Novel Return

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by raxadian, Oct 21, 2017.

1. raxadian

raxadian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis: This is a original slice of life web novel about two sisters running a small farm. Only the eldest sister was stuck in a dungeon for a year and became a werewolf. Don't expect too much action for a while.

Genre: Slice Of Life, Adventure, Fantasy

Table of Contents

[001]

I am back! Now what?

Or

Who is afraid of the big bad sister?

●●●●

Pushing the rubble and skeletons out of the way, I exited the dungeon, finally arriving at the bright and spacious open space.

"I’M AM FREEE BIRCHES!"

Having travelled through the long and dark underground maze full of monsters for a long time, I was finally out. I let out a howling cry while stretching out my body and basking in the sunlight.

That probably scared a few animals since I sounded like a wild wolf but who cares?

These were the outskirts of the ruins of the Town of Beginnings. Long ago this town was the birthplace of a hero that saved the world, but is been over a hundred years since this town was destroyed and abandoned.

Taking a deep breath near the cursed dungeon exit, the smell of grass and the warmth of sunshine was wonderful after a whole year stuck in a cave maze full of monsters.

Before I didn't really like the sun since my skin sunburned easily, but after a year of not seeing it? I cried.

After a year in the dungeon I was more likely to overheat due to the curse I got, but the sun is amazing so worth it.

"Ahhh.. the sun… praise the sun, give me your lovely warmth..."

After being deeply moved by the splendor of the world under the blue sky for a bit, I took out my ragged clothes and took a bath in the nearvy river.

I ended shaking like a dog to get dry but it couldn't be helped, is not like I had a towel.

Then I washed my clothes as best as I could and hanged them in a tree while I enjoyed a naked sunbath.

Maybe I should have been more careful but in my defence, I had been a whole year inside a darn dungeon.

So I barely was able to dodge the arrow headed to my heart. My speed had improved a lot thanks to my fights in the dungeon and the curse, so I picked my jewel knife and attacked the one who had dared to try to kill me.

Only to hit that person with the hilt instead, when it turned to be someone I know. A punch knocked her out and I resisted the urge bit her arm.

I was not going to sharing the curse with her. A selfish part of my minsmd wipered 'If I have to be a wolf girl, my can't my sister be one too?'

I am an awful big sister, getting lost for a year inside a dungeon and then almost cursing my little sister.

'But what else are you I supposed to do? Run away? Frick that, we both live in the middle of nowhere and a burden shared is a burden halved. We farm apples so is not like we have to worry about eating livestock we don't have.'

I cried telling that voice in my head to shut up, feeling like a horrible sister.

What did that year of horror left me? Left us? A curse, a magic knife and a bag full of old gold coins.

Humans hate and fear werewolves, would my sister hate me too?

"Wake wakey." I slapped my sister awake, after I had moved her back home and tied her up. I also got dressed into clean clothes. And no I didn't do a happy dance and sang because I finally had clean clothes after a year, don't be silly.

"Ugh... what? MONSTER! HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?"

"Yeah Sarah, your big sister is happy to see you too."

"Maria? No, you are lying my sister is dead!"

"I just got stuck in that dungeon for a year and cursed to be a werewolf. I am not dead Sizzy."

"Don't call me Sizzy you monster!"

"I am gone a year and you are still the same idiot? Although your chest got bigger. Maybe your tits are taking the blood from your head?"

"You... you are really Maria, only she would be so mean to say such things since an impostor would try to be nicer!"

It was sad insults was what allowed my idiot sister to recognise me but whatever.

"Yes, I will untie you if you promise to not kill me directly or directly or make others kill me."

"I am not doing that."

She could have at least lied, that's why I call her an idiot.

"Oh then you prefer to be bitten so you become a werewolf too?"

"No way!"

"Fine, enjoy being tied up, I am gonna make some food."

After I made lunch, I let the smell reach her nose, and then ate in front of Sarah, her stomach grumbled in hunger and she begged me for food.

Finally she agreed to the promise of not killing me directly or indirectly. As a reward she got untied an apple while I ate the rest of the lunch. Me, being bitter because my little sister tried to kill me? Of couse not, big sister was just building little sister character!

After that I helped her with the farm, I was way stronger and faster than Sarah so she somewhat looked at me in envy, but she didn't want to become a werewolf and I wasn't gonna let her enter the dungeon, so she just pouted and complained a lot about how unfair it was.

