Request Requesting for some dropped Webnovel novels to be translated

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aShinyVaporeon, Dec 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, Merry Christmas! (If you celebrate it) I wasn't really sure whether I should post this in pickup requests or translator's corner, since it's not quite either of them. So, I wasn't really aware of this before, but apparently webnovel allows for fan translators to pick up dropped projects once they join. And they'll pay you and everything.
    Source
    (Although I've heard webnovel doesn't treat translators very well...not sure about that though)

And, being the shameless leech I am, I'm really begging someone to pick up some projects. So I'll put up the normal pickup request template down below. (and uh, if you don't want to sign up with webnovel, please pick it up anyway)

Name: Warlock Apprentice/Super Dimensional Wizard (超维术士)
    Raw Link: https://book.qidian.com/info/1004150862 (You could probably find the raws on a raw aggregator too, but this is the official)
    NU Link (if available): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/super-dimensional-wizard/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's a pretty good novel, just really slow in contrast to your typical CNs. MC has character development and isn't static, nor is he a perv or a coward. Side characters are pretty interesting as well, and I also quite like the setting.
    Description (if you can find one):
    (on NU):
    The status of a wizard is transcendent in all continents and in the universal plane.
    Mysterious, wise, cruel and bloodthirsty are synonymous with wizards. But what does a real wizard look like?
    After coming into contact with the world of wizards, Angel (Angor) came to the conclusion:
    Wizards are a group of people who illuminate themselves with intellect-driven ideas, but are in a dialectical world with a materialistic attitude.
    In other words, this is a group of alternative scientists who walk alone in a rigorous manner in the pursuit of understanding reality.
    …..
    Multiple worlds, boundless overlap. Under the guidance of intelligent creatures, they have walked out of their respective paths of civilization.
    Among them, the wizard world, with its unique cultivation of civilization, runs through the endless plane.
    Even if the wizard world is so strong, the reality of the universe, is that the mysteries of the dimension are still unbreakable.
    Until, a multiverse traveler, visited this side of the world. (The traveler is not the protagonist, the traveler is not the protagonist , the traveler is not the protagonist, things that are important are said three times!)

(on WN): A young traveler who receives enlightenment from another civilization is on a mission to save his beloved mentor. In his journey to seek the ultimate truth, he travels extensively and along the way, he experiences some unpredictable encounters. Will he be able to save his mentor or will his path be derailed?
    FYI: the novel on webnovel has not really been announced as dropped, but they've stopped translating it and the readers are panicking on the forums, but no one's said it's not dropped. They never announce when they've dropped a novel, but they never pick one up again if they stop translating it, and the power ranking's 200+ so I think it's safe to say it's dropped. They're releasing the stockpiled premiums right now. But just to clarify.
    The raws are already past 2500 chapters, so it's a big commitment, though.

There are some other novels on webnovel I'd also really appreciate seeing translated, but none I really like as much as Warlock Apprentice. Mostly, Virtual World: Close Combat Mage, which apparently has 171 chapters left untranslated.
    Nice long list of dropped webnovel novels, in case anyone wants to take a look. It has some other info as well, like raw chapters remaining. (wow, it's really long...)

Flooff likes this.
  2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Translators tend to avoid any Qidan novels especially those that they've taken to translate.

Blitz, TaffyGirl13, otaku31 and 2 others like this.
  3. ChronaZero

ChronaZero 《I'm just a Spectator》《monggo mas~ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing QI is bad... They'll take your work without any payment... And said, who's fault it is to translate others work wothout permission?... Rotfl...

TamaSaga likes this.
  4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh, I guess it's kinda hopeless then. Maybe I can spend braincells MTLing them *sigh*

Thank you coming to read this post of mine.

Blitz, Cosmic_ and otaku31 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.