LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. lavender_drop

lavender_drop 『Frequent Visitor』

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, the romance aspect is like a drop of oil in a bucket of water but I HAVE FIXED THAT ! I HAVE NO ILLUSIONS ABOUT THIS BEING A GRAND ROMANCE ! I JUST WANT AN OP GUY TO BLINDLY DOTE ON HER TO THE POINT OF HOPELESSNESS SO HE TORTURES HER WITH HIS LOVE HAHAHHAAAHAHAHAH FCK I HATE HOPING FOR ENJOU AND HE IS AS SHIFTY AS A RAT (no offense) !

2. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey just a quick question, was Yukino a part of the original manga series (the You are my Dolce one)? Like was he a part of the Enjou family in that or he’s only appeared now?

Abhieghail likes this.
  3. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Mentioned only in manga i believe. That's why she's pleasantly surprised. Other like Enjou fiancee and the stupid kouhai as well.

lavender_drop and Red Bean like this.
  4. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah okay, thank you!

5. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    So... is the series dead? I just checked it states 299 Chapters (Hiatus)... T_T

6. earp

earp villainess trash reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    well...i guess so...since its on hiatus for more than a year now. hope the author is ok

7. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it have a way to contact the author? (Even if he/she don’t reply back?)
    I’m a bit tempted to send him/her a fan mail asking for him/her to continue the work.
    Btw did he/she announced taking a break or he/she just disappeared without a word?

8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that it'll help much. Kenkyo Kenjitsu is one of the most popular books on Narou so there's no shortage of fans hoping that this book gets continued. I wouldn't be surprised if there have been a ton of book publishers knocking on the author's door as well - it's easily the most popular book to not get a light novel yet.

9. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I know but just want to give it a try. I want to send a mail in english and french to boost his/her moral. Better than nothing, at least i would have tried.

Edit : Mail sent, mission completed.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Elliana and ladyartemis like this.
  10. honeybuttertoast

honeybuttertoast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys, I know I’m late on joining this train. but I just found this story & been binge reading, I just want to know why kaburagi is so mean to reika??? my child deserves respect from all the help she’s providing this stalker mess!!!

((hello!! I’m new, so if I made any mistakes (i.e posting in the wrong forum) please let me know, thank you all in advance!!))

11. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think he is "mean" per say, just he is oblivious to the condition of others.

12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he is retarded

199sweetheart and kenar like this.
  13. Moy

Moy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not really bad, he's just ... Bakaragi :blobsweat_2:

14. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would help if we saw more of him interacting with others, since it's a bit hard to be sure otherwise. But overall my impression is that he doesn't treat Reika that much differently to other people. I think part of the "problem" is that Reika tends to avoid the guy, meaning that she doesn't deal with him in more ordinary circumstances when the situation is more neutral. ie when they're talking at all it generally means something else is going on which heightens the tension.

I think another factor is that Kaburagi doesn't hold back against Reika. I think he holds himself back a lot against girls in general because it's been beaten into him but Reika (pretty much uniquely) fights back and I think because of this he kinda treats her more like he treats other guys (ie speaks his mind more).

This is more of a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if Kaburagi's impression of Reika is sort-of similar in the sense that there's a gap between how others see her and what he experiences. He probably sees her as "unfortunate" in all sorts of ways. I dunno if he wonders why she tends to avoid him or be angry at him but he might well wonder why she acts differently around him.

So basically, his underlying personality is actually quite rough and "unfortunate" but in day to day situations he doesn't let that side out so much. I don't think he's actively being mean to Reika but more like simply showing more of his natural self around her.

Elliana, Nobody and kcinara like this.
  15. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might've been a little late for this thread but I really really liked this novel so.

