Other Request (Resolved) looking for re:mlnster site

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by waynekenpogs, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynekenpogs

waynekenpogs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 year ago. I was reading Re:Monster on a really nice site. A year ago the latest day was 485. It was somewhat mt'led but day1 to day350 are not. I was on the part where he just defeated the 100 meter dragon and he evolved to 4arms and called the Overlord somethng somethng.

Yeah.. Anyways!

The point is. I cant find that site anymore!! It has black background or theme. What you call it.

The only ones im seeings are its latest are at day 275 and its even mt'led.

Help me :(

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    okay let see since I drop that series long time ago maybe
    @rei_hunter is that re:translation or raising of dead?

waynekenpogs and rei_hunter like this.
  3. Alverost

Alverost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the Re:Monster wikia post translation of the novel

waynekenpogs likes this.
  4. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe you mean the wiki thing filled to the brim with fans translating it
    [​IMG]

still there~

waynekenpogs likes this.
  5. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    The part where Rou evolved into a Vajrayaksha Overlord is day 255~

waynekenpogs likes this.
  7. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that bad because they first mtl it and then they edit that's why its garbage if you read the unedited version thats all.

8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    There's the smell of gunpowder in the air... (Someone just got shot.)

asriu likes this.
  9. waynekenpogs

waynekenpogs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much guys. :) i ran out of thing to read. Thats why its time to go back to Re:Monster series and see how it is now.

IRAS and GM1983 is a new type of hype novel that im seeing. Any of you seen this kinds of novels hiding somewhere? I wanna read it also.

Enjoy life~~~

10. DarknessWolf

DarknessWolf The Neutral, The Chaotic, Summoner, Lone Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
  11. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Slightly "better" garbage is still shitty garbage. Do not defend shitty garbage. Please.

EXAMPLE!

DAY 21-30.

THEY TRANSLATE IT AS EVIL EYE DUE TO THE FUCKING FURIGANA. WHEN THE KANJI SAYS 'HEBI' ... WHICH MEANS SNAKE.

SNAKE's EVIL EYE.

Massive difference between Snake's Evil Eye and Evil Eye.

Snake's Evil Eye is your vertically slit pupil.

Evil Eye is similar to Evil God Average's innate eye skill. Where you stare into angst, anger, madness, evil... and all other shit.

asriu likes this.
  12. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I don't think the slit pupil is horribly important. It's a bit more descriptive.

13. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Its sloppy as hell, and can become misleading when he actually learns Evil Eye later on.

14. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day, they are still trying and they are putting effort in it. Also its a wikia, if you gonna say its shit and complain the least you can do is correct some mistake or don't talk badly about it. Because some people spend a lot their time editing the translation for people to read.

15. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    What.

We're translating it already. re-Translations here.

We posted Day 91, and tommorow Day 92.

These are proper translations, nothing compared to whatever garbage Wikia has.

Slow? Sure. Concise? Yes. Accurate? Better than what the Wikia can give out.

I know that, they're working on it, but as i said before, you can't make golden things out of garbage spat out by Machine Translations/ie Shit.

You'd need actual magic to turn garbage into golden shiny things to be looked at.

Unadon and ensj like this.
  16. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay my bad, i didn't know you were re-translation. That was ignorant of me but still you can't just call people's effort garbage no matter what. This is just a personal opinion, but even though it is a mtl people still spend time doing it. It isn't like mtl novels like lnmtl, there has been actual edit and they spend a lot of time to make that "garbage" at least readable and understandable.

17. rei_hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    You serious right now?

There's better quality MTL than those found in Wikia. Its because there's so many people in wikia that quality actually drops from repeated editing, restructure and etc. Hence its garbage.

As for better quality MTL, take a look at Rebirth World's Jikuu Mahou series. They take the time to research some of the terms they come across.

Ukel2x's blog too, hosts somewhat itchy-tier Machine Translations. But he has good grasp of it, its just that his english isnt his best. (JP to Russian .-.)

But besides the point, the quality of work on Wikia is too erratic, it needs to be said. Its shitty, mindless editing that makes it horrendous. Especially when the RAWs are available, but they dont take it into account when they're proofreading in english. Lost in translation, very hard to recover from this, especially a detailed novel like this.

Sure, people put hard work in, but when they do all the wrong things when they're putting their work in, it becomes shitty effort. And thus, their output, is garbage.

Defend them if you want, your opinions are wrong. At least translate something first before you go headstrong against a translator. That way you'll find it harder than just jamming paragraphs into your machine input. You'll find it even harder to edit/proofread, if you dont know the slang, or what's being said (poems, references and whatnot).

Proofreading/Editing without knowing what you are Proofreading/Editing is a waste of time. Unless you're willing to disregard everything that was lost in translation due to your own incapability to read kanji, and to notice the references, OR machine translation just makes it easy... BULLSHIT, either way, at the end of the day, when all things are disregarded, it becomes garbage as soon as the machine translates a text for you. Even more so if people are editing it without having the japanese raw in mind.

18. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's call it a day folks.

For some people, quality just isn't a priority.

Parth37955 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.