Request Release that Witch Dream World

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by CaptainToast, Oct 19, 2018.

1. CaptainToast

CaptainToast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got back into reading this after stockpiling for months, but I hit this snag.

I find the dream world to be complete and utter bullshit. It seems to come out of nowhere, and I can’t stand to read it. I just skip through any halter involving it at this point.

So the request is this, anyone know how long this stupidity lasts for?

Is there a purpose to it?

Can I keep skipping it?

Should I just drop it?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Dream world is important to understand the human vs demons

prongsjiisan likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The main benefit for the Dream World is for the ancient witches. In giving them a second chance at living.

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The dream world is quite important, it may not seem at first but the dream world is actually the entire purpose of the war.

For now the dream world is simply his memories, but with time he will notice that a textbook he has never read appears not to mention a person who was alive over 1000 years ago appears as well. From then on the dream world will become its own side story as he tries to discover the meaning of the battle of divine will.

There is also going to be a war inside the dream world as well as he fights for control. And it goes beyond just the demons.

5. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can't skip important later on.

6. ilampan

ilampan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a purpose to it.
    You can't skip it as you would get lost in the story.
    If you want to drop a series you're free to do so.

7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its intertwined ...

I think the dreamworld is the battle of the souls while everything else is still going on.

Just think about it ..., what made you interested in this series anyway? I know its a bit convoluted right now, but its not that bad...

8. CaptainToast

CaptainToast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The kingdom building and bringing tech back to the medieval ages... something that’s been rather lacking lately.

The dreamworld reads like a bad Korean hunter novel.

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    The dreamworld is the solution the author came with to try to patch some flaws in his writing:

- Explain how Roland is able to remember such detailed information in fields out of his expertize, Kinda late at this point though.
    - Fix the lack of xianxia elements, probably biggest flaw from his standpoint. Ready for the OP arrogant and crud but somehow kind and charming xianxia protagonist Roland?
    - Make a group of hardcore ancient witches bent their head to a commoner. This one did really leave scratches everywhere. Poor good old Yorko got his hopes up and then was unbrutally dismissed. Hang in there Yorko! even if the author used and throw you away we still care for you.
    - Add a zero loli.

That being said, the dream world is supposed to be important in the big scheme of things but for some readers it may feel like a forced twist. Specially for that part of readers that liked RtW for the building aspects of the story and its complete lack of xianxia elements.

10. Deleted member 94971

Deleted member 94971 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Dreamworld relates to main plotline its a place where powerful beings from all other civilizations makes use of it and its kinda connection between gods and mortals so no roland is not the sole ruler of that place i think but still that not cleared up

11. NAJ P. Jackson

NAJ P. Jackson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually one of the requirements to winning the Battle of Divine Will. Each civilization needs a leader that can access the world of consciousness and carve a place for themselves on it. The Demons have their own subconscious space, although due to the tremendous uptake of magical energy the King of the Demons only manage to create a small space with a table where the Demon Generals can meet and plan for the war. Roland's Dream World is far more advance with it having it's own Autonomous setting.

In fact one Demon General manage to infiltrate Roland's Dream World and expressed her shock on how the humans surpassed their space. She also got stuck in that world and can't get back to the real world lol

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Autumn Leaves likes this.
  12. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I’m kinda late to this thread but since I’m in the chapter where the Dream World is introduced and been presented in the novel, I want to ask ( this maybe considered as spoiler thread thingy) How did Roland ended up living now in the Dream Wold? I read in the wiki that he cannot go to his first and second life but Anna and other witches (correct me if I’m wrong) can go to his world? Can someone explain this?