LCD Reincarnated as a Dragon’s Egg ~Lets Aim to Be the Strongest~

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Humin

Humin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Contains spoiler past what's currently translated.
    Volume 7 Cleans
    I might just barely be able to get volume 8 out before next semester starts for me, but don't hold your breath.
    I'm guessing volume 9 is likely to drop mid February, so an updated reference download should come around then as well.

MagneticMagnet and twinklecake like this.
  2. Humin

Humin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Contains spoilers past what's currently translated.
    Volume 8 Cleans
    Didn't get done before next semester started but luckily first day had no homework

MagneticMagnet likes this.
  3. Humin

Humin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New reference images/other download. Contains spoilers far past what's translated.
    Reference Images

4. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, so I started reading the manga and thought it was actually pretty good, is the WN just that much worse than the LN the manga is based on? The common complaint I see is the protagonist is frustratingly stupid and weak, but from reading the manga he doesn't seem that bad in fights. It more reminds me of the early stages of Kumo, where you have a monster protagonist always fighting monsters that are an actual threat, except without the guarantee of mid-battle full recoveries from leveling up. He does a lot of running away but I can't really blame him for doing so to give himself time to think of a counterattack. There's no 4D Chess 200 IQ play-type shit but the fights are reasonably concluded.

I don't see a problem with a protagonist being quote unquote "weak" if they still typically win in the end. Tough fights are more interesting to read through than mindless curbstomps. Is it just better in manga form or what? Give me the rundown.

5. Enutas maph

Enutas maph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga and wn are pretty much the same. It is just that, it kinda seems like a shounen when stronger guys are introduced. Also, there is a level of frustration from the slow translations. Because of the similarity between the manga and wn, you can probably just skip the early chapters, though. There are times when he loses, but it isn't too severe, cuz it's basicly a shounen.

6. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the common complaint is the village girl (the one who named him). Well, maybe that's just me.
    Also, 'weak'...? He would be really strong, so weak beginning is a good way to start the story.
    About stupid... I can't make a comment about that, it has been a really long time since I last read this. Also, I thought being stupid is generic among Japanese LN MC, or is it just me who think like that?

I almost would love to read this if not for the village girl, somehow her presence made me really annoyed and keep me from enjoying the story.

7. Akunyoba

Akunyoba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um if i remember right the complain mostly come from how stupid his action can be and it is really slow and dragged in comparison to the manga heck you'll probably get a better time to read the first few chapter of the manga before jumping into the wn. The weak mostly refer to his will (weak-willed) where rather than to challenge even greater height by fighting stronger and stronger enemies to farm experience he just fight as needed (hunting wolf just for food etc) and fight stronger enemies by coincedence like running into their nest or weak monster calling in their boss etc. Compare that to other isekai MC that get stronger rapidly/quickly and are not afraid to fight stronger enemies (especially xianxia) and you get the picture.
    Anyway it's been a long time since i read this and other novel so i might get it wrong but the biggest problem for the wn is the speed the story pace itself ch 8 of the manga is chapter ch 58 - 63 in wn couple that with the supposed slow translation (actually i read it in a binge so i don't know exactly how slow it is) it will feel even slower and dragged as hell

Justcallmejust likes this.
  8. Temperans

Temperans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read the manga or LN so I can't talk about them.

However, I can agree the translation at times is indeed very slow, But, I'm not complaining as the TL is well done in my opinion.

It also doesnt help that the chapters themselves are usually on the short-medium side, so it feels very dragged out.

9. Humin

Humin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Akunyoba and MagneticMagnet like this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Given Giving negative review because a previous translator website is down is just ridiculous

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  11. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one? I went through websites and all were up... Maybe I missed something or you have connectivity problems?

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am referring to a review that I read

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worse then some of the others out there. Way to many immature readers acting as if it is the end of the world if 1 things is not to their liking, regardless of the reason.

Justcallmejust and Wujigege like this.
  14. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so true i don't generally give negative reviews but i will leave harsh comments sometime if i feel the work was poorly done

15. Humin

Humin Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, some of the chapters for Doratama are like. scattered across multiple blogs. I think there's a few aggregators out there that at least makes it possible to read through it, albeit, horrendously.

Also... man this novel is dropped? So our only saving grace is the monthly manga? :(
    Yikes.

17. lordtalon

Reading List:
    Link
    its not droped we are just have a bit of real life stuff happening

18. Thewishmaker

Thewishmaker 『Jirachi』『Nefasdet's Servant』『NUF 1st Duke House』

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter link is sending me to a phishing site. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: ok now i can get to the chapter but for the first like 5-6 tries it just sent me to one of those "congrats on being the 5millionth search. click here to win a prize" pages

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    FranckOA likes this.
  19. lordtalon

Reading List:
    Link
    yea its doing that to alot of people

20. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so the site isn't dead ?
    I though the website was expired and the adress had been taken over by one those scummy companies that put a huge amount of ads on old websites... :blob_ghost:

I didn't read the chapter because of this... Guess I'll wait until it's fixed.