Spoiler Resident Alien is a little different from the comics

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Mnotia, Feb 15, 2021.

?

Did you watch Resident Alien?

1. Yep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Logoff, you degenerate.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm caught up with the comics and I was really excited about the tv show but now I'm not so sure.

Don't get me wrong; the shows good. Theres just some inconsistencies that bother me.

1. The MC (harry the alien) had crash landed on earth but in the show he purposely went to earth to wipe out humanity. Kinda weird
    2. The character that first notices that hes an alien is a child but in the comics its his supporting female lead who happens to have some mystical native american powers or soem cool shit.
    3. It takes the route of "theres a murder going on in town and its not youre fun loveable alien that wants to literally glass a planet but is being stopped because hesnow the town doctor and he totally cant just run away and look for his ship that had crashed into a mountain. almsot forgot to mention that hes literally super fucking strong. like yank people through the wall strong." when in the comic its deadass just the MC (harry the alien) learning what it is to 'human'.
    4. Theres a lot of just raunchy jokes that I absolutely love but the show makes it feel like its trying to appeal to a certain audience cough normies cough that only wanna hear ha ha funnies.
    5. Theres a subplot of the female lead having a kid in town that she like really likes and cares for. We find out that its actually the female leads daughter (we think it is due to flashbacks) but in the comics we dont really hear about a kid
    6. A lot of the characters in the show have almost no resemblance to the characters in the comics. Like in the comics the mayor is some old dude/middle aged dude who is actually just trying to step down because he honestly feels that hes tired and we learn that hes secretly into bdsm (we learn due to super alien detective skills aka dude has rope burns on his wrists and smells like scented lube). The character in the show is a married dude that has some issues with being with a kid thats got some 1 in a million brain shit that allows him to see the MCs true form.
    7. Characters seem a little too goofy at times ie the bartender, the sheriff and his deputy.

I rate the show a whole 7/10.

I like ha ha funnies but it could work on actually having a plot.