Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. McKenna

McKenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she won't because Countess Verdi is raising her. She seems to love Gloriem.

Darcy and Chronos5884 like this.
  2. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She had kids with him. She can’t go back after that even if she wants to. Not that she wants to, Heinley keeps cooking her breakfast in bed and she gets to be way more open with her thoughts with him.

Latest free chapter literally had her wondering when he became so important to her and whether it makes sense for her to keep fighting her feelings for him.

3. vasilisa

vasilisa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did he found out that Duchess Tuanian didn’t really cheated?

4. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, darn. I feel pity for Alan in some ways, especially if he never knew that kid was his either.

But I can definitely see why the whole family would get in trouble. Because it's easy to believe Alan may have known the whole time and this was all really a crazy scheme. Especially because Trashta became a cruel tyrant with little regards to other people's lives or the status of nobles.

I think quite a bit of it is Stupidshoe's fault for just telling her all the good stories of what it's like being a noble and teaching her fantasies instead of giving her the cold hard truth. He also let her run rampant and often didn't correct her when she screwed up and just quietly cleaned up her mess and let her dig a hole for herself. He just sat by and watched as she fucked up a lot of lives for his overarching goals.

Trashta thought that the way it works is:
    1. The emperor/empress is above the law. You are the power. You can walk sideways, backwards or forwards and everyone will smile and praise you for your cleverness.
    2. As an empress, all you need to do is sit back relax and watch the money roll in and enjoy the wealth. Money is infinite, who cares how you spend it?
    3. There are no responsibilities. Nobles spend all day playing. All they do is go out to parties, wear fancy clothes, drink expensive beverages, eat delicious snacks, dance and chat with each other.
    4. The status is what gets you the respect, not your character. If you're the empress, everyone will respect you and at least act like they like you because you're the empress and can kill/destroy you them willy nilly if they don't. As such, they should respect you and act like they love you no matter what you do.
    5. People exist to serve you. After all, you're the empress. You have the power. Everyone else is below you, which means you can do whatever you want.
    6. There are no consequences. Because you have the power.
    So she acts like someone who wins the lottery and blows it all in 2 years spending money like it's water. She also wields her power like a bludgeon without concern for consequences. She does not realize it is finite and double-edged. She doesn't understand that reputations must be made and maintained by your actions and that in the imperial houses, even the walls have ears. It's funny too, because considering how that duchess was cast out, she should understand the power of reputations and how easy it is to lose your reputation.

Her thoughts of the empress is, that's the position where everyone loves you and has to respect you and treat you nice because you're practically a goddess. You're born into it and don't have to do any work. If you don't want to work, you can pass it off to any other person and it won't matter.

She sees the glitz and the glamour, but not the hours every day that Navier spends in the office doing paperwork, managing budgets, dealing with politics and diplomacy, and walking a wire to not screw things up for the country. She also doesn't understand that it is extremely important to manage and maintain the well-being of the people in order to have a strong country in order to keep that wealth incoming and maintain the lifestyle.

If Stupidshoe hadn't rushed things and also allowed others to teach and correct Trashta about how it works with nobility and properly taught her etiquette beforehand, this wouldn't be such a mess. I'm pretty sure Trashta was extra trash because of his example and his lack of action.

That's not to say Trashta is blameless though. She sure as hell did some cruel messed up things in later chapters. She also fluttered around to any hot man who she thought would give her attention and truly believed her beauty meant she could wrap every man around her fingers. That includes Heinley when she lied about the letters and carelessly tricked a foreign prince thinking she could just pass it off as a joke. Also, her constantly flirting and trying to get the attention of other guys when in a relationship.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  5. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree Trashta was already not prepared / didn't have the mindset of what nobles are even if she learn lessons on how to be an empress the change of environment and situation of her being a slave to a person with power was probably too much for her. Not to mention she served people that most probably with their egotistic and cruelty lead her to believe those are what noble does and what royal family are.

