Recommendations Reincarnation VRMMO

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DreadSnoop, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DreadSnoop

DreadSnoop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
  3. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not reincarnation but you might as we
    ll read Peerless White Emperor... Be careful, you might have heart attack while laughing

Tolazytothink likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
  5. DreadSnoop

Reading List:
    Link
    Regression... back a few years in your old self

6. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
  7. DreadSnoop

Reading List:
    Link
    Loner mc is not my thing and when I read in the description "An all-rounder ranger, dark cooking, with a nasty disposition," is like a big turn off

8. DreadSnoop

Reading List:
    Link
    same red flag there kkk The best part for me in those vr novels is that mc create a guild, party with some cool old bad asses too. you know ? and they actually do stuff and are not just tokens...

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    your best shots are Rebirth of the thief and Overgeared imo.

or actually now that I think about it, there's that The World Online, I haven't read it myself, but from what I understand the MC is mostly a commander or general with a lot of powerful guild members that do most of the fighting, though the MC is supposed to be OP as well, he just doesn't do as much fighting (at least from what I've heard)

10. tef0

tef0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn’t a loner and it’s pretty funny you should read it.

11. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO: A game where doesn't fight?? Now that's nuts.

12. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Amber Sword (MC is reincarnated into the VR game, not exactly what you want but it’s good nonetheless)

madness- and Astaroth like this.
  13. deanadiktus

deanadiktus day-night reversal

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not a loner mc novel...surely this novel is a good one

14. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    The great theif

15. SCDarkSoul

SCDarkSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In The World Online players can choose to be Adventure mode players or Lord players. A Lord player is playing more along the lines of Civilization or something than a regular MMORPG. The MC was originally an Adventure mode player in his original life but switches to Lord in his second life because the game is more than what it initially appears to be and being a Lord player can get him more power and influence.

Personally he's still fairly strong, as he has experience from his previous life, and using his knowledge he's able to snag some better cultivation techniques this time around, and with is influence as a Lord he can get better equipment as well. Hoever, as he builds from a Village to a Town to a City to a country, etc. his personal ability becomes less relevant as battlefields grow to encompass more and more people. What's the point of generals and armies if he has to fight himself all the time? Incidentally, I mentioned cultivation, and yeah, there's a bit of it, and it even leaks into real life, but real life doesn't play a very large part, and even then only in the early parts, and the cultivation is not super powerful. Most powerful fighters are probably like Captain America level, not Superman. Human+, maybe a small technique here or there, not hugely superhuman reshaping the landscape.

And most of his army and underlings are NPCs, not human players. The world is styled after historical times and people. Encompasses the whole world, though of course it will start in China with only brief glimpses of the outside. Average NPC is just a random NPC, albeit seemingly fully sapient, important NPCs are historical figures, e.g. he picks up Lu Bu as a general later on. Due to standard betrayal at the end of his first life, he is initially hesitant of working with other people too closely, so while he does have some other players as allies, he doesn't initially have any other players within his own territory or underlings. He loosens that up over time.

Plenty of war in this story. As Lords expand their territory, inevitably they will clash as they run into each others boundaries, or as enmities build up over the years. Again, starts in China, but will branch into other surrounding countries over time.

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link