

He is dense, and very bad at judging people I'd guess, but he knows his stuff, and he knows how to act like a proper gentleman when needed.

He'll probably do pretty well in business... He is just troublesome for the people close to him!!! >.<

Arcturus likes this.
  6. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the general case, in Reika's mind she's a "paper tiger" (faker). Basically, she lacks self-confidence in such things. She also wants to avoid conflict as much as possible. If she tries to ignore her social standing and compete on merit she would likely undermine her own standing - so even if she "won" the battle she could lose the war. However, she doesn't like using/abusing her social status either, since that's what original Reika did and she had a bad end.

In this specific case, Reika knows all too well the dangers of what could happen to her if people (and Kaburagi in particular) believe she's bullying Wakaba - because that directly led to original Reika's downfall. It would be rather suicidal of current Reika to simply try to brush it off. It's not like she can get away with anything and everything, even if she can come out on top against most other students as she can't win against Kaburagi. Having Kaburagi's support (on top of her own social standing) makes Reika pretty much immune. In addition, Reika doesn't like bullying and wouldn't want to be thought of as a bully.

Neiden likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much this! Reika-sama is a good girl! And a good girl that knows her stuff too!

Bullying is bad! Love gossip is better! \(^^)/

8. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really have a "favourite" ship in this series. If forced to chose I wouldn't pick "Reika X Kaburagi" but I think it could be very interesting so I wouldn't have a problem with the author going down that route.

Kaburagi very much has a one-track mind and is very assertive. It also seems that his default attitude is to not give a damn what other people think and because of that he can be very blunt and also tends to miss various cues - he wasn't really aware how others viewed his attitude towards Wakaba. From the various small hints it seems he generally gets along with the boys just fine (ie will chat to them in class like friends) but it's rare for him to be comfortable around girls - probably because in his experience 99% of the girls he interacts with are fan-girls and annoying.

It would be interesting to know what Kaburagi really thinks of Reika and why we had this in chapter 201: “So Kisshouin had noticed…” he muttered.

Reika's definitely a good girl. She's also slowly changing and is becoming more self-confident and assertive. It'll be interesting to see what she's like at the end. She is still very weak to flattery and has a strong tendency to handicap herself or underestimate herself though.

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *pushes him off a cliff*

Heretic! How dare you accept Reika X Bakaragi!!!!

Well, jokes aside, it could be interesting, but I think they simply don't match... Your description of Bakaragi is right on spot though! \(^^)/

Reika-sama surely grew a lot though, didn't she? Before, she just kept going through horrible experiences because of Enjou and Bakaragi being on her class.

Then, she kept on bowing her head and apologizing to everyone for the trouble Ririna caused.

Then she used her Fan to beat Tsuruhana into submission.

And now she solves the tension between her group by spreading Enjou gossip.

She surely matured a lot~

Neiden and Arcturus like this.
  10. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if it ever happens it'll start with Kaburagi - eg his romance with Wakaba fails and he falls for Reika on the rebound or something. The way Kaburagi is, when he likes someone he really likes them and once such a feeling fully blooms within him (assuming he doesn't resist it for the first time in his life) then her would pursue Reika strongly. Reika is actually really weak to guys coming on to her... except when she knows that they're no good. It would be harder with Kaburagi though, in all sorts of ways - her instincts would scream at her to run away but also that she can't anger him (in case of retaliation). And meanwhile a part of her would desperately want to be wooed. I can imagine her feelings would be going all over the place. Reika has a bunch of romantic daydreams going through her head and Kaburagi is probably about the only guy who would seriously fulfil some of her crazier ideas.

As for whether they match... in some ways they do and in some ways they fail spectacularly. In some ways they bring out the worst of each other. But they also challenge each other. It certainly wouldn't be smooth sailing.

She has even been able to achieve cooking normal food!

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Reika would be so absolutely desperate at the prospect of him going after her that she would instantly crush all flags...

As in, I agree that they match surprisingly well in some points, and that Bakaragi does have some points that could be of interest for her... But he is the very definition of trouble in her books... I really don't think she'd be able to touch the idea of a romance with him even with a 100 feet pole.

*laughs* I hadn't thought much about the food part as growth, but it is true!! ^^)/

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, if anyone sees the April Fools chapter, could you give a poke here on the LCD? I always miss those and am really curious on how they look like...

I really wanna see @estelion's april fools joke! >.<

Lonelycity likes this.
  13. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too

Lonelycity and AliceShiki like this.
  14. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me three.

15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Two new chapters! \o/

*Pokes @AliceShiki *

Those were some solid setup chapters for the upcoming main event though.

The Imari part was amusing. (Still shipping Takateru × Imari!) .

And Akimi with Food-lover dude seems like an interesting match (though Ichinokura still has that girlfriend possibly)

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* Onii-sama pretends that Imari-sama is dangerous, but the truth is that Imari-sama is his lover! He will not give Imari-sama up, not even to Reika-sama!!!! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

I was so worried about Reika-sama losing face in front of Mao-chan when cooking... Good job Akimi-san! You did a wonderful job! \(^^)/

Ichinokura-san most likely has his model girlfriend, so the shipping probably won't lead to anything~

... Reika-sama's reaction on the last line was the exact same as mine... I got surprised by the synchrony! xD

But well... This is troublesome... Bakaragi will now discover a love rival on Reika-sama! >.<

Chiiiiiiiii and Arcturus like this.
  17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Kanta-kun is the only person who can keep Reika-sama from committing Crimes Against Cuisine.

estelion, Red.Gamer and Arcturus like this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Wakaba-chan is also good at it! >.<

But I agree! He is a good brother-in-lawA He will do a good job once Reika-sama marries Wakaba-chan! ^^)/

doroppu, Allie and Neiden like this.
  19. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who is this Tagami guy. I don’t seem to remember him.......

20. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went back to check and it was the guy who mentionned that Reika had questionned him about Wakaba-chan during the whole locker incident.
    To put it simply, he inderectly accused the Queen and now he is fearing for his head.