I think these sort of downfall is why i love these villainess vs commoner light novel. They facepalm at your face that yeah "love" is beautiful and all but rulling a country is not that easy. I can only compare it to running a business, if you let ur guard down you'll end up losing profit and even worst pay double or end shut down your activity after one single mess up. I kinda liked it in the Abbandoned Empress as well, where we have Jeun a girl from modern time— she's high school girl thus it's not even sure if she's intelligent or have any knowledge that could help her rule the country. And in fact despite being loved by God she still lead the kingdom to a disastrous end since she wasn't prepared at all. Magic is cool and all but, I think the God in that world is pretty obsolete (didn't have the power to directly correct the issues.) She was just this normal girl that get transported to another world, married the Emperor but in the end love aside she didn't have the abilities to handle an entire empire. Sure she probably study how to be an empress but the issues was that the problems are not waiting for her to be ready and when Tia was executed who was person doing Jeun's job while she was busy banging the emperor and being pampered, the nation collapsed.

The biggest error was Stupishu's giving too much power to Rashta and closing an eye or hiding her errors. I think one of my favorite moment in this serie was Navier telling Trashta to be careful since she was already seeing what her recklessness would bring to the kingdom. I think she tried to reasons with Sovieshu's too but he's all: "you're just jealous and hate her" thus ignore her and think everything was still in controll and can be corrected. I don't wish the worst for stupishu and Trashta but I just wish Navier not be the one cleaning their mess. So really glad she left the empire. Anyway, Just like other said. The time to face the consequences of your actions always comes sooner or later.

thenexttyler3, Th.ay, Lisaa and 9 others like this.
  6. autumn23

autumn23 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone ever succeeded in buying the ebook outside Korea?

7. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    Her personality at that time was truly unsuited towards being in a position of such power and well, she wasn't able to start training for the position of Empress as a child. By the time we get to Navier in the story, she's had at least 15 years of training and experience to be Empress. (Training that Trashta probably didn't know was a thing or was even necessary because I doubt she ever had a decent idea of what the job actually entailed).

And yes, that previous Count or whatever whose name I can never remember was a terrible example of how nobility should act in a position of power, and from what I remember, he wasn't even all that powerful of a noble so his responsibilities would be so different from even a Marquis or a Duke much less a ruler of an Empire.

There's an "Abandoned Empress" and a "The Abandoned Empress" judging from the name Jeun and Tia and the other spoiler thread I found, it's "The Abandoned Empress" which is Korean instead of "Abandoned Empress" which is Chinese. I did some spoiler skimming/plot summary skimming to get an idea of what it was about.

Yes, it would be difficult for a regular high school girl to manage an entire country. Like I said, it's a management position, and it's a very important high level management position too. It would be comparable to a normal high school girl who hasn't even graduated suddenly becoming a manager or Corporate Officer (CEO/CFO/COO type positions) high up in the chain for a giant multi-million international company. She would have so much trouble managing everything. Especially if she doesn't have amazing people skills and a butt load of knowledge and experience. Missing one of those when you're suddenly thrust into such a position in a foreign country and culture where you don't know anyone would screw you and a lot of people under you right up. To suddenly be a competent ruler, you absolutely need relevant experience and skill-sets otherwise you're really in trouble.

I agree. Soveishu turned a deaf ear every-time Navier tried to right the course and refused to listen. Likely because he was feeling some guilt or whatever for being a cheating cheater and was projecting his feelings/what he wanted her feelings to be on her.

I do want Trashta out of power for sure, and I'd love to arrange for Stupidshoe to get a thrashing. But it's true I don't really wish the worst. If I remember where the translation is at, if things had turned around in a different way from the current point I would have been fine if she got disciplined properly by Stupidshoe and the other nobles. If she had just learned to clean up her act and became a decent Empress I would have been okay with it too. Especially because Navier could go be happy with Heinley.

Sadly, the things she does later makes it so that Empress is a position she shouldn't ever have in her life even if she turns it around later.

As for Stupidshoe, I'd be satisfied if he had to regret it for a very long time if he also cleaned up his act and did the responsible thing. He caused a lot of this mess, so if he took responsibility and properly trained Rashta and took care of most of the Empress' work as well until she was trained I would have been okay with it. All those sleepless nights and mountain of paperwork.

