LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one?
    Submarine aircraft carrier.
    V2
    Panzer
    Jet
    ???

2. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roland having a decent theory on why the God's Stones block magic could also be a first (significant) step towards being able to ignore their powers (like that one witch with the Church can accomplish).

If his theory is true, I'm sure that he, Anna, and Agatha at the least could come up with several ideas regarding how to manipulate that energy or somehow bypass it given time.

3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The theory could be true despite Agatha's protest. If you thing about magic power same as electricity. And the stones as things that produce a electromagnetic field similar to an EMP. The reason why a witch can't use her power despite being stronger is they can't start up their generator due to the huge magnetic field. An extraordinary channels magic power differently, hence it has no impact.

The sigil acts as a conduit for the witch so they don't need to use the generator, but you still need to output an electric magnetic field stronger than the god stones.

As for how to explain witch/demon blood losing potency, simple. Magic has different states, we saw this with summoner type abilities.

The other possibility is that stones have no magic power but are simply a magic equivelant of a magnet.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. IdealistTCO

IdealistTCO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh! It's about to go down! I hope lightning is going to be ok!

5. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    All of them :3

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  6. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy! such a long time from last time that they have a real figth with the demons.
    Though it was half evident that this will not be as easy as they were thinking, I dont expect to see a senior demon. Now the only option left is to wait figth filled with hope while the hype pierce the skyes:blobReach::cookie::blobpopcorn:

7. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanted to see soldier san in action though~ Will they piss themselves or not is yet to be seen~ Hohohohohoho!~

8. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:
    :blobhero::blobhero::blobninja::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobninja::blobhero::blobninja::blobhero:
    :sushi_dead::sushi_dead::sushi_dead::sushi_dead:
    Man that was a good figth!!
    I to think that damned demon will be able to survive the god sigil and even damage Nigthingale...:blobpoliceangry:
    Well anyway it is in deep shit now that Maggie to save the day *cough* again *COUGH*, and probably come with Agatha too, so they may even take it back in an ice coffing now that Iffy is unable to use her magic, but the most important part is that they definitely need to take that sword back and study the remains of the armor

9. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the next improvement is armor piercing rounds or maybe H.E.A.T. rounds.
    Also maybe something that holds more rounds like something that has a magazine or a drum.

10. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont that depend of what kind of barrier have the armor? for example if the barrier is a active type of magic, then I think that working in the sniping rifle will be better.
    As for the H.E.A.T. I think that mines will be better. I know that this already was a heated theme of discusion, but the manufacture problems aside, I think that the mine is the best, if not only, method to figth against the worms that I personaly think are the worst kind of compatibility with NWC as actualy the only one capable of figthing it back before it come out if earth is Agatha, and that given that she know that the worm is coming. The mines will work as the perfect counter to it, and even if it dont kill the worm, at least will give the warning about it.

11. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with mines is the fact that you need to know roughly were the enemy will be. We know nothing about the worms. Are they restricted on where they can go (soil, granite, or tree roots)? What are there goals? Mines work best on a path, road or river.
    We know Nightingale damaged the demons armor. Hopefully turning the rounds into armor piercing will do the job.

12. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care for this witch vs demon fight which went for too long either....sigh this novel could be so much better...

13. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if these Super Magic demons are more common 400 years later.

Also I wonder if both the eye demon and the fearful demons powers work when one uses a digital or analog camera.

As for next: Exploding shotgun shells

They may also want to see if they can cut the god stones of retaliations into bullets.

14. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Good idea! God Stone rounds could do the trick.

15. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    The demons magic seem more like the product of their tecnology rather than the pesonaly cultivated power that have witches, so it will not be rare that they have spread it after some time, even more if they have made more advanced versions.
    My guess is that these diferent powers could be made as some kind if implant distributed based in their achiments in whatever the demons are doing, that will explain why the same demon appear with new powers after wining various times against the witches. Well, it could also be that they have a way to steal the magic power of witches, though they will need to be rearing humans in some unknow corner to keep doing that. Ughhhh that will be scaryyyyy~

16. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have no idea if those stones would even work. These demons seem to use magic-disabling powers, so they might be immune to the stones.

Some grenades would no doubt fix the issue. HEAT would be hard to aim vs demons that can move so fast, so armor-piercing rounds is the next step. Grenades + Shotguns to overload magical shields, then special rounds to get through the armor. Roland even has a partial sample of the armor to test new types of ammunition.

justmehere likes this.
  17. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't rearing witches be kind of hard considering the red mist is poisonous to them? They seem to be using demon beasts for most of their stuff.

Based on what agatha said they are not immune, they can break through the god stones of retaliation to some extent, but it's not immunity. Hence why god sigil was not able to kill them but at same time was still able to harm them greatly. But if you load bullets with the god stone, they are dead because the god stone will interfere with the magic barrier and the bullet itself will kill them.

18. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The bullets still need to go through the armor. The barrier was a separate thing, no?

19. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    The magic barrier was what was causing them trouble, the armor itself is not strong enough to block the bullets.

20. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if they are using stone of retaliation, any magic blocking it would be useless no?

I figure it should be a sniping rifle with armor piercing bullet laced with stone of retaliation..... Would be able to one hit these guys and no worries witches abilities being cancelled...