Resolved Renta manga ads

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Corallie, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Corallie

Corallie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am using a Samsung phone to look on this site pretty often and I know that at Recent updates, per page, there are 4 ads and this didn't bother me until I was getting ads from Renta....A lot of them: all 4 ads from the page.
    They are in so bad taste borderline inappropriate that I am ashamed to look at work.I know adblock exists but 1: I use chrome and 2: I know that some sites depend on ads and this is a method to support them.I tried everything: turned off personalized ads, every time I saw one I reported it (X button from the ad) but it transformed in a bad game of Whac-a-mole so I am giving up.I will use a browser app with ad-block.Has anyone run into the same problem?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, what kind of ads shows up is not selected by this site. It is based on what kind of contents you are browsing.

Secondly, you can click on the x and select whatever reason why you don't want to see that ads.

Thirdly, you can turn off ads based on preferences. That means ads being showed to you has nothing to do with your browsing behaviour. Which means it'll show you irrelevant stuffs.

Finally, Renta isn't that bad. I've wasted some money into that site. They do have some good stories.

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally get ads related to whatever I am using recently.

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldn't really be reading novels at work but if you really want to then just... turn on adblock while you're at work.
    They're justly just light BL, shoujo images with suggestive text right? They're not that inappropriate but I guess it's not something you'd want to show everyone around you at work. These Renta ads have been around for a few years now and they occasionally pop up when I turn adblock off.

Arexio likes this.
  5. Corallie

Corallie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that the site doesn't choose the ads, I posted here just to see if other people have the same problem (seeing as the ads are from previous browsing history) And :
    Didn't work .The site Renta might not be bad but in my opinion their ads are...

6. Corallie

Corallie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am using my work breaks properly to unwind and read a novel.From my limited knowledge ads are a way to support the site and that's why I didn't want to use ad block...sigh..nevermind

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Their ads aren't that bad, dude.

8. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    You can turn on adblock while at work and then turn it back off after work. Won't that work?