LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Deleted member 36162 likes this.
  2. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Us

3. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    What about us? English pirateers?

4. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are surprised that Chinese novel has English fans

5. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh.. cool. Yeah, it's good.

6. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad thing is that they are saying the translation speed is slow, sigh those damnable lucky chinese.

7. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL if the translators are paid like double digits in USD per chapter (which something the original authors won't probably make unless they have an audience in millions per day / per chapter), yeah the translation speed will fly. Remember the drama that happened with ATG when certain people paid some others to translate ATG in advance just because of the perceived "deliberate slowness" by the ATG translation team at one point. It caused a lot of drama because money was involved.

Then again, a lot of people (not majority, not minority, but definitely more than 10 people / groups, so that's "plenty / many") do translate in hopes that they live off the 'donations' of translations, and they're not upfront about it. There are some people and groups that are VERY upfront about it, and guess what? They're rewarded for their earnesty and honesty.

Woops, my comments may seem OOT. But what I meant to say is that, if the translators are paid as much as they think they want to be, translation speed will fly. I won't be surprised that groups will re-arrange their focus to quickly translate stuffs if they're paid upfront.

8. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember that about ATG, but I do know they use the stockpile release system (which I will explain below.) All I remember were poachers watching to make money off of translating it because the series was such a popular series after it was recognize by the Eng community after effort of translations. But yes, there was a lot of drama once money is involve. It was the initial phase of the whole donation system that Ren build for CN translation, so there were a lot of flaws in the beginning. It took a while until the community agree on a fair number of free release per week, and extra are from donation for CN.

As for deliberately releasing slow release is always debatable, since there are always different mindset to it.
    • Schedule Release (where translators would translate and release individual chapter at the same time base on schedule)
    • Stockpile Release (where translators would translate massive amount of chapters ahead of time, to create buffer room for when they are unable to translate chapters due to unforeseen circumstances, so that they can release their chapters on a timely manner)
    • Burst Release (where release interval are unpredictable but will release massive amount of chapters in one go)
    • Calculative Release (where translator would deliberately calculate the release speed base on the speed of the LN volume release date)
    • Casual Release (where translator would translate a chapter and release it base on their mood, thus varying in release speed)
    JP translators typically prefer Burst Release, Calculative Release, and Casual Release, whereas CN translator typically prefer Schedule Release and Stockpile Release.

---

Back on topic, you got to feel bad about Holy Moon position within the Witch Cooperative Association. Her power was not compatible in her environment, plus their lack of creativity and technology. If she had creativity in her time, she will be more like that magnet pirate from One Piece. If she were to exist in modern time, she will be like Magneto from the Marvel Universe.

9. jwang

jwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been reading the latest raw releases, and every time the need for more powerful weaponry comes up I get frustrated. This is because he has MAGNETS and he isn't using them! Cripes, make a magnetic launcher, or hell, a rail gun, and you have capital ship class weaponry that doesn't require gunpowder. Best part is, you don't need metal for it! Just magnetize something, chuck it in the launcher, and see it fly!

10. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh then, I am a Casual Release, huh?
    This might be OOT but I think you need to make a thread about this and ask mod to sticky them... Just as a reminder for leecher when they begin to ask: next chapter, when?
    I ask permission to copy paste this for my blog.

11. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need metal for a magnetic weapon? lol as far as I know railgun isn't a common weapon, people would first say it's mecha anime thing before that it actually exists, also maybe the MC doesn't know about it or, doesn't know how to make it, it is a far strech already that he made all those things like he prepared for going into the past to start making old technology.

12. LazyLuong

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, go ahead. The terms are something I made up and can be change to a different word to best describe it, but that is the best terms I can come up with for them.

I forgot to mention that burst release interval tends to be very long, but make up for it for the massive chapter release. That is the difference between burst release and a slow casual release.

13. jwang

jwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A railgun or coilgun is based on the principle of using magnetic fields to propel an object to extremely high speed. I might have been thinking wrong when I said railgun since that requires a conducting projectile, but a coilgun is definitely feasible without metallic projectiles so long as the projectile is magnetic itself. The launching tube itself might need to be rifled, and the wires around it would need to be metal to conduct, but the projectile itself can be made of anything else. In fact, there's DIYs online telling you how to make your own railgun/coilgun at home. Scale it up a bit and you have artillery that doesn't require gunpowder and can fire just about anything.

14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    mm yeah but what's good enough to be a projectile and is not a metal?

15. LazyLuong

Reading List:
    Link
    Mystery Moon power include turning anything she touches into magnet. so I don't think that part would be a problem.

The issues is the following situation:

However, you can take it as she did not have full control of her power to speed up the process nor did her surrounding allow her to improve on her own ability since she was banned from using her ability.

16. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone is a fan of Witcher 3 :p

When is Geralt going to show up?

17. Kna

Kna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm.. There'll be 4 factions Border Town, Witches ( or Roland's sister faction,maybe?), Church and Monster.
    Border Town leader cards will be Roland. :D

Ex.....

Roland
    Lord of Border Town

"It is natural and beautiful that a man should love his witches"

Ability: Pick an Impenetrable Fog card from your deck and play it instantly.

:rolleyes:

18. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4th wall stuff like putting Gwent into his story always makes me cringe slightly. Oh well, this would be the first thorn in this otherwise amazing story.

I think it's pretty obvious to expect MC to use magnetism for warfare, but I think it's realistic that he doesn't. Assuming he comes from basically the present time, he wouldn't necessarily know a lot about how to make it. Isn't he just a civil engineer? Is it standard for them to also learn the electrical side of engineering? He might know some physics regarding electricity but that doesn't mean he knows how to design and build a magnetic weapon.

If he just uses magnets, where would he store it? He's surrounded by metal. If he makes it electromagnetic (electricity has to be on for magnets to be on) then where does he get the copper/conductive and ductile metal?

I'd rather see some kind of unique contraption like a wooden trailer that has a magnetic platform on it. On this magnetic platform is a levitating wheel with spokes. Then use wind power to make it spin really really fast and just walk that into enemy lines/buildings. Hell, just make a big magnetic ball and roll it into their army. Knights all wear ferrous armour, GG.

[Edit] God she can make dirt magnetic, or air. So broken. How do you fight against magnetic air? Breathe it in and then realize you can't breathe it out anymore? Get surrounded by a bubble of gas that's attracted to your armour/helmet and then realize the strength of your lungs to inhale is weaker than the attractive force and therefore asphyxiate? Boil magnetic water and have lightning drop it on the enemy?

19. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    ......HE'S MAKING GWENT!!! XD XD XD

20. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing to think about how broken magnetism is for warfare, since everyone uses either metallic weapons or metallic armour. It's as simple as getting a log, making it magnetic, making it weightless, and then just dropping it on the enemy.

Anyone wearing armour would be bound to the log completely and unable to fight. Anyone wielding a weapon would lose their weapon, and anyone left would just get melted by fire/pumped full of lead. Literally, because lead isn't magnetic.

Now I just wonder what the authour will come up with.