Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant Navier!!! not Rashta!!! I read in one of the posts beforehand that in some 160 odd chapters, Navier's supposedly that!! And I assume since she is remarried to HeinLee by that point (I hope!!) it was like that!! Link here:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5056540/

L0GIC, syofiaa, CottonKey and 2 others like this.
  2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup i read that the same way as you did.

syofiaa likes this.
  3. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How are you getting a 90% chance of death?
    In ancient Chinese dramas there's a lot of death via intrigue in the harem, but that's a different situation. Realistically, a lowest level concubine isn't much different from a servant on house arrest, so not the best position. Plus there were like 100+ women competing against each other for limited resources. And at least in drama verse you could have someone beaten to death for spilling tea on someone important in ancient china, so you needed to fight for stronger backing.
    But the world of Remarried Empress seems more European. So no killing people for stupid reasons. I mean, realistically the king or someone in high power could probably get away with it, but everyone would be going WTF and not treating it as normal. The only specifically Asian flavor thing (that jumps out anyway) is that concubine is an actual official position rather than being stuck in the rather tenuous mistress position. And even then the idea I got was that the concubine count was MUCH lower, probably topping out at 15-20 if the king didn't mind being known as a letch.

I'll agree with you that the emporer doesn't really love her, and more just likes that she's pretty and the ego boost of having her clinging to him and being lovey-dovey. But frankly I don't think she really loves him either. I think she loves that he "saved" her and now she's living in a big palace with a bunch of sparklies and now nobles and others have to kiss up to her. If Sovieshu were just some dude she'd have no interest in him.
    Her starting circumstances are pitable. I'm not arguing that, and I'd be happy to put out for one guy if it meant that drastic of an improvement in my circumstances. But now she's pretty much got it made. Even when Sovieshu looses interest with her (which I feel would happen later rather than sooner if she could figure out when to reign herself in), she still has the official position of concubine. She'll still be living in the palace and have a decent budget. By law her kids can't inherit the throne (and without the law being written out I don't think having the empress adopt the kid would be a loophole for the emperor to use, again in china adoption was more of a legitimate thing as opposed to how it was in Europe), but I doubt Sovieshu would leave them with nothing. If Henry VIII can give his bastard a Dukedom just because, I'm sure the emperor in this world could whip up something for his children by the official concubine.

My sympathies would be more with her if she only started acting out because she was being blackmailed. Or if people were really treating her truly horribly and threatening her from the get go. Or if it was a result of the 1 actual plot against her from idiot bro. But based on what everyone's said, she starts acting against and manipulating people before all that, for the crimes of not liking her and being standoffish. Oh woe is her. Seriously, who bursts into tears in the middle of a party because 1 dude, out of a dozen, who's essentially a stranger to you politely but insistently refused your offer to dance?

Ending in an actual question for those able to read ahead. When she does get to be empress, does she actually start at least trying to do the job? Obviously she can't do all that her predecessor did, but does she at least try to make a go of it? Or is it still just 'I want to be the center of attention and do all the fun stuff and why's everyone so mean to me?'.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  4. Horror_coffee

Horror_coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like honestly??
    So far she's publically shown that she has the emotional maturity of a seven year old. The emperor literally babies her and carried her off when she started crying in the middle of the ball. Kind of like when your kid starts crying in a movie theater so you take them outside.
    Not to mention outright LYING PUBLICALLY. She claimed to be the letter friend to Heinley (who knew it was the empress and decided to make a fool of her) and enjoyed being flirted with by him and the jealous emperor, and then, when Heinley brought it out that she didn't know all the contents of the letters- she teared up like a child and asked him if he was acting this way because she 'wasn't how he imagined her' and so what if she couldn't remember all the contents. She kept insisting to the point Hein lee called her fucking insane, to which the emperor challenged him to a duel- the empress had to tell them all to calm the fuck down.
    I have sympathy for Rashta when she is genuinely trying to protect herself and child, but she deliberately goes out of her way to cause trouble just so she can cry her way out of it.
    If you were trying to keep yourself safe, why the everliving fuck would you be trying to get involved in political relationships of all things?? If she didn't bother anyone and took consideration before acting, we probably would have a totally different novel.

5. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I got the feeling honestly that Hein Lee was trying to coy and polite. You know that stance some men take when you flirt with them and they get passive aggressive? It had that vibe that was like a~re y~ou abso~lu~tel~y su~re we were writing to each other? While having very cold and annoyed eyes. There was - to me, at least a feeling he was leading the conversation and being very apparent. Smiling as he (Hein Lee - which as on brand for this character) watches her self-destruct. While the slag hubby if he was thinking properly would be having a lot of questions. Why would you want to be entangled publicly with a known playboy? Are you doing this for attention? Why haven't you been listening to the lessons of etiquette you lady's maid has been giving you? What have you been actually been doing with my back was turned?

