Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Lasika

Lasika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @InTheEther :)
    I very much get the feeling that really everyone just wants Sovieshu to suffer badly me included.
    I can't wait to see how the further chapters will unfold. English translator is also pretty good, we already nearing chapter 50 :)

rock.doll and Darcy like this.
  2. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    English translator split the chapters in half, so it's chapter 50 in eng. now but comparing with raws, it's only chapter 25 and half of chapter 26, so it's quite slow. There are more chapters in english but on patron by Crystal Crater Translations and have to pay to read more.

Darcy likes this.
  3. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone here knows, unless it's been written in a blog somewhere (only EmpressNavier has been reading those, and they've been pretty good about posting what they find). Everything you're asking about is behind a paywall, and the free Korean chapters have not yet caught up to that point.

DAngel7 likes this.
  4. Lasika

Lasika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @rock.doll :) if I hit chapter 80 in English and don't see the divorce, I'll now know why...

rock.doll likes this.
  5. famine

famine New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, is there any spoiler for ch 87? Please?

6. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me? I don't really know what word to describe Rashta? Innocent? Stupid? Ignorant? How she acts really irritates me! As a woman, I can't stand her attitude of always crying whenever she encounters problem. Can't she solve those on her own?
    I know that she doesn't know the rules of aristocracy but MY GOSH that's not a reasonable reason.

Still, I really admired her talent for manipulating people's feeling/thoughts. But! For me, she's nothing but a seductress who doesn't know anything but to flirt! I would rather choose cunning/sly women than her! Atleast those women are not brainless. Most of them act mature and are aware of the consequences of their actions.

Sometimes, ignorant people are the worse!
    If they don't know something, then they must make an effort to learn it! Furthermore, I hate it when she always act like a victim. WHy the heck is she always acting wronged?! Duh, even if you are sad, why must you broadcast it to the world? Why not keep it to yourself? Or if you really can't fix it on your own, then ask advices or help. There is no need to ask for sympathy.

Hmphhh! (Sorry, I'm quite upset of Rashta's character because I knew someone like her)

I really like Empress Navier! I wish to be like her. She knows what she must do! And she is a strong, dependable, and intelligent woman. She is a model amongst women.
    I really like those female protagonists who are very strong.

Stilll, I only read chapters 1-50. My opinions are based from what I have read so far. Too bad, I can't understand other languages.

Darcy, Venice1 and rock.doll like this.
  7. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait! I must be wrong. Is there a difference between about being Ignorant and being stupid? Just curious.. ;)

8. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    No prob :) I also wanted to read, and when I saw almost 50ish chs translated and then 80ish something chs on patron, I was ready to pay to binge read everything but then I found that all chs are splitted and it's not even close to half of the released raws chs...:blobsob: Well, I don't have the right to complain, I'm a lazy bum not knowing any Korean so I'm thankful to Translator-san and waiting patiently for more chs. :blobpopcorn_cool:

9. rock.doll

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you, girl...:blobupset: Back in times, women were mostly like Rashta and very very few had the courage and impatience (with all the injustice/attitude) to be like Navier. My honest opinion is that Rashta is just stupid... in a sense that she is not educated enough to understand the society she is now part of. Maybe crying and acting pitiful worked when she was younger and a slave but she can't comprehend that this will not work in imperial palace and its environment, and in general this kind of behaviour will not work when you're older and already a mother/pregnant. She stupidly believes that what she is doing is right and the love she receives is real, which is not the case. Her mental comprehension is that of a 3 years old, throw a tantrum/cry and get what you want and she does not have enough education to understand the situation she is in at the moment, and because of this, she looks and seems to be ignorant. I would better say she that rather that 'being ignorant' she just does not get it, and when she kinda-ish get some hints that something is wrong, she chooses to do her 'damsel in distress' act because this is something that always worked for her rather than thinking of something more logical and even IF she tries to think of something ro ask for help, 1. she does not have enough knowledge to think of something good/logical and 2. she asks for help not the right people...she asks for help only people that are 'good' to her but she cannot get it that their goodness is false.

