LCD Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Renzy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Archmagination2002

Archmagination2002 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody know whats going on with this series? I think the author has started to release a sequel, something like Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God 2 but I am not sure. The website I read on randomly started updating the series so I checked it out and it has a chapter 1 starting after all the SS that have been released recently.

The chapters start the story when Black Flame somehow get transported back into his old, original timeline when he was a washed up ex-Guild Leader for the Shadow Guild and his old character was deleted. He has a mysterious sword scar in the middle of his chest and he conveniently has a blank void when ever he tries to remember what happened when he left for the new world/dimension.

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its SS from his blog or something. On Qidian he only had RSSG as his novel and it stopped updating months ago.

The author who wanted to end it rushed its ending, but I guess he can't figure out what to write next and is writing SS of the novel.

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    This one has an abrupt ending.

RSSG has after stories???

userunfriendly likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. :rolleyes:

5. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting to get the feeling that author set us up for a fake just to call his novel completed and is now serving the True Ending.

6. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a sad thing he can never acquire Lost Town in this 'old' timeline. It'd be a great training grounds once he finds a permanent way back to the main continent.

In case you didn't remember Lost Town had a quest where it'd only exist for x number of days before disappearing due to monsters. No one was able to clear the dang quest.

7. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can I get a link to where these are? I'm probably dumb but I haven't been able to find them.

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Aggregators. Unfortunately, NUF bots will come down on me. Google-sensei will help you. :D

Look for “box” and “Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God.”

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  9. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok ill see if i can find it

10. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that we have the same acquaintance.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  11. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, it's time to reform the sweet body diagram. If he does make it then it means we might get to see the First Sword again.

No better way to discipline "Young Masters" than a big stick.

12. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the ending? This has been one of my daily reads back then until I dropped it. I just got pissed that he never tried to enjoy his new life. He spent years on this game from his past life and still do the same shit on his new one. It was unneccessary for him to do all those extra effort, he could easily just join the best guild from the get go and free himself from all those stress.

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘Ending got pushed back due to after stories. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bachingchung likes this.
  14. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. Maybe I'd give it a shot sometime.

15. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending was rushed. After author said he was at the half way point, around 2600's, he ended in like 200 or so chapters. He left most plot threads unanswered and made new ones that were unanswered or had bad answers. Fans mutually agreed it was trash.

It's your opinion, but the game despite all the hard work and sacrifices he did for it, it was a fun game. And a game that practically replaces real life. He was having fun in a fantasy world and lived a fulfilling life of wins and losses in his previous life and took pride in helping his old guild reach where it did. He ended up being fired, but it's never mentioned once that he wasted his life or was stressed out or missed out on anything. He was wealthly, lived in a mansion, and had experience with women though he never married. Even after he was fired he still had his home and money, so he could have lived a carefree life and play the game too.

The main character Shi Feng is a man of ambition after his reincarnation. His only regrets are that he couldn't rise to the top of the game and handing over his future to someone else. It's his defining character trait to not bow down. And mc knows his worth based on his future knowledge, so no one has come close to making him an offer he would even entertain. After his experience with Shadow Guild, anything less than 51% of said best guild and guild leader position was never going to fly.

It's why the mc built his own guild that he controls rather than join another guild. And yes he could join a big and powerful guild, but it wouldn't be stress free. ZW was the only guild shown in the novel to not be plagued by various power struggles and outside interference from investors. If mc dared to be anything more than a skilled player he would be fighting his competitors within the guild for resources. Actually, he still would be fighting as the new talent of the guild taking resources, or others would be jealous of his skills and items and plot against him. Now that would be stressful.

Lastly, his struggles lead to many opportunities for himself and his guild. He wouldn't have become the overlord of a unmatched virtual empire or the Strongest Sword God otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Bachingchung and Astaroth like this.
  16. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, he could've easily bested everyone if he showed his potential and skills and get sponsored by a big guild. He wasted so much time training these "future number 1-10 *insert class here*" and building his guild from the ground up. It wasn't even neccessary, since they have the potential and capability even without his help. He just wants the self gratification that these supposed to be big shots from his past life, thought that they become that big because of him. When he, of all people, knew the truth.
    Ugh, IDK maybe I'm just pissed because the author wasted so much time on the monster rush on every Zero Wing property and Training. If you add it all up it's probably around 300 ch worth of content or more, all that wasted opportunity before SARFT happened. I hate to admit it but I did love these chapters, so I guess the status and ridiculous fight scenes' narrative is the real filler for this novel.

