Discussion Religion and Belief

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haweii, Feb 13, 2016.

?

What is your religion/belief?

1. Agnostic

43 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Atheism

19 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Buddhism

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Christianity

27 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. Deism

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Hinduism

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Islam

20 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Others

18 vote(s)
    15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for me, since I am agnostic I am fine with either religion my partner would have (except that person is a hardcore one, usually I don't get along with people who demands that others share their opinion).
    If that person is for example a Muslim than I am willing to convert and but will behave very moderate regarding the rules, since Muslims must not marry people of a different religion.

And if I have children, then I will let them choose what religion they want to follow - I am quite stubborn here ;)

2. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link

3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    I had enemy from other religion. We always debate over whose religion is better. Sometimes it became full scaled wars.. But in bussiness I trust no one except him..

I found funny. The religious bussiness partner of me is the worst partner that I had. 3 of them and they're all had different religion. But I found some atheist that always fight with me turns out a good bussiness partner.. What happen with you guys? Didn't our God teach us not to cheating??

I'm stay true to my religious teaching. And never try to cheat in my bussiness..

Sadly a good ol guy that stay true to their teaching is rare.

Arcturus, Poor_Hero and CDLevit like this.
  4. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    At play it's sincerity and there's no fear to talk and be yourself.

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting because my uni is distinctly agnostic/atheist and It's the other way around. People like to judge each other. One has to accept that fact in order to get by in life, I've managed to learn that after trying to get along with people for most of my life and realizing that most of the time they aren't worth it.
    My parents are both of different religions, and though it occasionally enters into their arguments, most often more secular matters are the issues between them. Religion only comes between people when they want it to come between them in my experience.

6. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
    Religion and belief.. Simply it's all about faith. I guess it makes people strong..

7. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Scientists didn't create mass, they just documented the properties that mass has. Conservation of Mass and Energy:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_mass

Scientists would be the first to admit they aren't god, since powers of superstition are not really defined... I do find it funny that people say things like scientists are playing "god". I mean technically in those definitions, people are playing "god" all the time from just having children. Penis goes in vagina... etc.. etc... living thing comes out... I mean that life didn't just materialize out of nothing in that instance, a guy and a girl had to do the "sin" for that life to begin.

It's not making people strong per say... Honestly, it makes people weaker since it "answers" all your questions, nope "god" did it all. Of course, you need to subscribe to your church/mosque/temple/heiau/shrine/parthenon/ and put the money in that offering plate make sure you write your checks to cash and give them to your rabbi, priest, monk, muslim priest(whatever word that is), voodoo witch doctor, spirit guide, etc.. etc...

8. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have this subject where they teach religion. May as well call it a debate class as everytime the teacher say something other religion react while athiest either chuckling or debating them .me however is thinking what to eat as it nearly lunchtime.

9. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in a way buddhism is hinduism

10. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    both came from india so there bound to have similarities. Why not include Pastafarian faith for the heck of it.

11. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;DR

12. zolro

zolro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may be surprised I am a pastafarian.

I believe in the flying spaghetti monster. I come from a multi-cultural society in which many religions coexists. I was born a buddhist until one fateful night when I was touched by his noodly appendage. For me, it was a life changing moment as I never felt so connected to the universe.

I am sure some of you are unfamiliar with the great Pastafarian faith
    Our beliefs, which are awesome as hell by the way, varies but there are a few fundamentals that all pastafarians should know.

Now I am sure some of you are unclear as to how Pastafarians pray or attend church. You see, in our faith, everything is optional. If you're too busy, you may choose not to pray.
    [​IMG] but he may boil you.

Here are a few examples of our prayers.

Like most religions, we also have religious head-wear which does not look stupid in anyway.
    [​IMG] Yep, it is a spaghetti strainer AKA collander. OH and pirate hats are also acceptable.

Like other beliefs, we too face ridicule for our headwear choices. Thankfully, due to social progress, we are gaining rights equal to major religions when it comes to headwears in official documentation. See this

To end off, here's a picture of the great FSM.
    [​IMG]
    He boiled for our sins. R'Amen.

Feel free to post any questions. :D
    Disclaimer: I used many sources for this which includes wikihow as well as FSM church's homepage.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016