Resolved Related series

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by luoxinle, Apr 11, 2022.

?

Should novels with the same author be listed under related novels?

1. No, keep it as it is

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yes, add a "same author" tag to the related novels categories

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other/no opinion

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw someone listed novels by the same author under "related series" tagged as "shared universe". These novels are not at all the same universe (one is xianxia, another is modern day entertainment circle). Obviously this is incorrect, but it got me thinking. Do we want to list novels by the same author under related series?

The advantage is that it makes it easy to see at a glance other novels by the same author.

The disadvantages are more numerous, but don't necessarily outweigh the advantage: for prolific authors, the list could be excessively long and make it difficult to find actually related novels in the list; and you can already find novels by the same author by clicking on the author link.

That said, most authors aren't that prolific, and if we add a "same author" tag, it should be easy to distinguish between those novels and other related novels in the list.

What do other people think?

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    As you said it's kinda uneccssary because you can already find all series by the author by just clicking their name. Additionally it could lead to readers being confused about actually related novels ( same universe, sequel etc) since they're grouped up with other novels by the the author and may end up missing them.

luoxinle, aShinyVaporeon and runsing like this.
  3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the answer is no

luoxinle, AliceShiki and runsing like this.
  4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've made a post regarding this sometime 3 years ago. I'll just quote it here.
    It's just a few nudge of a mouse on desktop or a few scroll and tap on mobile and they'll see the author's name highlighted in a different font color, underlined, very clickable.

luoxinle likes this.