LCD Reincarnator

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by NeaxD, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure that Hansoo can succeed in his plan. Its far too similar to the plans of the elves and Tekilon's people. Its very possible that the fairy will screw them all over if they all start cooperating and getting stronger together.

2. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the fairy did say cooperation was OK as long as there is still an enemy. And, in this case, it would be the other races.

3. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. The other races had the problem of staying at the tree permanently as their idea. MC seems to just want more humans and whatever else he can get out to fight the other races. It will likely speed up the time until the fighting starts though since it is a too big of an advantage.

Looking forward to what skills or items he gets for killing the calamities, assuming he kills the queen at all. That is an interesting choice, keep them for utility or get great unknown loot.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think taking control of it counts as defeating it so he should get the loot either way. Assuming I'm right about that, he should keep the queen alive. Her troops can protect the new monarch and serve as adversaries for the humans in training alongside the monsters from the plant (which I'm assuming he plans to reactivate).

5. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder when we will get to know it. The chapter list on the site has the title for the next chapter being Orange Zone (I). So guess we will get a few details filled in as part of the next part of the story. One progression chapter to summarise this entire area would probably fit well even in an arc of that kind though.

6. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    The random new skill is better to gamble on than any skill he knowns of. He should already have a plan for all 7 or at least 6 of the skills. So getting one earlier isn't that important while getting something that might be better and thus maybe able to skip steps in the plan. Accelerating things further and ending up on a place he can't currently reach with the plan.

7. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only that, but it's not like he can't do anything with the skill even if it's not suitable for him.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It said he killed all five calamities, but I wonder if that's true? Tekilon killed one of them and it counted that, so maybe he enslaved the queen and that counted too?

If not for author intervention, I'd say that he should pick a skill. He has very few slots after all and the right late-game skill could make his life a lot easier. Especially if it was a ranged ability of some sort or a traveling ability like teleport.

We now know what the rewards were for the first and third gates, I wonder when we'll find out what the reward for the second gate was?

I'm honestly not sure how much he's planned his skills out. He didn't know what his first skill would be after all, he just got lucky that it was so perfect for him.

9. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ever heard of 'plot armor'?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why yes I have, but in reference to which statement?

11. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    he just got lucky that it was so perfect for him.
    to this sentence
    btw join meatbunvasion?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but with only seven skills its pretty much guaranteed that all of them will be the product of plot armor/Deus Ex Machina/author intervention/etc.

Haven't heard of meatbunvasion. I'd need soy sauce and vinegar at a minimum to consider joining though ;)

13. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    today's event, it all peaceful, till @GonZ555 invade, as long you join, you can get it

14. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure he has planned all his skills out, with a "If I happen to find anything better I'll get it". But given that, well, he has planned everything, and purposefully with a "worst case scenario" outlook, it would make no sense for him not to have planned his skills.

Also pretty sure he is planning to at least leave 2/3 of them unused just in case there are broken one much later.

15. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    The skills judged too dangerous in the red zone was what was planned for him as the needed resources for the calamaties. With what he got at the end of the tutorial area he could instead give it to his follower for clearing out obstacles he can't handle due to time or PR reasons.

16. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc, there was only one of those skills that Hansoo considered worthy, but yeah.

17. Fragments of Shadows

Fragments of Shadows [The Broken One] [Chaser of Tales] [Hungry Ghost]

Reading List:
    Link
    What sort of skills does he really need and does he have any open spots is the question... he needs a movement skill (specifically a gap closer like the charge/void ripper skill mentioned in the early chapters), a healing skill (at least something that can heal him or increase his regeneration since his regeneration can't keep up with his dragon form at the moment), a ranged attack (unless his movement skill lets him teleport to hard to reach places or fly but even then a ranged attack would probably be useful), an aoe skill (since crowds are one of the biggest threats to him right now since they bog him down), and a crowd control/tactical skill (one that lets him create an opening in the enemies defense). Counting his reinforcement skill that's six skills so he could probably afford to take a random zero numbering skill... unless I'm missing something.

18. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With his numbers of possible skill I think it's much worse to have a skill for everything instead of a few skills that synergize together, hence why he wanted 2 other skills that buff him but in slightly different ways than his reinforcement.

19. coyotte508

coyotte508 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reward for the 2nd gate was actually mentioned way back (and in chap 95) as getting enough runes to face the third gate, with monsters stopping from coming once all runes are red.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he can control how much mana is spent on his new skill? Or control who it targets? Species wise or any other way.

Ah, I must have missed that. I thought he was getting red runes from the philosopher's stone or something like that.

His skills level up, once he's leveled it up enough, its reasonable to assume that he'll be able to stay transformed permanently. Also, he may be able to improve his regenerative powers with the body mods in the Orange Zone. So there's really no need for a healing skill unless he wants to heal others, but if he does, he's better off giving that to someone else to use. I would agree that he needs a ranged attack and a movement skill, but I think he's got aoe covered now. Though if he can't target it, then it may be too dangerous to use when around allies.

Last edited: May 1, 2016