Leilacus, BrytteM, michoux and 15 others like this.
  6. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    CH 50 (MTL note: the most enraging chapter that I have read so far)
    -Emperor talk to Rahsta and tries to explain that her children are considered illegitimate; this conversation lasts most of the chapter because she can't seem to comprehend why her children can't rise to power. (Trashta is starting to reek of "I want to be better than everyone else" syndrome; its like Boa Hancock from "One Piece" but unfunny and more shady) She starts throwing a whiny tantrum about how she loves him and he shouldn't look down on her children because of her background. blah blah blah
    -The he has a gambit saying that he now has proof that he isn't infertile but the queen is due to her baby; have her adopt the children and they can by in the running for the throne
    - Then she goes to the Empress to demand offerings from her
    -Empress is all it isn't good to be so greedy
    - Rahsta is all i'll take whatever garbage you spew because in the end i'm better than you. I have your husband's love afterall
    - Empress calls her out and is all - "is that ALL your worth?"
    - Rahsta stays quiet for a nano-second and is all like - "I understand your jealous of me! Since I have a baby and your infertile! Let's get along because your going to be taking care of my babies for me, and making them into proper royalty." (I'm ad-libbing but the context IS there)

7. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks lazynoodles!! There is something definitely weird here. Even common sense will dictate going back to Navier and saying all this is a bad idea... After all, they are not biologically hers and there may be a risk of Rashta's kids potentially coming to harm. I can't help but think there is some weakness in Rashta's way of thinking and it goes beyond "I want to have it all." I get the impression that Rashta is subconsciously aware that she is still being a tool but can't lash out at the guy... so Navier, who is now fallen out of favour, is her target. Maybe also jealous that despite it all, Navier has a maturity and grace about her? That Navier has soem strength so she won't break down even when the worst is happening to her? I really hope Rashta's back story is made solid because she is another complex character and I feel she could use some empathy.
    The husband on the other hand... a real mean part of me is hoping he is sterile. His country could do without his idiotic genes continuing the line.

XiaoTofu, mmem, syofiaa and 15 others like this.
  8. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think Rahsta is one of those people that no matter how much they have nothing seems ever enough. The ONLY happiness or satisfaction she feels is when she herself is putting down and harming others. She is literally using victimhood against others saying that she suffered way more than other people. I mean - she got a point, but to the point she lacks empathy for anyone else other than herself? I think what defines Rahsta and Navier is inner strength. Navier has it and strength of character in spades. Our white lotus doesn't. I think she lacks both even on a good day without a bad past. I think that's why Rahsta takes pleasure in putting Navier down in every way possible. She envies what she never had. Trashta can keep saying she wants a better and grander life. Though, in the end she wants validation of her own life. That's why chapter 50 enrages me so. It's her toxic vintimhood on full display and she uses it against others and doesn't realize she's just making herself more miserable. Than when Navier asks her what do you think she's worth. There's that nano-second pause as she let's it sink in. In that moment I felt true sadness on her behalf (shockingly) because I think she knows without the affection of the big guy, her amazing good looks, her ability to suck up to other, and the knowledge of how she should look like to thers. She has no real accomplishments. Nothing that truly defines her as herself. She is empty. I think deep down she wants to distract herself from that. Though, the presence of Navier makes it difficult when she compares herself to her.

Navier has dreams to be a great Queen that will be remembered for the ages. That it is her pride not to be married to the Emperor, but going to work everyday and go to bed knowing she did her damnest to make country better for all. It's what makes her want to dig deep and give all she's got. Unlike Rahsta - she has meaning. Though this meaning causes her pain - sure, but she is looking far ahead into the future about the legacy she's leaving behind. Rahsta if she could look from the outside I think she could relish that she had already done the impossible. From abused slave that was starving. To a beloved woman to a powerful man. She has things now that would not even occurred to her in the past. If she was more honest she could've at least make sure she is set in the future even after her looks fade. As much as call him a slag. He does mean well. He does want a kid and has wanting one for a while. Even after he doesn't care about Navier in that way - he cares deeply for at least physical well-being.

I think that's why Rahsta and Sovieshu like each other. They are 2 overgrown children that have found each other to play with. This is speculation but later on when he loses Navier for good to another man that makes her happy. He sees that he has been childish. There was a spoiler on that link earlier about how they were reminiscing about their childhood. It's in that moment he realizes his selfishness, that he left a great deal of responsibility to his partner and never learned until forced in taking on that himself. That he had harmed her considerably a partner that thought of his happiness and well-being from a place that was sincere.

9. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahaha! Chapter 75 is hilarious.

In chapter 74, Sovieshu bought off a couple of fallen nobles to claim to be Rashta's parents (to give her legitimacy). So in 75, during the National Assembly, this couple is brought up.... but as it turns out, Rashta and her Duke friend had already been planning to do this exact same thing, so another couple stepped up as well, claiming her to be their child!

