Discussion Release That Witch

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by I Eat Monsanto, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulji_og

soulji_og Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Devils are men. Happy now?

In addition the MC is a guile hero. He will always be weaker than the rest. He's weaker than his knights. what difference does it make if Carter can kill him in one shot or if Anna can kill him in one shot. Carter can kill the majority of witches by himself with his bare hands without a stones protection. How is it bias that 3 out of the dozen witches in border town can kill him with magic.

2. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to understand that in their world females being born with the chance of turning into a witch is as natural of a thing as in our world that men are born with stronger bodies. Sure you might say its different since magic and muscle strength arent the same but if you were born in that world you would not question it at all simply because its a natural thing. Why CANT fish fly? Because they arent born that way. Why CAN birds fly? Because they are born that way. Why CANT men use magic in that world? Because they arent born that way, why can females use magic? Because they are born that way. Get it?

yonna and DarthOu like this.
  3. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you realy are annoying you know
    picking fights for no reason
    but i guess you are right on that if you dont play it safe people just attack you for any reason

yonna likes this.
  4. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I could understand the argument if it was males somehow being better than females or vice versa but this novel treats all genders pretty realistically probably even slightly better than real life so I can't really see the problem in saying the magic power that makes witches is almost exclusive to female humans.

yonna likes this.
  5. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm annoying? So what lol. Dumb guys are dumb. I pick fights for no reason? Lol.

siwakotisaurav likes this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You see, Ichika isn't supposed to be able to pilot IS but the-1st-osananajimi girl's big sister did something to make Ichika being able to pilot. When that was revealed, I was like "Bitch, you didn't tell anyone at all? Despite the world is in impending doom and you're dressing like a fucking retarded loli while being kira kira and shit. You could increase the world's military by a huge number when both genders are able to pilot IS." This is the stupidest thing I've seen.

7. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    While I'm uninterested in the topic of this thread, I can't help but want to comment on the false equivalency you're putting forth here. You know as well as I do that you can't name a single story where ONLY men are capable of becoming supernaturally strong in any way. Women may generally not be the strongest in a lot of novels, or be very rare at higher levels of strength, but that's almost always due to social constraints rather than absolute limitations.
    Again, I'm not commenting on that being good or bad, I haven't even read the novel, I'm just point out that you're presenting a distortion of reality in your comment.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  8. yonna

yonna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wouldnt mind the mc being weak they overpower way too fast anyway but i would prefer him building his empire using brains i have this in my reading list and all this just convinced me to read it even more

9. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    she's a misandrist

10. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    LOVELY WAS HERE
    LOVELY IS ALIVE TOO!

Dusk likes this.
  11. osiristhief

osiristhief Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is on fire
    lol.

12. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude ask yourself? Remove the magic. Picture a medival sword fighting novel with no magic. Is it ok for only male characters to become op just because they are men? Would you complain on behalf of the female characters? In this novel it's reverse. That's all it is. The fact that it makes you feel uncomfortable is what people are commenting on.

13. wonderskull

wonderskull Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that the Wheel of Time series should have triggered you. If you continued to read it there was a very rich history behind it as to why women are able to use magic but males who use magic will eventually go out of control. I just thought it was sad that the original author died before he could actually finish the series.

14. Raine

Raine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you seem to have forgotten that both females and males are humans, both from the same species, just like a bird who mates with its counterpart they both posses the ability to fly, i dont mind females being the only ones to posses witch qualities but there is no reason why the author has to neuter every male to be simply normal while females can have powers, even in RL both genders have the ability to become strong, weak, but they have a choice, in the novel Males will forever be just that normal while females can be Superhuman flying monsters

Exterial likes this.
  15. monstermaaaaan

monstermaaaaan title tile

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't it beautiful?

16. Raine

Raine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude that is the thing, females still have the option to train and become just as storng as any male, but RTW comepltely removes the chance of males learning magic because they are males, if it was a medival sword fighting novel it would have been similar to GOT, yes males are usually stronger but they are still female knights just as strong if not stronger than males, but they still posses the option to become or not to be a swordsman, RTW like i said before has no option is just no, males cannot have magic thats it, for now its not a problem since the MC is still with his building and stuff but after all that is done, what is next?

17. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    um... you know... the purpose of reading is to broaden your view.
    you will learn nothing if you select your reading material because of some subjective view like that.
    same as some religious fanatics, they only read their manual books and some writing that support the manual book.
    I'm afraid you will become narrow minded. be careful.

18. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im sorry, call me dumb or w/e but im with others, i fail to understand why people demanding that theres magic and stuff from males when the title is clearly Release the Witch. it's okay to have an expectation for warlocks and battle actions and power level and cultivation and xianxia stuffs, but you're clearly demanding it, by bashing it straight because it failed to meet up with your expectation. a demand isn't really an expectation, which is kind of... stupid? lol

ps : yey, i get to post stuff before this thread gets locked PogChamp

19. soulji_og

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much every fighting novel that relies on physical strength. there are literally thousands of novels with supernaturally strong fighters with ZERO women fighters. Zero women fighters in the entire universe. This is normal. They can't become supernaturally strong, because it isn't "believable."

The fact that you didn't even notice when you saw it and just excepted it as normal. is the point. There are thousands of novels "where ONLY men are capable of becoming supernaturally strong." It is pretty much the default.

20. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    @SemperAmbroscusOdium

Look, I understand what you're trying to say, and that you don't really hate women, but you worded this one poorly.
    It would've been a lot better if you just posted a thread in Spoilers section asking if there's an explanation for why males can't use magic, rather than opening a discussion over here.

Westeller likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.