Resolved Rejecting a friend without ruining the friendship

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IamJustthisweirdreader, Jul 5, 2022.

1. IamJustthisweirdreader

IamJustthisweirdreader [hope you drop your phone in the toilet]

Reading List:
    Link
    His is not... otherwise i wouldn't have had the guts to post this ...
    I met the 'online' friend on discord

2. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not try temporarily date him, at least once? See if things work out, If you still think of him as a brother throughout the whole time dating with him. You can outright refuse on being on a relationship with him.

Personally, it would be best to test the waters. It doesn’t matter if you think it will ruin your previous relationship. It WILL bring changes in the relationship. It doesn’t take a day to restore your past friendship with that classmate of yours, it needs time.

You already have choices in front of you, either ignore it, save it, continue it, or refuse it. You just have to confront the guy who had a crush on you.

People who have crushes would rather let their crush reject them than choosing feign ignorance. Anyway, this is just my opinion.

3. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just reject him straight not honest just straight tell him that you're busy in life and want to focus on yourself

4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple, just say you're not interested in dating before you graduate. He can't possibly blame you for planning for your future, especially if he thinks the future includes him too. By the time a few more years pass, he'll probably find someone else to bug.

5. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok...

6. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn: so fun

Deleted member 445404 likes this.
  7. historicalbean

historicalbean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys purely meet online without both of you guys knowing each other’s handles beforehand? You’ve never posted your handle anywhere he could have saw it on? That’s too big of a coincidence for me to believe y’all just happened to be classmates lol.

Figure out how he handles rejection, idc how cool you guys’ relationship is now but when ppl don’t get what they want things can get ugly. I don’t recommend playing dense because in someone else’s mind that could be seen as compliance. Who knows, in his mind you’re warming up to the idea because you never say no or that you don’t like it.

You have to set clear boundaries and if they can’t adhere to them, you gotta let them go. Even if you enjoyed the friendship.

Resplendor likes this.
  8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah.
    OP already mention that there's no future for the two of them.

From experience, it's better to just reject right away when the friend express his intention in banter. Return the banter with no way or something.

Testing the water and trying to enter a relationship will only complicate and increase the hate when they break up later. People tend to be more hostile at break up compared to being rejected. It's better to not give reasons when rejecting too. A firm rejection is important.

If the guy could get a hint, move on, and stay as friend it'll be great.

If the guy can't get a hint, do you really want to stay in that status quo? It'll just take a toll on your mind and repel potential love interest.

Deleted member 445404 likes this.