So, my conclusion is that she is rather stupid than ignorant, but stupid in a sense that she is not educated (not sure if she can read or write???). Her smartness is ....cry/tantrum = favors/love, and this always worked so why change?...and that is. Even if she tries to do something to change she chooses wrong methods and wrong people, and her mental/emotional development doesn't allow her to think more logically or broadmindedly. Logically I understand that she is really pitiful, but emotionally she is so damn infuriating! :facepalm:

Venice1 and _BlissCity_ like this.
  10. InTheEther

InTheEther Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Rashta's real issues are just being really shallow and self-involved. Being able to manipulate people is a skill. Some of the conversation has reminded me of the ML's mother in Eight Treasure Trousseau. She's just a concubine of the emperor (not even the favorite), and if she has any family backing its never mentioned. All she's got is a fairly secure position as the mother of a prince and access to the emperor. But she uses it, sparingly but strategically, and helps her son get named heir at the last second. And part of her secret to success is NOT clinging to him too much or asking for things.

In Rashta's case, her priorities are messed up. She wants to be fawned over and spoiled by all and sundry. She's right to a certain degree that people are going to look down on her for being a slave. But with her shallow personality she's unable to read those around her and comes to the conclusion that those who are outright fawning and praising her are 'good' and on her side, while those who don't must hate her and be working against her. Hence Duke Ergi can get her to do all sorts of stupid stuff just by stroking her ego a bit. Meanwhile more reserved people, like Navier and that one lady in waiting Stupidshoe bribes to her side, are labeled as enemies even though they have no intention of acting against her (I think the lady in waiting might have helped after the fiasco with her old master calling her out had Rashta not pushed her away). As a manipulative person herself, you'd think she'd be able to work out that people aren't that transparent, but apparently not.

It's kinda a combination of princess syndrome and eternal victimhood. She sees that Navier is loved and respected and wants that. But she doesn't see the hard work that earned that love and respect. She just thinks that Empress position = the adoration of all. After all, doesn't she deserve it after all she's been through? It should just be hers.
    And yes, objectively she was a victim, but you've got to reign that in a little. (Its like IRL some people who have something truly unfortunate happen to them but instead of coming to terms as best they can, wallow in it and regularly whip it out for years or even decades later as the reason why everyone should bow to their whims and never call them out on their BS).
    She has no concern whatsoever about others, nor does it even seem to occur to her that they also have feelings. Deposing good queen who, while not fawning, never acted against her or made her life difficult? Blackmail a woman with the one source of happiness in her life of dealing with her serial cheater husband and wastrel son? Lying to a foreign prince about being his secret friend when you know darn well who it is? Continually approaching the woman who's husband you poached for validation? Why should these people be upset? Rashta's life has been so hard, what do they have to complain about! And why should she concern herself over politics when they don't help her? Why can't loverboy make everybody go to two big celebrations back to back, or kick someone out of a private event? He's clearly just being mean and she's not making things difficult.

If she could gain any level of empathy for those around her and develop the ability to consider anything outside her own wants, she wouldn't have ruined the cushy position she found herself in.

11. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can literally smell the sarcasm and disgust emanating from your paragraphs blobmelt_thumbs

12. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupidity : *Exists*

Rashta :

:blobhero: imma get me some of that hot stuff

Note : I wish I could upload this in meme format, but I can't since I'm new :blobpensive:

Horror_coffee likes this.
  13. EmpressNavier

EmpressNavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been super busy with work but managed to get some free time today.
    So the first half of this chapter is pretty boring and I'll keep it brief because it was that boring. So the chapter starts off with Rashta having a conversation with Duke Elgy (will now use this spelling as that's how it was translated by the translator). Duke Elgy is teaching her the difference between reporters. It seems like both Rashta and Navier are going to be or are currently speaking with reporters about the current political situation that has the entire continent spinning. Duke Elgy tells Rashta that there are 2 types of reporters: pro-aristocrats and then anti-aristocrat/pro-commoner reporters but he then says she has to be careful because even if the reporters are labeled as such, it's not always black and white with them. Rashta doesn't understand the nuances Duke Elgy is trying to explain to her and asks him to elaborate thinking she has to get friendly with the pro-commoner reporters because that's the angle they're trying to set up for her: that she's an empress who can relate to the commoners but she says that Duke Elgy can't tell her anything bad because she doesn't want her unborn child to hear bad stories. Duke Elgy mentally thinks how her naive personality isn't compatible with his conniving and cunning one.

