Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Aiatsu

Aiatsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dude, you're mixing A and B.

Being a slave does not mean that you have lost the complete sense of reality, questions of ethics and morals are not learned in school and perhaps not even with the absolute of parents. It is something that you analyze with the environment around you. It is, in fact, the environment in which Rastha was horrible.

BUT

This does not take away their sense of reality and the biggest proof for that is the real cases themselves, like North Korea, where people were literally in concentration camps and the freed from Brazil, where after years of slavery, enslaved groups they had ethics and morals, with some of them becoming active members of society (even though the government was incompetent and did not help them).

Understand that precarious situations do not take away your notion of right and wrong, Law itself agrees with this when psychopaths have a criterion of right and wrong socially.

Rastha did not do this to maintain her power, again I say, she only ascended the empress's throne and did all those wrong things because she was greedy. Every concubine receives a hefty amount of money and it would not be the exception. But she felt angry and jealous of Navier. Tell me, what is the need for survival to kill Navier's parents?

Anyway, as for the parameter of Henry, I already commented in another post about it, tyrant as emperor, but loving as father, friend and husband. People like him because of that and this is completely sensible. It is the same thing that people like L because he is smart, not because he was arrogant in just trying to defeat Kira within the rules, even though he knew he was Light, and not sending an assassin to kill him (which would spared countless lives, Kira killed 100,000 people).

And so, Navier is not a protagonist Mary Sue, if it were, she would simply have taken the throne from Sobieshu, she fell into all of Rastha's tricks and was divorced. She was simply the only one of all the characters who did not do something wrong, (even though she could). Because of that they like her, and the character doesn’t become poor because of that, it’s just a normal choice for an MC and a good message, in reality, don’t do bad things.

In order of those who did horrible things and their punishments

Sobieshu, the worst of all, went crazy

Rastha, died.

Henry, was in captivity for a few months.

The only thing I really disagree with is that Rastha died. If Sobieshu had been executed too, I would have agreed, but I thought it was unfair that he escaped almost unpunished.

She was, in fact, a pawn, but she was fully aware of the barbarities she made. Bad things happen to you doesn't take away your sense of what is right and wrong. For a person not to learn this, it has to be created on an island far from society, like The Blue Laagon.

And there are still ethical notions that are inherent to human beings, according to natural law. Anyway, this is too big for a post hahahaha.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a PSA for those who's bothered by certain users on NUF.

Learn to use the Ignore option. I'm/We're not going to remove a post merely because you're butt hurt when someone doesn't share the same opinion as you. We have rules asking you to be civil but that does not mean you have to be a Karen and got offended for everything. This is the internet. Stay offline inside your room if you can't handle strong words.

Here's how to Ignore them on desktop mode:
    IMG_20210509_121520.jpg

And how to Ignore them on mobile mode:
    IMG_20210509_121306.jpg

There you go, help yourself.

Stay civil and don't be toxic, everyone. Thanks.

3. NightShayde

NightShayde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading an MTL and I just got to the point of right after the Navier’s wedding when
    Duke Kaufman slipped the love potion in Heinley’s drink, and he looked at Christa… But the way the MTL puts it together, I can’t tell did he cheat on Navier? Or did he just get the hots for her and run? The MTL is not very clear and I really don’t want to keep reading and find he cheated on her after all she’s been through, even if it wasn’t his choice (drugs, man)

4. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was said in another spoiler that he managed to get away. He didn't do anything (thankfully).

NightShayde likes this.
  5. NightShayde

NightShayde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looked with the keyword search and could not find the spoiler where it was answered. (Asked yes, but no answer) as I did not feel like combing though a 100 pages of posts, I thank you for the clarification!!

Grace34 likes this.
  6. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this if you remember whenever Duke Ergi met with Navier he always feels guilty and even expressed it in many occasions, it's probably because he knew his friend's plan all along

7. MonoJu

MonoJu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rashta did become greedy, but she was a slave who was used by everyone when she just wanted to survive with her child. That doesn't make her actions right, but I do feel for her. Had she met some lonely guy in a farm when she ran away, I think she would have been happy with him. But she met the emperor who wanted to use her to make his wife jealous. That position led the Duke to use her and manipulate her as well.

