LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Shoshorang

Shoshorang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate myself for finding this novel, it's so good but it's on hiatus TToTT and very possible that it's been dropped

The author really setting up many flags for the upcoming summer vacation: the fireworks event, summer pivoine party and that they said Kaburagi might come to Zuiran's summer supplemental classes. I want more scenes with Fellow Stalking Horse, he teases Reika in a different way than Enjou.

This is like ASOIAF all over again but we don't know jack about the author at all

estelion likes this.
  2. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    ASOIAF ?
    Sorry you went to far on the acronym and lost me there... :blobdizzy:

Ran ahzu likes this.
  3. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it's the infamous "A Song of Ice and Fire" novel, the one Game of Thrones TV series based on

4. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Well comparing Reika-sama, the merry junk foodie's adventures to GRR "I've killed so many named characters that I don't have enough of them anymore, let's bring some of them back from the dead (comic' style), to kill them again of course ..." Martin's novels is a little too much... :blobsweat_2:

Shoshorang likes this.
  5. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHA more like GRR and Hiyoko no Keeki (Reika's author) are both putting their writing on hiatus for who knows how long. They both do have so many characters in their respective series tho and tend to foreshadows not yet shown side characters too

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really agree with this. I've read ASOIAF all the way back when only the first book was out and I can say that it works quite differently than Kenkyo does. The most salient differences are that GRRM has never stopped writing his book; his problems lying elsewhere, and that while Kenkyo's quality has improved over time, ASOIAF's quality has seen a big drop.

7. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I never intended to compare it that way, it was honestly just a shallow comparison about how both series are on hiatus and making the readers wait for so long what’s coming next because they both set up so many possibilities.

I personally enjoys Reika’s story much more than ASOIAF since I’m a sucker for funny stories and Hiyoko’s really good at writing unique characters and comedic timing, while maintaining flow of story.

I really can’t stop thinking what do they plan to do with the upcoming summer Pivoine’s party

IrregularPerson likes this.
  8. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I recognised the acronym.
    Hiyoko no Keeki is probably also busy blogging, complaining about sports team on their blog, and collaborating with FromSoft to make a video game.

Shoshorang likes this.
  9. Shoshorang

Reading List:
    Link
    They both probably talk about what losers we are, being stringed along by their writings. And just living their best live eating good food and going places.

Oh and thank you so much for all your hard work on the translations! Your detailed explanations and notes on them really helped me understanding the story and humor much better, makes me really appreciate Hiyoko's writing more. I'm okay with you taking the time as our venerable author is taking all the time they want too hahaha

IrregularPerson and estelion like this.
  10. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you guys seen Reika-sama’s Manga version? She looks so cute~ Bakaburagi is dense as usual but he doesn’t seem to be as annoying. Also, it has quite a different story with similar characters, so you can look forward to that~

11. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no manga version. Some fans have done art that shows scenes from the WN or made up scenes. Actually, there's loads of art out there, particularly considering it has no commercial version of any kind.

12. WanderingPuppet

WanderingPuppet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gaawd. I'm so goddamn stupid. I never thought Yukino in that perspective. I always though he is just a angel boy who has simple crush on Reika. I was at loss whenever they talk about Yukino as a cunning character that helps Enjou get closer to Reika. My brain failed me. Maybe I should reread the novel.

IrregularPerson likes this.
  13. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    There is!!! Or at least it is a very similar story except enjou is hongou and has a twin sister, another girl is reincarnated and Reika Sama is poor. But otherwise I see many similarities.
    http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/re...ich_villainess_she_s_actually_just_penniless/

14. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ranji-chan and estelion like this.
  15. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on hiatus? Indefinitely?? I thought updates were just slow... it seems to be like once ever two months a chapter

16. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    The raws are on hiatus, so I've been taking my time translating. Even if I rush it, it's just emptiness waiting at the end.

17. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    OHHH in that case it makes sense lmao that's so unfortunate though :'(
    which chapter is it on hiatus from?

18. estelion

estelion Magna Cumlord

Reading List:
    Link
    299. Not a cliffhanger though, thankfully. I'm looking forward to translating the 250s though.

Ranji-chan and ike_00000 like this.
  19. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    oh phew. then hopefully by the time translations get there the story will start up again? fingers crossed lol
    thanks for your work! the translations are great!

Ran ahzu likes this.
  20. happypanda

happypanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any way to know whether the author is alive or not?

Ranji-chan likes this.