The scene briefly goes to Navier who is contemplating the royal reporters question from the last chapter about why she remarried so quickly. She decides to spin the story in a way that would best please the people of the Western King and flatter Heinley's image, mixing romance and politics. But she does this carefully so she doesn't lean too heavily on one take. The commoners aren't interest in politics and if she played up the romance aspect too much, it would seem like she was having an affair. So she tells the reporter that she cleaned up her divorce quickly to make things simpler for Heinley during their remarriage, hinting to the reporter that she knew she was going to be divorced and I guess also layering it with a subtle implication of possible love between her and Heinley. The reporter leaves and then Navier goes on to inspect the Palace.

Scene switches to her temporary lady-in-waiting Rose. Rose meets up with her brother (I think) and they talk to each other about Navier. It comes off that she's like a spy as she's reporting to her brother her observations of Navier. Then she says that it's only been a day and thus too soon for her to grasp Navier's character.

The scene switches to Navier, who'd returned to her temporary VIP villa and has sore legs due to her walking around all day inspecting the palace. Navier isn't an idiot as she realizes Rose has been gone for a while. She deducts that Rose has gone to meet her brother assuming that Rose wouldn't take the chance to meet Christa so early in the day. And while she was thinking and enduring her sore legs, she hears knocking from the window. Heinley is standing outside her window holding an ivory plated gold box. He asks if Navier would like to dine with him. Navier says Rose hasn't returned. Heinley says he's prepared food for them. Navier is momentarily reminded of the time when Sovieshu brought her cookies and she felt hurt by the memory but accepted the lunch date from Heinley and lets him in. When she sees him enter by way of window, she becomes worried about this habit of his and resolves herself to tell him to correct it once they become more familiar and comfortable with each other.

Heinley sets up their lunch and he asks her how her day was. She tells him she met with a reporter and also tells him what she told the reporter. Heinley agrees with her words, saying that it was more or less the story of their remarriage even though many details were omitted. Navier is reminded of how grateful she feels towards Heinley for helping her and Heinley smiles saying that he already told her before, but he wants only her as his queen. Then he reaches out with his hand towards her and seeing this Navier, albeit awkwardly places her hand in his, the moment she does, Heinley grips her hand firmly like a carnivorous plant as she describes it. He asks about Rose and Navier tells him that Rose is smart. When asked if she wanted any other maids, Navier said she would look closely for candidates. But she knows it'll be difficult because she comes from the Eastern Empire and didn't know any nobles from the Western Kingdom, so it'll be hard to pick those she can trust. As she's thinking this, she pulls her hand away from Heinley and he's sad that she did. She thinks Heinley is cute comparing him to a large, fluffy pillow that is both cozy and ticklish at the same time.

Navier's biggest concern with Heinley is their first night together. She doesn't know how they'll get through it as she resolved herself to only see him as a colleague. She wonders how their relationship will change during and after and if she would be able to look him in the face without feeling embarrassed. Heinley suddenly and shyly asks Navier for a favor now that they were married. She tenses up, wondering what it could be. When he said he wanted to try something, she thinks he wants to kiss her but couldn't bring herself to ask if that was the case. Understanding that they were going to be married soon, Navier decides to let him kiss her but is struggling to receive his affections. She wonders how she was able to be intimate with Sovieshu but with her ex-husband, things had naturally progressed so she's at a loss with Heinley. She tells him it's okay thinking Heinley has very beautiful lips.

Heinley suddenly picks up a fork, confusing her. He feeds her white fish telling her this was his idea of romance/love. She murmurs that she has a hand and Heinley asks if she hates it. Navier says no and almost tells him she was expecting a kiss. But she can't explain this to him because she thinks if she does, Heinley might misinterpret it as her expecting a kiss and being upset that she didn't get one, which she tells herself she isn't. Because of this, Naiver decides to vent her silent frustration by stuffing Heinley's face with cherry tomatoes. Heinley asks she feed him slowly but Navier tells him he wanted to do this and to open up, eat everything, and not spill.

