Spoiler Release that Witch promise

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tali, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers ahead!

Anna and Nightingale made a promise to each other about Roland. When Anna and Roland get married, Anna says that she fulfilled the promise but what was the promise? Did I miss it or it hasn't been told yet.

Thanks

2. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume it was for Nightingale to not have a relationship with Roland.

3. Petrox

Petrox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was when Anna gets married, nightingale can start a relationship Roland. But it seems author's wife didn't like the idea made that promise go puff, didn't happen

bleh360 likes this.
  4. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    the author's wife stopped the harem ending!?

5. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone keeps saying but the novel is not finished and their relationship still looks to be heading toward lovers to me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little question here: did Anna's character ever get more interesting?

I mean Roland was seriously into her from chapter 1, but then Veronica was just such a more interesting character that many were hoping Roland would either dump Anna and/or start a harem just to have the more interesting character (who is also very into him) get what she wants.

So does Anna get more development because she's been kinda a boring love interest up until the part I stopped reading (after the church was destroyed).

7. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you think is interesting. Annas character does get more depth but she gets less time in the story because she is busy doing stuff. She does show up in the story but not as much as Nightingale. I don't think Anna is boring but I do prefer Nightingale.

8. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    So she's the real witch of this novel?

9. Kenja

Kenja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anna is very stoic, manly even, but Nightengale is very playful. So I think it must be Looks, Anna must be simply more beautiful considering that Roland is a regular shallow guy which will fall for her looks. xD

10. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After being broken mentally, Roland was the one who saved and restored Anna, and so she locked on him, and grew up to stand on her own (as Roland wanted) and now stands beside him and helps him. She'd make a good queen - loyal yet independent.
    Nightingale, on the other hand, is the needy kitty that always hangs around it's owner to get petting and snackies.

I think which one you find more to your liking says a lot about your character. ; D

Salokin, The loner and Tali like this.
  11. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anna is more ladylike, loyal, and faithful.. Someone you can believe to not have any eyes into another man.. while I also think Nightingale is more interesting, sexy, and daring.. I believe both of them have their unique personality, an antonishing fiqure and quite a beauty on top of that..

Jarrow likes this.
  12. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I do agree with your opinions, I think Anna gets little amount of attention. She is the queen but you don't always see her a lot. She is away a lot while Nightingale stays with the MC. I started to like Nightingale more because of that. I don't hate Anna and still like her but I think she should be around more. Now that they married, I think Roland and Anna should spend more them with themselves.
    I am not disappointed in the marriage between Roland and Anna but if it causes Nightingale to back off and become more of a supportive role I will be quite sad.

13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    the author himself has admitted multiple times that his wife is very unhappy about the harem nature of his work.

astony0123 and bleh360 like this.
  14. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's a literally work, why does he have to be swayed by what his wife likes or not? Not because a fan hates something from the story the author has to change it right?

15. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz he lives with his wife... Honestly, people forget how important the people in the lives of the author are when someone writes...

bleh360 likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    My response to these thoughts:
    [​IMG]

That is true but if Author-san literally shelves the harem and harem ending simply because of that then perhaps they should really reconsider a few things about their writing, topics and what's important.

AKIKAN and The loner like this.
  17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea i am glad i dropped this
    i mean i really like this work but it is so clear that harem is the way of life in the entire universe of RTW.

yet someone from 2018 EARTH is allowed to tell roland NO. not to mention that he had a hard time accepting nightingale too and then poof.

also if the author wanted it to go poof, he should have stopped the romance earlier instead it is still dragging on.

MohuyaGupta and Sabruness like this.
  18. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like it's not gonna be a harem. It's still a harem, it just won't be polygamy. So Roland never actually touches anyone but anna, but of course there are still feelings all over the place. Which is what harem is with very little actual development, I'm surprised that Anna was even married, I thought that train would drag on forever as well.

Honestly I will be glad if things just stayed the way they were with no one making any strides towards anyone else, but Roland broke that when he kissed her and so I guess everyone else just expects him to do it with every girl he likes. I would prefer if polygamy didn't happen because Roland is from modern times and polygamy is generally frowned upon along with religious sacrifices, self harm, and many others things that used to be practiced in older times without indoor plumbing. If Roland introduces more modern things (like he has been) the concept of polygamy will also die as it will be unnecessary as the life expectancy increases, the need to spread your seed far and wide decreases.

Polygamy really makes no sense for where Roland is trying to move the world to, other than his own greed which I don't see Roland being that greedy to be honest. Just keep them witches floating around fawning, but never touching, I'm totally fine with that. Maybe Anna will die and Nightingale will get her chance.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  19. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the kind of skewed thinking that haunts every harem novel. If you want to have a harem have a harem, don't just dangle your fruit in front of them and take it away. Nightingale is more suited to Roland I think, maybe not as queen but definitely as a wife. I had to drop this because of the way author handled their relationship escpecially Roland's indecisiveness.

Sabruness likes this.
  20. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    There are few times where divorce is the best solution and this is one of it.

Cognoscere likes this.