When I encountered this, I was hooked and binge read it for two days, only to accidentally find out that this book was on hiatus. I NEVER EVER read books on hiatus no matter how good it is!!! But it must have slipped out of my sight since I first saw it has such good reviews and translated chapters. And the reviews didn't disappoint but the HIATUS did!! It really breaks my heart. Most especially since there are those fans who waited for a year and a half for this novel to continue. :blob_teary:

I also wanted to let it out how the author's thought of the male lead is all over the place. In my theory, it pretty much shows there that the supposedly male lead is Kaburagi and not Enjou, judging by his scenes on first chapters when they were a kid, her affinity with his parents and how much the people around her encourage her with him, compared to her interactions with Enjou and his supposed background, which is lacking. The author wanted her and Kaburagi in the first place but wanted to make the romance slow and also wanted a scene with her and Enjou for a love triangle, I guess, but people ended up liking Enjou better than Kaburagi. I mean, who couldn't since Kaburagi's acting like an airhead and less like a male lead compared to Enjou who has the supporting male chara vibe.

Since this actually a slice of life kind of novel, the the author can actually make up stories along the way and doesn't have a concrete idea in her mind (most especially the male lead*ehem*), but even if she did, it might've been faltering. The author haven't given us the clue on who is the right male lead. Right when we see an Enjou route now, for less of the Kaburagi feels and since Kaburagi's liking Wakaba (which is a little tricky since Reika should have a big role in it for Kaburagi to like Wakaba, the synopsis pointed also. Another supposed male lead alert!), another bomb was thrown! There is the Kaburagi's "Wakaba operation" with Reika, which is understandable but 'almost like a date eating commoner foods with Reika and Kaburagi'! That's another supposed male lead alert!

I can't anymore. The author keeps on playing with my heart. So I went to the forum to know who (I stopped at ch189 and read the others by spoiler. Teehee:blobtongue:). Also, the reason why knew this was on hiatus is by reading the spoiler and finding out who the heck Reika will end up with. Only to find out, it being on hiatus and judging by the reviews, isn't still set in stones. I can't anymore, really. I salute those dedicated fans who waited this long because I'm one of you now. :blobpensive:

There goes my rants. I'm okay now. Eheheh:blobsweat:
    Please share me your thoughts if you have any. To have more opinions because i might be the only one with these thoughts. I someone will read this. ahahahah:blobrofl:

16. happypanda

happypanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... let's hope the author didn't travel to another world due to overworking.

Ali06P and JOY like this.
  17. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that Kaburagi was ever supposed to be Reika's love interest, although it wasn't impossible for things to develop that way.

If Kabugari was supposed to be Reika's love interest he would have made more effort go get involved with her. Normally when the heroine avoids the main love interest he is supposed to chase her but he never seemed that interested.

Plus, the original story wasn't an otome game with multiple love interests and some fantastical setting. It was a shoujo school romance between Kaburagi and Wakaba. You take away Kaburagi from Wakaba and then Wakaba has no role in the story.

Even actual otome reincarnation stories struggle with the role of the original heroine. Normally they get relegated to the role of a villain or side character. By leaving Kaburagi with her, it means that she still has a major part in the story, separate yet still connected to Reika.

estelion and Nobody like this.
  18. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    So who's the ML in the end? According to spoilers?

19. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we go back to chapter 1, it could be said that there's no need for Reika-sama to end up with someone by the end of the series. Ie her "winning conditions" are not "find a boyfriend" but rather "get to the end of high school without my family falling to ruin". If we see things from that point of view then the early Kaburagi is more like the "main antagonist" rather than "main love interest".

On the other hand, Reika-sama has prepared well and has been able to pretty much eliminate the risk of her family falling to ruin and also has a viable backup plan. So surely the story can move onto romance...? Except that's never really been the focus of the story either, which has been quite consistently "slice of life".

That being said, if/when the story gets to the end game, I'm sure Reika-sama's love life will get some focus. If the author wants to go for a dramatic and high tension end then something like the parents setting up an engagement between Reika-sama and Kaburagi would probably be the easiest way, particularly as it would help the story go full circle and bring back Reika-sama's fears for her family. But maybe the story will stay fairly low tension and we'll get something completely different to that.

PS with regards to "spoilers" and what happens by the end of the latest raws:
    Largely it's "more of the same". There's no fundamental shifts. Only a few months have passed in-world (it's late July or early August IIRC). Reika-sama has had interesting developments with all the possible love interests but she's still the chief of the Forever Alone Village

Nobody likes this.
  20. Nobody

Nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now, there isn't yet. From what I've read that was posted a few months ago, they're still arguing who is the male lead based from the latest chapter. No clear winner.