Navier quipped at Sovieshu: "She must have six parents."

10. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha that is hilarious!!
    They all deserved that to go so horribly wrong.
    Any more spoilers? I can't wait for the divorce proceedings already...
    On the other hand I just read the latest chapter in English for remarried empress... And I wanna hit Rashta on the head with something...

11. Horror_coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are we to doubt her??
    Obvs she was conceived via orgy!!!

12. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers:
    Sovieshu has managed to turn things to his favour by bribing one of the couples to admit that it was a scam and to say that the Empress' brother bribed them to get close to Rashta for nefarious shenanigans. It's hinted that he's going to use this as the reason to divorce Navier.

13. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG this king!! Even if he genuinely regrets, the fact that he is willing to abuse innocent parties like this, will make it difficult for me to sympathise with this guy! Someone did mention that he ends up receiving his fair dose of karma so I cannot wait for that! I don't understand how he thinks after all this plotting his wife will still stay by his side. How come he has the brains to plot all this but no common sense? I can't wait for Navier and Heinlee to show him up.

14. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    KILL HIM WITH FIRE. ALSO THAT MUSCLE HEADED IDIOT ISN'T THAT SAVVY.

15. Horror_coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Vague spoiler of newest chap:
    Heinley welcomes Navier's bro into his home. Chatting, chatting.
    Heinley then sends a letter through one of the Empress's friends.
    Mckenna needs a raise.

16. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I know the proceedings of her divorce till remarriage and other people's reactions to these changes. Especially 1st husband and his now queen(prev. concubine). Please ... :blobReach:

candycane_whack, BrytteM and syofiaa like this.
  17. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. Poor McKenna. He needs a raise and a damn bonus. Also the chapter before this Sovieshu actually doubt a little teeny weeny bit that he’s making a HUGE mistake in divorcing his wife and taking in his mistress as the new queen. Though he keeps harping on the infertile bit.

18. Horror_coffee

Reading List:
    Link

Koshar, Navier's brother, is brought to Heinley. When he greets Heinley with proper etiquette when facing a young king, Heinley shock's him by call him brother.

- Oh heinley.

Heinley follows up by saying Koshar and Navier look very similar (which I can't deny. If Navier was a man, she would definitely look like Koshar. Funny enough, later in the chapter Koshar makes an expression so similar to Navier, Heinley's heart starts beating faster).

- HEINLEY you navier whore - on a side note, this reminds me of the scene where Navier's voice and expression go cold bitch empress mode to Soveishu after the failed dinner, and Heinley is listening in thinking: "fuck i wish that was me" and thinking about navier talking like that to him. and tbh getting a boner in the hallway.

After taking a bath and changing into clothes that fit him to a T (something that surprises Koshar) he goes out to meet Heinley again. Heinley still calls him brother upon greeting him

- i literally cannot tell if heinley is serious or being overly familiar on purpose. maybe both. HE ALSO GOT HIS CLOTHING SIZE????????

When Koshar saw the handkerchief and the initials sewn onto it, he recognizes it instantly. It's the handkerchief, Duke Troby, Navier's and Koshar's father, made for Navier with his lousy sewing skills.

- thats ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE goofy dads i hope heinley gets to be one

"Her Majesty (Navier) tied it to my neck."

Of course, he omits that Navier does this when he's in his bird form. And it's pretty funny how he's telling Koshar this with a happy expression. Meanwhile, our boy Koshar is trying to make sense of this wondering why, when, and how Navier would do something like this to the king of the western kingdom.
    - wsdstfgehraweasd HEINLEY YOU BIRD BRAINNED BASTARD

Koshar believes that Navier is adorable
    - extremely true. Also, looking at some of the illustrations now reveal she is in fact well endowed. who the fuck said infertile??

But Heinley confesses he likes/loves Naiver. And this is proven in the beginning of the chapter, when first meeting Koshar, Heinly is thinking that he is Target No. 1 in gaining Navier's affections

- heinley u fuckgn

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CLARIFICATION. I can only understand so much from google translate. My skills are weak. :sushi_dead:

19. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww thank you for the spoilers :)
    I love the little tidbits about Navier's brother and father - glad that she had positive male role models around. I feel a bit bad that for all her training and efforts since her childhood, the Emperor could just brush them off given how he treats her.
    The latest chapter in English also has made me super annoyed - by now the Emperor should realise Rashta's making a fool of him... if he is that determined for a child, are the more intelligent and good looking noble women dead??
    And Rashta... crying and trying to turn tables on Heinlee. I hope Heinlee thrashes the Emperor soundly....does anyone know if he does?

20. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also sovieshu was certain navier was infertile but he didn't seem to share a lot his bed with her when I read the story...I mean he isn't really trying...