Rose, who is outside the door, hears Heinley's groans and misunderstands. She thinks that Navier who is cold as ice...is very rough with the king. As she leaves with this misunderstanding, Heinley's mouth is covered in tomato juice. When he went to wipe it away, Navier decided to do it for him because she felt sorry for the misunderstanding about her expecting a kiss from earlier. As she does so, she takes in his golden lashes and purple eyes and suddenly remembers a question she wanted to ask him.

She asks Heinley if McKenna could transform into a bird which shocks Heinley.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:41 AM
  14. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so, spoilers for 88 + 90, sorry, got sick, rip me
    They arrive in the kingdom to many stares. Navier does her best to withstand this, remembering how Rashta got used to it. When they get to the palace, they say the queen's room cannot be used until after marriage. Heinley is very upset about this. Christa then arrives and suggests she use the queen's palace. They kind of snub Navier not referring to her as Queen, but Navier takes it in stride, using the opportunity to learn how she will be recieved. Christa asks if she really married Heinley immediately, and is shocked about this. A palace fellow noble guy says Christa is the queen they know and acknowledge. This might be messed up, i'm trying to do this quickly and am relying on memory somewhat.
    They're discussing the wedding, (Mckenna and Heinley) and Mckenna says no matter what Navier does, plan the wedding too extravagant or too simple, she will be criticized for it. Heinley then says, for the wedding, he will sing. (wat) Mckenna is happy about it, but Heinley is thinking of his brother and how sickly he was. How the kingship had weakened, etc, i don't really understand much. This seems imply it is a magic thing, and will make everyone excited or whatever and the heat will be taken off Navier.
    Next Scene is stupidshoe, stressing out over Navier's disappearance. Rashta walks in and is like??
    STupidshoe: stop hanging out with ergi
    Rashta: oh are you jealous?? Dont worry, you're the only one in rashra's heart~
    Stupidshoe: ok (he actually seemed to have said something about preaching and the subject got too heavy. I don't know. )

Scene change
    OK, apparently Rose is the sibling of the rude ass official who made a snub comment to Navier. He gives her a letter saying she is to be Navier's maid, saying that she is now to take up his work in observing the queen.

Scene switch to Navier sitting and reading when Rose walks in. Navier is alert around her and is prepared to act accordingly. Navier goes to the tailor with her new maid, asking for new clothes. Rose asks what style, and Navier leaves it up to her, to avoid criticism of what she picks.
    Later going down the hall they meet with the royal reporter.

Scene change
    It's ergi giving bad advice.
    Chap end yes.

15. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhyperthink: :blob_coughblood: *shoves cherry tomatoes roughly into mouth* thanks for the spoiler

16. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way Navier dealt with the reporters vs. the way Rashta did just shows the difference in intelligence huh :hmm:

And wow Rashta thinks she's empress now lmao :blobtaco:

rock.doll likes this.
  17. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR RETURN.. -tears of joy-

EmpressNavier likes this.
  18. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To elaborate on @Horror_coffee 's spoilers (thank you by the way) :

Navier took it upon herself to oversee her marriage preparations to Heinley, and from what I got from Google Translate, correct me if I'm wrong, if she didn't she'd be seen by the Western Kingdom's people as presumptuous and too high and mighty or organise her own wedding.

And she's faced with another problem : should she have a humble wedding or a grand one? If she decided to go for a humble one the Western Kingdom's people would think she was looking down on them for organizing a cheap wedding or something. And if she decided for a grand one she'd be accused for exploiting the kingdom. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, Google Translate-chan really isn't that reliable.

19. EmpressNavier

EmpressNavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe Heinley decided that he would oversee the preparations for their wedding and McKenna tells him it would be the same as if Navier were to do the preparations and Heinley replied with that he would sing during the wedding. There seems to be a hidden meaning to this as Heinley says that if he does this, then no matter how magnificent the others in attendance couldn't call it lavish/luxurious.

It seems that Christa may have unrequited feelings regarding Heinley.

20. Achlysae

Achlysae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for this :aww: I hope I didn't get much too wrong. And ouch, Christa..? Isn't she married to the previous king :blobdizzy: ?