Rashta in the beginning just wanted to live. But everyone with power over her decided to ruin her instead. I feel bad for her. I read spoilers that say she dies, which just makes her life all the more tragic.

As a slave, she was treated horribly and raped. She sought freedom and become a slave again.

I know this is an unpopular opinion lol, but I do feel for Rashta and can't bring myself to hate her after everything that has happened.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  8. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone?

By the way the babies! So darling. Geh, squishies!!!

9. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    He managed to get away and lock himself up for the night. He told Navier about what happened because I think it was gossiped about. Navier confronted the duke. I believe she was disappointed in him.

NightShayde likes this.
  10. sazxia

sazxia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the emperor regretted his decisions? Like being so dumb or something. I just want to know if he suffered or not for my peace of mind.

11. prongsletaelin

prongsletaelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is Rashta and Allen's baby.

WinnieS likes this.
  12. aldrim_

aldrim_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, she did meet Allen before she met Soviesch. Allen is actually a really nice guy who loves her. He was willing to step down as the viscount’s successor to be with her (since his father can’t accept rashta and her baby), which is why she then left him, because rashta only wants him for his title, and deem him as useless if he won’t become a viscount.

13. Grace34

Grace34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait are you sure that's what happened? In the manhwa, it is said pretty explicitly that is was Allen that said that he will not change his life for Rashta, as he had a lot to lose if he were to remain with her. If you look at chapter 36 of the manhwa you can see that. There is also a scene where she meets Allen again after a party and repeats the words he said to her back to him, saying that now she is the one who has a lot to lose (meaning she has a higher status she can't compromise). Allen was never willing to step down in order to be with Rashta, at least not in the manhwa and not before she became a mistress.

14. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So just to clarify a little bit, from my understanding

Allen was pretty much wrapped around Rashta’s finger and doted on her. He was willing to marry her and everything, damn the consequences... ... until his dad confronted him and put his heels to the fire. Then he crumpled like wet tissue paper. Allen seems to be a pretty weak willed individual, which made him a pretty good target for Rashta but he wasn’t going to stand against anyone on her behalf.

On Rashta’s end, it doesn’t seem like she had it particularly hard. Of course she was a slave and had no choice in where she lived and who she worked for but, there’s a bit of a cultural mindset difference at work here. As people in the west when we think of slavery we probably think of plantations and whippings and such. In the east ... ... you know the trusted servants in asian historical drama’s and such? Basically all slaves. A lot of the people who work in businesses, especially entertainment businesses, etc. they were all bought and have a contract that needs to be bought out. In how many novels is it mentioned people in desperate straights needing to sell a child? So not trying to speak with any authority, but I do think it’s likely that the author was picturing something different when making Rashta a slave than what pops into the heads of a lot of people here.

From what’s been mentioned in the novel it seems like she was just relegated to normal servant work. It’s mentioned she has calloused hands, but there’s no mention of any other scars or wounds. Outside of her insecurities there’s no sign that she’s traumatized or anything. It’s outright said that SHE approached Allen and basically got out of whatever work she had been doing via gaining his favor.
    She ran off because 1) Allen followed his father’s orders and made it clear she could only be his side piece. 2)She was told her child was stillborn, which regardless of anything else is pretty messed up. If you want to be charitable Rashta ran off because she was genuinely distraught after having her romantic dreams dashed and losing her child. If you’re being cynical she ran off because her ambitions had been thwarted and she lost her last bit leverage in that situation.

15. Swonder07

Swonder07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard there are side stories about the twins and rashta's daughter. Does anyone know anything? Spoilers please.

16. manvugu

manvugu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, does anyone have spoilers for Mastas and Navier's brother? I forgot his name. Kosair. Just wondering how they end.
    [​IMG]

17. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    What he did?

18. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they might get together. They went off on a mission together in the new Knights alliance that the West, East and other countries formed. They do like each other.
    He gave Heinley a love potion drink on the day after his wedding while the newlyweds were hosting a banquet. He literally walked up to Heinley in the banquet and invited him outside to drink the spiked glass of champagne. Heinley was even suspicious about the glass of champagne because of how intensely Kapman was watching the glass. Therefore, they switched glasses and Kapman, in his thoughts, thinks it doesn’t matter because he tampered with both glasses.

