LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, for one - if it was satisfying for you, doesn't mean everyone will find it satisfying.
    and two, even if the ending is truly good for that novel, if you just don't like the type of novel it is, why does it even matter? Proper ending in a novel you don't enjoy won't bring you satisfaction just as bad ending in the novel you otherwise enjoy.
    I, for one, am not sure that Lord of the Mysteries is something I will enjoy. I usually don't go for this type of novel, but I don't have anything against it either. I am willing to give a try at least.

sapassde likes this.
  2. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite novels! :) One of the few things I would change in Roland strategy would be to conquer more key coastal points and build permanent towns with military base and harbor there. To act as funnel for trade, safe harbors for his ships and attract more immigrants. Basically those could act as model and teaser for what Roland's city is. And he could keep these limited in size and functions as mostly trade, military and immigrant hubs. Example about trade is that he could sell non mechanical luxury stuff like tasty food, perfumes and clothes to nobles at high price.

With good fortifications these places would be pretty much impossible the conquer when combined with firearms, ofc excluding demons. If he did this more early on he could have got a lot of money, more easy movement and also foothold to launch an future attack.

3. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never finished this novel (because QI took over and then paywalls) but I just started it up again. Re-reading the Roland vs. Zero battle (chapter ~630) was such a letdown after being built up for 300 chapters (Garcia vs. Zero chapter ~320). I was so disappointed I had to post about it even though the discussion thread is already dead and everyone finished reading it over a year ago.
    Apparently transforming the environment or changing natural laws doesn't require much energy because Roland managed to do it even on the verge of defeat. And he killed Zero with thousands of guns that he just materialized.

Also there was the supposed rule where you cannot create something that you do not understand. That's the explanation for why Roland cannot create a working Ironman suit. Yet somehow Zero is able to recreate the Sigil of God's Will even though she obviously cannot know how that works. She can also replicate the abilities of witches even though she does not understand how it works as well. Her understanding is just "release magic power and this effect occurs" which is not much different than "push the big red button and a missile will launch."

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true, but I let it slide with the reason "homeowner advantage"