I'd be okay with eventually learning to live and let live, but if I recall, that's not how it shakes out. If he could properly turn around and be responsible for Rashta, and be responsible for what he's done raising her to such a position of power by ensuring she is able to handle such power properly and chose to live the rest of his life out with her after everything and committed, from the point Navier remarried I'd be more okay with him. If I remember right though, he keeps making things worse and worse and doesn't stop Rashta from being a jerk.

Alessa, Darcy, Melinoe and 5 others like this.
  8. orichan

Reading List:
    Link
    Any one know why the Emperor never kicked Lord Elgy out? It's fairly obvious he was up to no good, and everyone knows he's friends with Heinley.

syofiaa likes this.
  9. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    I have actually never tried as I can't read Korean. And the buttons aren't getting translated in google translate D:

I'm just skimming the site and I think it requires some sort of like, naver point/naver currency to purchase. I can't read Korean though! Agh! Signed in using my Line acc though. Nope, looks like if I want to properly get my Naver account working from the US, I need to submit my passport. Which is not something I'm willing to do.

Probably because he actually didn't care too much about Trashta. He didn't really love her, he just had lust and liked how she was like an innocent baby animal looking up at him all wide-eyed and naive like he's a god.

Other than that, he didn't get jealous when she flirted, but I think he was planning to use Elgy as a piece later when he ousts Rashta. Plus I think he was trying to figure out what Elgy's plan was. And he was distracted as hell with the whole, having a kid, get rid of Navier, oh crap, she's run off to remarry, what? You're supposed to wait for me and pine away while waiting for me to come back like a white knight on a magnificent steed to raise you back up to the position of Empress after I threw you away.

Th.ay, Alessa, Darcy and 5 others like this.
  10. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even know there were 2 series with similar titles. Thanks for the correction I'll make sure to specify which I'm referring to in the future.
    Also i apologize for my terrible English ( it's not my first language). I read just now what I wrote and I can only imagined the migraine my terrible writing could have caused to some of you

11. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, I didn't know either. Not until I looked it up. I'd heard of the Chinese one, but not the Korean one. And the plot you described didn't match what I remembered and the name Juen seemed more Korean than Chinese lol.

I've MTL'ed so many stories for my own personal hunger for spoilers that even if your English was significantly worse, I'd probably still be alright with it. My brain auto-translates Engrish to some degree. Some times it also means I accidentally translate my own words into Engrish and funny things happen.

It's cool that you know more than one language. I'm monolingual so I really can't comment.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Th.ay, Alessa, SamSam and 2 others like this.
  12. autumn23

autumn23 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. I guess I'll just wait for the free chapters and mtl them. My brain is starting to adapt to the mtl version anyway. Lol. Or I'd just buy the book in korean just because of the pretty illustrations. But then again I don't even know where to get that.

13. Loudjayne

Loudjayne New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter her ex know that the girl isn't hjs daughter?

14. orichan

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if it's a preparation thing or if it was just that she was setup to fail. The Emperor wanted her to fail from the beginning and Lord Elgy was actively guiding her to the wrong path for his plots. That + past traumas + greed + blood hungriness, ultimately led to her doom.

Alessa likes this.
  15. Chronos5884

Reading List:
    Link
    It's both. She was both set up to fail, and also untrained and unprepared for the position.

If she had Navier's training, she would be a completely different person (all the sweets but you're not allowed to eat them, always having to know proper etiquette and be aware of the eyes all around you, and also knowledge on politics and governing and management and diplomacy, watching normal kids and knowing you cannot be like them, you can't play like them, you can't be carefree like them because all eyes are on you and ready to take advantage of the moment you screw up). Most people growing up in that environment would probably be pretty good at hiding their tails and in general more cautious.

Had Rashta grown up like that, I have a harder time seeing her be as brazen as she wound up. I think she'd still have trouble, but from the beginning she wouldn't have been so trusting of Elgy I would think as she'd be knowledgeable enough to know there could be so many repercussions and also wouldn't have done or needed to do a lot of other things.

TL;DR. Yes, she was set up to fail. However, had she been properly trained even in the few months she was there and had the reality of the Empress' position and nobility explained and shown to her I don't think it would have been quite as messy, and also, would probably take Rashta longer to fall.