Then I told her about just how a few days inside the dungeon went, and that made her cry. She hugged me, cried some more and she said how horrible it had been and how sorry she was for having being mean to me. And yes there was still no apologies about almost killing me with an arrow.

Not that I couldn't understand why, humans hated monsters and monster hated humans but still... I was a tad bitter about it.

AN: So, how was it so far?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just here so I can get my free money faster

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite lighthearted, though to be blunt, I am not a sucker to slice of life. Also, how will the said werewolf interact with people other than her sister? I see only tragedy.

4. rech

rech Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great, what the title of this novel?

5. Zeckzen

Zeckzen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blackbelly sister? Moaaarrrr!!!! :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what kind of eating up her sister it'll be. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zeckzen likes this.
  7. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seem like an interesting novel so far.

8. raxadian

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay?
    If it was only tragedy I would have added it to the story tags.
    The title is "Return"
    Working on that.
    -_-
    Thank you.

Zeckzen likes this.
  9. DaoistShifu

DaoistShifu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this one of those, Back alley cultivation scrolls? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. raxadian

Reading List:
    Link
    [002]

Free of the dungeon, my reward is working

Or

The big bad sister explains a lot

●●●●

Now you might be wondering, Maria can't you take human shape? Shouldn't you be human by day and wolf by night? Or at least become a wolf during the full moon?

Those are just stories, okay?

Werewolves are humans who were turned into human like wolf monsters due to a curse and stay like that until they die. There is no cure and not even shape changing magic can make them look human.

Werewolves are highty resistant to transformation magic, so no, I can't go the other way and fully become a wolf.

Then were did all those stories about werewolves hidden amongst humans came from?

I have no idea.

I mean while I could use an illusion to look human, as soon as someone touches me I would be discovered.

What is true is that the curse can be shared if I bite some other human. There is an impulse to bite humans if I feel threatened by then but it can be ignored. Hence why I didn't bite my sister.

The reason the curse can't be cured is simple, the werewolf curse permanently changes the cursed body. The reason why a werewolf body turns human upon dead is because the body stops having magic on it.

And you can't just remove a werewolf magic and turn them human that way, because if you remove all magic from people you just kill them.

The reason why the curse is permanent is because is one of the curses the Goddess of Chaos, Discordia, put upon mankind. Not even her sister Harmony, Goddess of Order, can remove it.

That doesn't mean Harmony is weaker, Discordia cannot remove any of Harmony blessings, so it balances out.

The fun thing is, my curse is what keep me alive in the dungeon. You see, most dungeons can only be exited if the dungeon Boss is killed.

The dungeon I was in is an ever changing maze and while I saw the Boss a few times, it took me a year to finish the dungeon, because I just wasn't strong enough to kill it before that. Thankfully he never left the room he was in to chase me, probably because Bosses who wander dungeons are rare.

And without becoming a werewolf my injuries would have killed me. Because yes, werewolves heal faster and better than humans, that part of the stories is true.

So without one of the dungeon werewolves cursing me, I would be dead.

Then Maria, why doesn't every human gets cursed to become a werewolf on purpose? That's simple, not only human hate monsters but werewolves have three great weakness.

The first one is silver, just touching silver burns a werewolf and any injury done by silver on a werewolf heals as fast as human wounds do. To the point is better to just cut away the part hurt by silver to let the body heal faster.

The second is that is quite easy for werewolves to lose their mind and become wild monsters. The reason I am fine is because I do meditation every day and yes I even did that inside the dungeon.

Why does a farm girl know meditation to start with? Secret.

The third reason is that the Goddess Harmony hates all monsters. To become a werewolf means you will be hated by all her followers and most of Harmony followers are human.

My sister and I don't follow Discordia or Harmony. We pray to Gaia, the Earth, to have a better harvest, most farmers fo that by the way.

Now the big question you probably have is, why did I end inside a dungeon?

Because I didn't know it was a dungeon in the first place and I was stupid.

I had thought it was amazing my sister was able to run the farm on her own for a whole year. But then I found out that was because she had taken monster hunting as a second job and, even with the profit from killing monsters for hire, the farm was still going worse than before I left. That did explain why she was so quick to try killing a naked werewolf...

