Discussion Remembering what you read

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ReaderReader, Aug 2, 2022.

1. AnneGriffin

AnneGriffin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes half of the fun out of it for me , and i already read like way too similar novels.

ReaderReader likes this.
  2. Lunaix

Lunaix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to remember plot but not names. Names are very rare for me and I tend to memorize them only when I have fixated on the novel for a while.

asriu and moonlhgt like this.
  3. moonlhgt

moonlhgt ~Is in la la land~

Reading List:
    Link
    Have almost the same problem. I remember basically an entire novel, have been looking for it for months-but.. because I don't remember anyone's name and it seems I'm the only one on this planet that has read it, I still can't find it. Lol

4. MacDanMc

MacDanMc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also really like to read.

SleepyTy likes this.
  5. SleepyTy

SleepyTy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My memory sucks I could have literally just closed out of the novel, went to write a review...and forgot both mc and mls names.

That's usually my criteria to reread also. I get bored knowing everything that's gonna happen.

6. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh , that's interesting

For me instead of getting bored from knowing what's gonna happen , I like to reread it to catch the details and understand some things in deep. Hopefully getting another view on the story. Ofc I do skip some parts now and then

I've only done it with a dozen of novels , a good example would be Tensura : Comparing between the web and light versions , the translation from the original. For Overlord , I always feel I miss so much of the world building that I need to read it another time

SleepyTy likes this.
  7. youmee

youmee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In all honestly, I rarely remember their names and even the titles (as they are so long) even when I'm currently reading the story, I often forget about their names except if the character really got my attention and they are my favorite character or when mc is so exceptional that you wouldn't forget about their name.

In all honestly, I rarely remember their names and even the titles (as they are so long) even when I'm currently reading the story, I often forget about their names except if the character really got my attention and they are my favorite character or when mc is so exceptional that you wouldn't forget about their name.

Same case with me, before I reread novels that I loved, I like to forget them first before rereading it. Sometimes, I even wait for 3-5 years just to reread the novel. It makes me remember things even clearly and even notice those I didn't get to notice when I read them first.

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll remember titles of novels that have impressed me for some reason. Maybe I'll even remember characters' names. But it's quite rare. I remember my favorite kdrama titles tho lol. And my absolute favorite actors and actresses.