After all, there was so much she didn't know. Like the station of concubines and how their children cannot normally be entered into the royal lineage. Even knowing that ahead of time might have made her back down just a little. Even having the knowledge of, but this is the law and even an Emperor cannot change it so easily much less a commoner or a concubine would probably have helped.

haqpiness and Villainess_lovers like this.
  16. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. She was set up to fail. If you recall, Sovietshu was reluctant to have her trained in the first place because her biggest charm for him was that she's totally different from Navier. He wants her to remain ignorant, silly and childish. He only allows it because she's pregnant and being the mother of his supposed child. Also Rashta herself had to beg to be educated as she seems to secretly admire Navier and wants to fit in high society.

That being said, Sovietshu is truly an awful person. Navier really won the lottery with the divorce. She got a fantastic new life and a brilliant future. Rashta married him, spiralled out of control and ended up dead. In the novel, Heinly likes to say that Duke Elgy is a cursed doll who brings doom to the women he's entangled with with. I think the real cursed doll here would be Sovieshu.

thenexttyler3, Th.ay, Alessa and 8 others like this.
  17. emovampgirl135

emovampgirl135 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone go into detail on what christa did and what happened to her in the end? Also what happens to her supporters?

haqpiness likes this.
  18. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 155 is out in novel.naver ✨
    I'm not fully sure if the machine translator did the job well but I found it hilarious how Trashta got angry at Roteshu because she can't hold her baby. And Roteshu is like "This woman is crazy". Boi, I agree. She was the one that threw her own daughter to the ground when she go "ew" when the child was sleeping.
    Also Navier ask about Heinley's past ✨ in the last lines however.
    So the pregnancy will remain a confidential matter, I know it's asking too much but how long it will take for things to cool down and be safe for the Baby announcement? :3
    my impatience is so dreadful. :oops:

19. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite curious about the babies though. From what I understand from the MTL, it seems like the babies would be turning into chicks regularly until they know how to maintain their human form at will? Something like a human child's potty training it seems. No wonder Navier's worried and wanted to ask Heinly about his childhood. I can't wait to hear his story.

20. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 155
    so the chapter start with our dear slave gone mad, screaming and hitting Roteschu practically blaming him for the princess incident. She calmed down a bit when the viscount mentioned her father (the real one who sold her to slavery) came to his house. The next passages isn't clear to me though, but in the end, Roteschu casually asked trashta to get the emperor's help. He said he's been busy searching his daughter and the missing daughter of the Iscua (trashta's fake parent). And he asked for more money. I believe at this point trashta is just his bank account :blobpopcorn:
    On the West, Mastras asked Navier if his brother is actually weak (OMG she still believe it :blobjoy:). Navier, confused that the topic suddenly changed to her brother, asked Mastras if she met someone else. But Mastras said she can't confuse the face that look so much like Navier to be someone else. That made Navier wondering if her brother is starting to keep his image, which is ... strange :blobjoy:
    Navier though, is currently trying hard to conceal her pregnancy. Only a handful of people know about it. And she planned to keep it further by solidifying her infertility rumors. She started it by inviting the nobles on her side and on Christa's side (except the Ketran, Liberty, and Zementia who are the most vocal supporter of the former queen) to a tea party. After which she would gave them ratings in her notes for her next plan. As she expected, some of them started talking about someone pregnancy (they practically walked into her trap :blobjoy:). Then someone finally dared to asked the baby question. Mastras of course, defended Navier. The conversation then heated up and the topic shifted to the rumor. Navier, been waiting for this, let her mug falls from her hand and shattered on the floor. She lied that she accidentally dropped it and laugh colder than usual, and turn the topic to the empire's stabilization. And she got the effect that she wanted, now she looked like she hated talking about successor :blobsmirk:
    When she goes back to the shared bedroom, she put the Noble's names and their ratings based on the party. Heinley asked what is that, to which Navier answer that she want to be like him, 'fishing' (the meaning might be to trap the enemy so they tripped on their own action). Heinley laugh, saying he wanted the baby to resemble her. His laughs looks cute to Navier (awww :bloblove:) and suddenly she thought about her child and their nature (the bird nature). So she asked Heinley to tell her about his childhood to get a glimpse of how to educate them.