LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. aurariom

aurariom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn´t mentioned very good why he didn´t inherit her lifespan. The only thing is that is keeps decreasing in a visually fast pace. Personally i think, due to him not being a witch it doesn´t work. The reason why he will die so soon , i would like to know aswell!/SPOILER]

2. pcshano

pcshano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well this is not a spoiler but we all know that the author would go and just kill off their main character...

3. aurariom

aurariom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was GoT, he would have been either dead since chapter 500 or totally mentally unstabl eund casually dropping nukes on innocent people...

I am still waiting for the moment when the Author just says: f*ck it i have no clue what to write anymore and just summons some random modern earth russian army who will just keeping the skysea realmy and the Demons with some 50megaton Tsarbombas

4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will be some trick to do with the colors of that ability. For example, different color does not mean years, but multiple of 10 years. It can also mean that the war won't go well. In any case, this is not really explained well and we don't know much about the ability that shows lifespan. With the way the novel was up until this point, I doubt he will actually die. But the author seems to not know what to do anymore.

5. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not sure if roland absorbs the lifespan, considering how it works differently with roland.
    zero gained immediate access to garcia's memory after winning the battle. she also mentioned that she absorbed martial arts from "willing prey".
    if roland didn't inherit/absorb the knowledges, how can we be sure that he absorbed the lifespan?

as mentioned in that chapter (1349) nightingale's deduction was time doesn't progress linearly in the dreamworld; the countdown run faster there.
    perhaps he is even paying for the gpw/witch time in the dream world?

my understanding about momo's ability in chapter 1275:
    the color represents the cause of death; though exact mapping is still unknown. not sure why qidian's translation removed that part, but mtl states that brown represents disease because the number increased (from 5 to 7) after drinking cleansing water.
    the color turns lighter as the number increases
    the number represents remaining years of lifespan expectancy, and it's not a fixed number as shown with the case above.

why would roland has many numbers of different colors? occupational hazard?
    a pleb who lives deep in the mountain has minimal chance to die due to tsunami.
    on the other hand roland is exposed to too many things. he might die due to poisoning, radiation poisoning, disease, stabbed, shot, plane crash, etc.

6. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the memory bit he didnt get it all automatically because zero didn't give up. When people continue to resist and are defeated the memories aren't absorbed as easily, that is to say it didnt automatically become zeros/rolands memory. that's why zero tried to get everyone to give up when she fought them.
    In the case of Roland I think it was a good thing zero didn't give up. It seems all the memories and personalities drove zero insane.
    With the lifespan bit I'm assuming it's because human males don't have the constitution for magic do they can't reap the benefits of it. And since the lifespan was magically taken/absorbed he wouldn't be able to do it. Or it could be the strain of the dream world. It would have been interesting to see zeros actually life expectancy. Maybe she actually had to keep absorbing people or she would have died.

7. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just speed read up to chapter 46 of this after reading the manhua chapters. I read a complaint somewhere about the adaptation but it seems pretty faithful AFAICT.

BRB, gotta read the next 332 chapters.

8. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At what point is it written that Roland didn’t get the extended lifespan? I’m not caught up with the chapters yet but when they were discussing a successor, I thought his long lifespan was hinted at.

9. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    at no point. it was never mentioned whether or not roland got the extended lifespan; people just assume based on zero's explanation.
    about successor: no. the argument was never roland's immortality but the revelation of a nephew (from the eldest brother).

for the record, explicit statement on roland's lifespan:
    chapter 1269 -- 17 years remaining
    chapter 1349 -- 14 years remaining

10. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought someone mentioned it when the nephew was talked about. But I could be wrong. Thanks for the chapter numbers.

11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in terms of story manhua is fairly faithful, but they destroyed all characters imo. I mean how they appear and behave in the drawing. For one, Roland's hair color is wrong, Barov looks like a lumberjack and not as a minister or prince's adviser, etc.

12. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lifespan =/= Time of Death

Roland could get nuked in the next second and the witch would probably see 1 second on his head.

sgrey likes this.
  13. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edith said that he has eternal life as a reason why his nephew will never be a king when she was taking him and his mother to Neverwinter

14. gangbuntu

Reading List:
    Link
    precisely. a neet hiki might have lifespan of 10-20 years.
    but as soon as he walked out the door, truck-sama might scoff at that number.

15. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's questionable, because we all know that neets hit by a truck go isekai, so arguably he will get more years

16. Pandora Exa

Pandora Exa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion he called it sun because nuclear bomb is very bright like a sun when explode so people in other world can understand it easily rather fission/fusion thing.

Jojo775 likes this.
  17. Pandora Exa

Pandora Exa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he go to isekai already, one more and he'll met 3 other mc from another isekai

18. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You gave me a great idea. Whoever the god is, he should send down Aqua to Roland, she will sort everything out.

Pandora Exa likes this.
  19. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just send aqua to the demons

20. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That might work out in their favor.