LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never asumed that you were talking about CN wb novels, I was just using them as a example.
    Though I you come here talking about real printed novels, I have to say that this have even less sense, bucause they dont have the same format they will also be made in diferent ways and have diferent ways to read them. you could not expect for a web novel published in short chapters periodicaly to be the same as a book that can take years to pulish and come out all together, likewise the palce where is made also influence the novel simply because every place have it ouw culture.
    As for the romance, I still think that is a baised opinion buecause I dont find anything bad about his relation with Anna, and even consider that there are a lot of places that could have been romance in any other novel (like the part of the bras) and that the author only use to joke around (I think he is doing that) and though they could be kind of ambiguous, I like think that is a good way to give it a characteristic touch that will be dificult to find in any other place

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  2. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you're stuck on printed novels when I gave an example of a better web novel and said even fanfics do it better. This whole arguements stems from you and the other dude ofc misunderstanding me when I all I said was : I like this novel despite it's many flaws.
    Quote from a dude who is much better spoken than me and hence wrote a better review
    "Only in foreign webnovels do protagonists get a pass for being overpowered, which is called bad writing anywhere else. Even Superman has his Kryponite," refering to Roland being Gary Stu and all other asian web MC's
    Full review, while long it's interesting and enlightening when you see how many things you've been ignoring and letting pass just because there are not many better novels of the same genre https://www.novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/#comment-29969

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    You still dont get what I say.
    I say that diferent formats have diferent flavors, I only take books as example because they were already mentioned, but still the same apply for movies, comics, manga, LN, end even folklore if you like, likewise japanese, USA, korean, european end everyone else also have their own flawors. If CN have nonsenses and keep things simple to the point that is annoying to anyone outside china, thats because that chinense people like nonsense and keep thing simple, who I am to say that they are wrong? Its true that I think that details, strugle and other things will make a story better, and most people may think the same, but then again a great part of the oriental culture just think difernet and that just mean that.
    Thats not something to call a flaw, what I would call a flaw is when the author have a suden change of mood and also change all the flow of the story, when the author made up a world and then change it everytime that the readers mood change, and when the author made up details that afterward will forget and made up other completly diferents over and over that contradict themselves, that is what I would call a writing flaw, the rest are only diferences in taste that have little meaning to argue if not betwen people that have the same tastes.
    I have also read lots of novels and books and am here even so because nonsenses, details and everything else aside, I still like the oriental style of literature, if not there will be no meaning to it and will read instead one of the numerous books that are still waiting for me at the reach of my hand would not I?

VinnyOni1 and ZhaWarudo like this.
  4. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i disagree with the review but don't see any point in refuting there.

don't want to discuss about kryponite because we all know roland is bulletproof, flies faster than the speed of sound, has heat vision (to make steam engines) -- with his only "weakness" is his reluctance to start the harem route.

i want to address the knowledge part by quoting a book
    https://www.amazon.com/Feynmans-Tips-Physics-Reflections-Problem-Solving/dp/0465027970
    Now, suppose that something happened to your mind, that somehow all the material in some region was erased, and there was a little spot of missing goo in there. The relations of nature are so nice that it is possible, by logic, to “triangulate” from what is known to what’s in the hole.

And you can re-create the things that you’ve forgotten perpetually – if you don’t forget too much, and if you know enough. In other words, there comes a time – which you haven’t quite got to, yet – where you’ll know so many things that as you forget them, you can reconstruct them from the pieces that you can still remember. It is therefore of first-rate importance that you know how to “triangulate” – that is, to know how to figure something out from what you already know.
    in short: don't memorize, but internalize instead. it's the opposite of rote learning.
    understand the essence and you can reconstruct what you've forgotten.

as a mechanical engineering, knowledge of fundamental chemistry would be required; e.g.: material selection, anodizing.
    the back-n-forth formula in the 1st letter is part of anodizing knowledge.
    anyway, iirc the periodic table he gave to the head chemist has most of them blank.

