Discussion Reincarnation or Transmigration

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by yuzen, Oct 28, 2019.

?

Transmigration or reincarnation??

1. Reincarnation

69.7%
  2. Transmigration

30.3%
  1. yuzen

yuzen ⚝Ńihilisťič⚝

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a hypothetical question,

What if 'A DIVINE BEING' appears in front of you at your death door and gives you a chance to start over your life again in the other world by asking a simple question as -
    • "My child, Do you want to be Reincarnated or Transmigrated ?"
    What would you choose?? Does choosing reincarnation makes you feel safe or by choosing transmigration makes you feel more challenging?? Your opinion on your choice??
    Let's start...

2. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well reincarnation to get a fresh start since i've messed up my body with shitty food and almost no exercise for years which would kind of put a stop to my epic adventure

yuzen likes this.
  3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll say no. :cookie:

If I get reincarnated, I might get killed as a baby or a child without even having the chance to fight back. :notlikeblob:

If I get transmigrated, I'll having difficulty communicating with the natives and it'll be difficult to integrate into the society. :sweating_profusely: Besides, if I arrive in a forest and run into monsters or animals, I'll be dead. :blobwoah:

So, no. :blob_catflip:

Tofu Cat and Madnessmmo like this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration template usually involves taking over the body of a dead host. Who's to say the host body recovers after I take over? Who can guarantee that the condition/circumstances which caused the death of the host won't be repeated once it's discovered that the body has revived? What if the host is an old/disabled person? Both are gambles, but I choose reincarnation.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    yuzen likes this.
  5. yuzen

yuzen ⚝Ńihilisťič⚝

Reading List:
    Link
    Your choice is death, that's unexpected.

6. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the divine being offering an opportunity to start over situation, I would ask for more information. In reality, reincarnating or transmigrating isn't as ideal as it is shown in novels.
    In the 0.001% chance that you're reborn in a futuristic civilisation as the progeniture of a wealthy, loving couple, then it is worth it.
    But otherwise, let's say a reincarnation in a medieval country, then you're in for a load of shit, literally. The hygiene, amenities, living condition is just unappealing. Especially since you have the knowledge of a the modern world, you wouldn't be able to adapt and would spend your time complaining and having regrets.

So, if I get to choose the conditions of the reincarnation, then sure, I would choose reincarnation.
    Otherwise, just give me the eternal rest I deserve.

Note: For guys who have the misfortune of landing in a medieval society, forget the soft, peach skinned beauties depicted in chinese novels, this what you're gonna scre*** atop a pile of hay:
    [​IMG] /SPOILER]

Tofu Cat, otaku31 and yuzen like this.
  7. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would most likely accept the offer, but I would want more info...

8. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation but you know in the normal way without any of my previous lifes memories!

yuzen likes this.
  9. Spnagi

Spnagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnated is probably better than a Transmigrated.

What will do if you are transmigrator but the original owner bullied people like the mc in my novel ?

We would have a bad reputation and people hate you ! But it different for the Reincarnator, because he/she comes to world as baby and have time to study, and have a clean reputation.

yuzen and otaku31 like this.
  10. yuzen

yuzen ⚝Ńihilisťič⚝

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean worldly settings, supernatural stuff like magic and other information

Does your past memories hinder/clog your thoughts of your future or you want to remove the obsession of your past life and start refreshingly..

11. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    More so why would I want to keep my memories?

12. Death__Virus

Death__Virus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick reincarnation... but I'd have a few following requests-
    • The memory kept but unlocked over time. I don't want to have a university-level understanding of Math as a baby... You'd be considered a genius from young... but eventually that university-level won't be enough and you'll be seen as a "fallen genius".. we've all read enough novels to know how they're treated.
    • Some realistic special ability, such as an improved comprehensive ability, such as 'Memorise something by seeing it 10 times'. Not something insanely OP, but something to give it a little boost.
    • A world that isn't too far off from my current. I don't want to have the knowledge of 2019 in a middle ages world since half of what I know would be treated as going against the church. I also don't want to have the same knowledge in a world thousands of years ahead, since my knowledge would then be seen as "What an idiot."

Those would be my only requests for reincarnation.. as for transmigration, I'd never accept that... Too many elements outside my control.

yuzen likes this.
  13. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would want to know what exactly is meant by the words Reincarnation and Transmigration...
    2. I would certainly want to know what would happen if I rejected the offer... (is the alternative, oblivion, hell, heaven, or what ?)
    3. I would want to know if I would retain my memories... (losing my memories would effectively be the same oblivion after all...)
    4. I would want to know if the offer is something normal, given to everyone or if I am singled out for some reason...
    5. And I am sure I would come up with other questions...

2+3. If the alternative is oblivion and I would retain my memories if I accept the offer... I would almost certainly accept...
    2+3. If the alternative is not disclosed or something nasty like hell... I would accept the offer... (would still like info)

But... As far as I can know Transmigration IS Reincarnation o_O

Shouldn't it be Transportation (into another world) or Reincarnation ?

yuzen likes this.
  14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    A divine being appears in front of me every day, and goes "Meow!" (Feed me human slave!)

That said, if I had to choose one it would depend on what the circumstances are.

1) If I go with reincarnation, will I be a noble? Or a commoner?

If noble, reincarnation as you get time to adapt to the world and don't act like an idiot. If commoner, then transmigration cause children have the lowest chance of survival and freedom.

2) Is it a future world or medieval world?

Future world you can get away with being a child even if a commoner, but it'll be hardest to transmigrate cause you have no identity in a world of high record keeping and no knowledge of the high tech. Aka, transmigrating is more than likely going to end badly.

yuzen likes this.
  15. caffeinefocus

caffeinefocus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration, probably, or just get transported to another world in a situation similar to Ryouma's in 'The Man Picked up by the Gods'. With reincarnation and transmigration, I don't think I can handle a new family, with new parents (unless I'm an orphan in that world), and a different set of values that will also be influenced or abide by theirs or by the family/clan/sect. If I'm pretty freakin' OP from the get-go then I'm fine with transmigration.

yuzen likes this.
  16. Tocino

Tocino Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m fine with both. A little bit leaning to reincarnation. Though the two are equally risky to do especially when it all comes to luck how good or bad position would be in this new afterlife.

yuzen likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would choose to reincarnate as the snake of reincarnation in human form. It's not a matter of safety, but desire to start anew with nothing or something. I choose nothing. I will reincarnate into all lives and reach perfection by consuming all lives. I shall become oneness in it's fullness by transforming space-time into an inevitable singularity. I shall be free from suffering as I know all suffering in the end and learn suffering in the beginning. Life and death shall become only cycles of rebirth for me. All joys and laments are mine to experience, even most saintly and abhorrent lives there are on any world. Eternity will become a passing memory to me and immortality will be snake skin. If no deity shall annihilate my complete existences in every potential creation, then I shall live to suffer to know suffering no more. A twisted sense of logic and by my will alone, I shall live and die until the end of all creation when there is nothing left to reincarnate into.

yuzen likes this.
  18. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't care as long as I can be an Tolkien Orc.
    [​IMG]

yuzen likes this.
  19. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation ofc! Who wouldn’t like to go back to that time when your stupidity isn’t judged?

Can I get to redo my life please

yuzen likes this.
  20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If it has magic, then reincarnation. If it doesn't have magic, but is a futuristic society where humans have spaceships and Ai-chan knows everything the body's owner knows, Ai-chan will take transmigration.

If it's neither, well fuck that.

yuzen likes this.