Resolved Release frequency bug?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by xTachibana, Sep 20, 2018.

1. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
  2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    no it is not.

iinm, it was 15 releases. also, the frequency is not updated in real-time, iirc. it was daily, so 'today's release are not counted into the freqyuency, yet.

it's been a while, so i might be remembering some info incorrectly, or tony might've made some changes since then.

edit : found the. post
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/574208/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  3. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok, that makes sense.....15 chapters sounds like a little too small of a sample size but I guess that's just my opinion :3

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That post was made in 2016. The daily releases listed on NU by 2018 has increased by 3 times the daily releases of 2016. 15 chapters sample might not be much if you looked at the Chinese novel releases these days, but compare them to some other solo TLers, 15 is not a small sample.

Blitz likes this.
  5. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    True that, would the calculation be less accurate if you changed the number to say, 45 chapters though? Even if you are a solo translator, the number shouldn't really change assuming you have even a remotely consistent schedule (say, 4 chapter a month)

6. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link

while tony did made it so that long-inactive novels get their release frequency frozen, i'm not sure if it gets reset when new releases are added.

assuming it did not, then 45 would too many. a solo translator that just picked up a long-dropped novel (say 2016), would be struggling to pull himself away from those old chapters, even if he were to spit out 1 release/day, it'd still take him 45 days, just to get the numbers (release frequency) down.

AliceShiki and Blitz like this.