biology? really? afaik he just give basic sanitary guideline
    the whole monsanto boom was all leaf

ship building? he designed a floating bath tub. it was anna that refined the design
    how could anna do it? the ability to reason that computer can't do (yet?)

just because one thing is beyond you, don't make it impossible.
    just like you (and others here) i also read tales of the reincarnated lord.
    i enjoy it but in the aspect of kingdom building and immersion, this novel wins by a mile.

do i consider this a flawless gem? definitely not.
    romance is not a selling point of this novel.
    also baffled with the lack of characterization for the 3 pillars (nana, anna & leaf)
    but in general i place this above g.r.r.martin's game of throne --> it insults my intelligence

5. ayado569

ayado569 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, feels like that hell's gate is something like the portal in warcraft the movie, and orcs as devils. Except they need red mist....

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  6. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    If you take them to warcraft, the devils are a lot more like the burning legion.
    The church will go fine with the scourge, then the demonic beast go along with the horde? Maybe the other way around will be better, but soon the Pope will find herself the same fate as the Lich King

7. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter was so bad, I feel like Edith's father isn't a person.

8. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MWAHAHAHA. you guys are in for a real treat soon :D

9. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes not a person just an extra you know? like friend A and B~

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a bit busy lately but just wanted to mention some passing thoughts.

Prior to the church, the religion was the 3 gods. They don't cover much about that, but 3 gods = three paintings, though now there is 4 "gods".

I also wonder if each god represents a faction in the divine war...

Well anyways just wanted to leave these passive thoughts...

dave186 likes this.
  11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The other possibility if it's not another race is that there is a witch controlling them. We know what happened to the witches that set up the church but there should be the witches that led the kingdoms into existence. Unless they got wiped out, there could be another faction behind the scenes.

The reason I base this is the actions of the worms seem a little odd. Why would they go after Agatha's tower after all this time? They also went after the demons soon after the supermagic demons were defeated.

Then there is the "Holy mountain" which was mention which can't be out of nowhere (my guess the largest mountain where the worms are)

If worm attacks were common, they should have seen multipath tunnels digging everywhere, but they only saw one tunnel in both cases. And through the holes of those tunnels nightgale felts like they were being watched (Same as on the mountain). Only way nghtgale would feel that is through magic.

(again just an alternative scenario if there is no other races)

dave186 likes this.
  12. wisemrsilent

wisemrsilent Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me in which chapter ends the fight against the church, so that I can accumulate the chapters.

13. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it'll end around the end of the year assuming youre not a patreon

14. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    can you give the (exact or rough estimates) chapters that narrate/describe these?
    tia

though there are church, holy cities, devils. i don't recall reading anything about god / worship / any dogma related to the religion.
    people reverence seem to directed to the church institution instead of to a/any god(s)

---
    edited to answer unrelated question
    #628, but the aftermath goes to #639.

15. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want a similar novel with ridiculous detail about technology and a huge cast, then try David Weber's "Safehold" series. The lopsided battles and theological struggles in RtW reminds me of that printed series... not to mention that it also has a quirk with character names.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  16. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    I ship Roland and Edith.

17. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    the tree gods faith come out in multiple parts though its never expalined in details and its only named to make know that it do exists, all what is know about it is that is focused in nature and that is followed by the people of the desert and the Fjords

18. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    thx for the enlightenment.
    somehow i associate the ironsand's 3 gods to 3 sacred(bird, sea and land) beasts.
    but it has nothing to do with the "mainland" church?

what about the three paintings and 4 gods?

19. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys please please please vote for me your favorite translator. gimme a nice thumbs up to help me get a trip to china and finally talk in person to the QI folks :)

upvote this post

20. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Canons are best placed on the front line. Otherwise your likely to blow away your own men. If your were going to use canons you would have to build some sort of elevated platform. But the way I was reading it Roland’s forces were on the bottom of a hill? Which would make using canons harder. Normally you have a canon on a slight incline/ ramp because every time you fire the canon there is a huge recoil. Otherwise you’ll have to man handle a few tons of metal back into place to fire again.
    I said it before, I’ll say it again. I wish Roland had built some mortars.