As soon as Heinley drank the champagne he knew something was wrong. Then Christa, who was invited by Kapman in advance, walked up to Heinley so that she can be the first person he sees. Heinley was so sieged by the effects that Christa wiped his forehead with her handkerchief. This created several consequences:
    • Sympathy towards Navier by the noble women who saw Christa and Heinley. Rumors began to spread but Navier didn’t find out until she started receiving lots of amiable letters from noble women days after the banquet. She asked her maids to investigate the change in sentiment and found out that it’s because of a supposed love meeting between Christa and Heinley on the very next day after their wedding. (Heinley had already told her what happened though)
    • This led to Christa using the issue as a springboard to request that she become Heinley’s concubine because of the rumors that ruin her reputation. In other words, she and her supporters and family, demanded that Heinley take her as her concubine. Even though Heinley was able to extricate himself through his efforts, Navier’s efforts and guilt-riddled Kaplan’s efforts, it eventually led to deeper grudges between Heinley and Christa’s family who was determined to get back at Heinley. This eventually led to Navier almost dying while pregnant, Kapman protecting her and Heinley exterminating that family.
    • Heinley discovering that Christa has romantic feelings towards him.
    • Christa finally leaving the palace and putting an end to her long overdue withdrawal.
    Kapman did redeem himself by coming to the state council meeting and lying that Heinley spent the night chatting with him. However, him spiking Heinley’s drink had a huge consequence: deeper enmity between Heinley and Christa’s family which almost leads to Navier’s death and the death of her kids because Christa’s brother jumped off the palace building to fall on Navier while she’s pregnant. Only Kapman saw the man jumping from above and he ran to protect Navier with his body. Due to this, Heinley was extremely outraged and tortured Christa’s father to death and killed any family left. Some people thought it was cruel but it seems that Heinley is that type of person. If you mess with his queen, he pays back ten fold.

(Before Christa’s brother tried to kill Navier, the family was mad with Heinley for confining Christa inside the Compshire mansion with her maids. They weren’t allowed to go outside. Christa thought her father would do something but he abandoned her to protect his grandchildren and stay on Heinley’s good side, at least outwardly. She committed suicide and the family blamed Heinley. However, before Christa’s suicide, the father did try to harm Navier by covertly presenting foods harmful to pregnant women at a ceremony that the emperor and empress has to eat. Heinley knew about it so the enmity got even deeper)

In all this, I did like that Heinley told Navier the very next day after the banquet that Kapman spiked his drink. While he didn’t know what it was, Navier knew right away. Not to mention Navier was experiencing feelings of insecurity because Heinley didn’t sleep in the same bed with her the second night after the wedding. Instead he locked himself in his room claiming he felt ill. That’s because he was waiting for the potion to wear off. In addition, he effectively had no alibi to prove he wasn’t with Christa that night.

In my opinion, Heinley and Christa’s ending could have been different if there was no grounds (spiked drink) for Christa trying to become his concubine. Heinley was very cautious of staying away from Christa and both him and Navier were trying to find a way to overcome the situation since Heinley did promise his brother that he will treat Christa kindly and people witnessed the promise.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  19. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But still I want to know what happened to Kampman? Was it known he spiked the drinks or not? Was he reprimanded for it or not? If not it would be a big disappointment. He got away from all the shits he did (if, if he did so get away).

20. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Navier was very disappointed in him. I mean, he did trigger her fears of abandonment when Heinley didn’t sleep in the same bed with her on the second night after the wedding. Fortunately however, Heinley is always open about their romantic relationship so Navier’s fears were reduced after he told her the truth the next day. Afterwards, Navier went to look for Kapman to tell him off but then she also took into consideration that it must be painful for him to see her with Heinley. To make it up to her, she asked Kapman to investigate Christa’s maids since he can read people’s mind/thoughts. She requested this in order to prepare for any accusations and trouble.

Navier sometimes try to avoid him but he’s very useful to her in many ways. They are working on trade with his country so she can’t stop all contact with him. In fact, Kapman stays in the Western kingdom right through the end of the story so he helped out Navier and Heinley in many ways. He’s even involved with helping her use her ice magic.

In a nutshell, it’s unfortunate that Kapman spiked Heinley’s drinks but politically, he helped them out a lot in the months ahead.