Resolved Released chapters name

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by KiwiKunGz, Apr 24, 2021.

1. KiwiKunGz

KiwiKunGz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm the current translator of the novel "Daily Issue Little Girl Misaki-chan!"
    There's a problem here that's troubling me, that is whenever I add a release on NU website, the release name always got changed when it is updated.

My novel is consisted of normal chapters (c1, c2, c3 etc.) and side story chapters. So on NU website I'd like to separate those two out and name them accordingly (c1, c2, ss 1, c3, ss 2, for example.) But every time I released a side story chapter (and set their name as ss 1, ss 2, etc.) they always got changed to c1, c2, etc.

So far I've released two side story chapters but I've to contact to moderators via emails every time and I don't want to trouble them very much so I'd like to know how I can change them on my own, or how I should name them in the add release page.(Basically how should I deal with it.) Currently it's the side story chapter 3 that has this problem, but there's a lot of side story chapters that I've not yet translated so if I have to contact a moderator every time this happens I feels like it'd be a waste of their precious time. All in all I'd like to know how I should deal with this problem.

Thank you kindly in advance.

UnGrave likes this.
  2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    use 'side story' instead of 'ss' (or 'interlude' when applicable)
    use 'extra' instead of 'ex'

the bots are not set to recognize 'ss' when it reads the translator's site RSS Feed because it is too general.

other recognizable keywords :
    1. afterword
    2. blu-ray
    3. bluray
    4. bonus story
    5. epilogue
    6. idle talk
    7. illustrations
    8. interlude
    9. intermission
    10. omake
    11. prologue
    12. special
    the bots will send chapters with these keyword (in the title) to manual queue for double-checking purposes, so it might get a bit delayed as the chapters will need an online mod to process.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  3. KiwiKunGz

KiwiKunGz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the answer!