Overclock likes this.
  17. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Do remember that he didn't want to be under anyone because of what he went through with Shadow. When you toil 10 years of dedication and then you're suddenly thrown away, you won't like to have dedication for someone again.

You'd instead prefer to dedicate on your self to have more control on things as you'd picture yourself as "the better one" compared to the big shots who "scout people and throw them away once they've outgrown their use".

Is it the best train of thought? Not really.
    Would anyone in that position outright decide for a better train of thought? Not really.

Astaroth and Overclock like this.
  18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc if you remember wasn't actually that strong at the start. He was experienced as a player of 10 years/20 years with the time difference. He had that going for him, but in the world of RSSG mc was a small fry who never made it past tier 3. At best he may have been able to join a weak First Rate guild and be in the top 10, but once players got used to the game he would be pushed down the ranks. It was only after mc struggled and pushed himself to stay at the front of the game and build his guild to the top did he become powerful. The real powerful super guilds had no interest in him. He had no future as a top player otherwise.

And to grow stronger mc made a lot of reckless choices and spent gold like its water. No guild would have given him thousands of gold early game or sacrifice so many top weapons for his sword Abyss Blade to grow. And all kinds of other stuff as well.

And he recruited those future top players not to help them grow to top players, but to grow faster and be his subordinates. And use those subordinates to gain more in the game in guild wars and dungeon runs. For his virtual empire. That's the point. A prime example is Violet Cloud. A future t6 god who reached t6 on her own, but she didn't play as a combatant till after 5 years. Thanks to mc in just 1 year (Best guess) she became a godly talent unmatched by those her age and stands at the summit of the game right below the mc. And many others managed to surpass their pass selves by reaching higher tiers and having better gear. His best friend in the past was likely t3 as well and was never said to have any talent, but now is t4 or higher thanks to mc and ZW.

My complaint is that he didn't exploit his future knowledge to recruit top players enough. He did it less than ten times when there were possibly thousands of potential players to pick from.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Astaroth likes this.
  19. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point. It's just so annoying when these above average players were raised so high by everyone just by being a member of a super guild, and it's just a never ending disdain for them because they're a startup guild. Which doesn't really make sense since these investors supposed to see the potential of Zero Wing, yet the author always make it look like they're still the same 2nd rate guild. Also Shi Feng became more like a slave for the Zero Wing instead of the real laidback CEO of a company. At least if he joined a Super Guild he'd also get some perks like the ability to buy the highest rate nutritional fluids from the beginning.

The thing about his past, is that it was never explored, past the point of "he/she will be the top 1-10 in this class". We didn't even get to see the revenge to the betrayal. It focused way too much on the game, and barely anything towards his real life.

20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc's past? It was pretty simple. He joined shadow, worked hard, became the guild leader and rose the guild to have 10 city states, a step away from first rate guilds. Unfortunately he didn't have any real power in the game as a high tier player or shares of the guild, so he was easy to get rid of by just giving him some money as severance.

Mc was never interested in revenge. Especially when the targets of his revenge don't know what they did in another timeline. Mc was focused more on his own ambitions and self improvement which is healthier. And he was just kicked out of his guild and lost his game character. They didn't kill him, steal his woman, rob him and leave him on the streets poor, or backstab like a close friend would. His revenge if it counts was simply having ZW become the star guild of their city, instead of Shadow resulting in them growing slower than before.

Mc did have to build his organization, rather than inherit it so yeah he had to work hard to be a self made man. Though his role was just guidense and leading them to battle. Mc actively handed off the boring paperwork parts of the job to others to ensure that he could spend time to improve his own strength, so he only did the fun and thrilling parts of running an organization while telling second and third generation rich brats jealous of ZW to screw off or die.

Feel bad for his parents who were forgotten.

A decent amount of the novel was the real world. It was just building up Zw's internal forces and property though. And martial art fights.

Astaroth and Shield Loyalist like this.