Wait, don't werewolves turn back to humans upon dead Maria? Yes, but a few spells on the body or part if it can confirm it was a werewolf. Take the head of a dead werewolf, have it examined by magic and get the money.

So I worked hard, I couldn't go to the nearest town because it was a town of humans, but me alone could do more work than the two of us together when we were both human, so it took a few months but our profits got way better.

And then the human town lost everyone habitant from one day to the other.

On Monday Sarah sold a lot of apples in town, on Tuesday she went back to buy a showel, I had broken the one we had, and there wasn't anyone there. The whole place had become deserted.

There wasn't any signs of struggle, blood, anything. It was creepy.

Sarah might be an idiot but even she was smart enough to get out of there as fast as she could.

"What are we going to do? The next town after that one is in a week of travel by horse and that if the horse only has to carry my weight instead of pulling a cart."

"I will go to take a look, stay here."

"No way! I lost you for a whole year!" My sister refused my idea and I have to admit she was right. Whatever could disappear people from a whole town just like that was very dangerous.

So we decided that I would guard the farm while my sister went looking for help in the next town.

And after my sister left I went to investigate the town, because I can be quite dumb sometimes.

Remember how I said werewolves are quite resistant to shape changing magic? That was my excuse but is not like we had any clue of what had happened, so if it had been mind control I would have been screwed.

At night, the town was still looking deserted but there was something else extrange.

Floating light balls of different colors.

Pixies.

Pixies are considered weak monsters, but they can be great trouble in numbers. A pixie or two? No problem. Six? Might be trouble, a dozen? Get out there as fast as you can!

The reason being, the more pixies together, the stronger the magic they can use, and they love to use transformation magic on others.

And even if you are highty resistant to transformation magic that doesn't make them any less dangerous. Just because they can't transform you it doesn't mean they can't transform anything else.

And this was a whole town full of pixies.

"Hi wolfy! Like our new town?" A pink light ball said in a friendly manner and approached me floating in the air. Looking at it closely I could see the small barely clothed girl pixie smiling.

<*Monsters Database*>

<Pixies>

A pixie is a small Fae. It looks like a young human child, with barely any clothes, that has insect like wings in it's back and rarely is bigger than a closed fist. From distance they look like balls of lights of different colors. Pixies are weak but the more of them that are together the more powerful magic they can do. A large group of pixies rarely happens as their childlike behaviour means the more of them, the easiest they fight each other. However there are two know exceptions when more that a dozen pixies get together. A special party, like the welcoming of Spring, and to create more Pixies. Is not know how exactly Pixies reproduce but is linked to the disappearance of people.

"Wasn't this a human town?"

Never try to directly interrogate a Pixie, they will ignore you or get offended and attack you.

But ask a question they want to answer, and they will tell you everything about it.

"Oh it was, but we had to make more pixies!"

My jaw almost dropped at hearing that.

A whole town... turned into Pixies? Or worse... had the pixies... eaten the humans to make more pixies?

"And why does that mean the humans are gone?"

"Oh silly wolfy, the humans are gone so we could make pixies babies!"

I looked around and finally noticed that more than half of the balls of lights were smaller than the others.

"So you just got together... and transformed a whole town?"

I was scared, I thought my sister could have become one of those Pixie babies but I tried to not show it in my face.

"Uh? Of course not, we just moved the humans away until the babies grow big enough." The girl pixie even seemed disgusted by the idea to turn humans into Pixies. And thinking it better, even with such a big number of Pixies, changing a whole town would be beyond their abilities, at least while doing it so fast and making the charge permanent.

"But why do Pixies need a town to... make more Pixies for this?"

"Secret!"

"Okay, any idea of when the humans will be back?"

"In a week or so. Pixies grow fast!"

After that the Pixie went to play with some of her kind babies while I watched.

I remembered something.

Pixies love sweet food.

And we still had a lot of apples.

So I baked a lot of apple pies and traded them to the pixies in enchange of several bags of Pixie dust.

Pixie dust is valuable to create magical artifacts, since it makes change easier. Mages use it to for making potions.

By the time my sister was back, the people in the next town over had refused to believe her, the Pixies were gone and the humans back. And the humans had no idea they had been kidnapped for over a week.

My little Sarah was upset but upon seeing how much Pixie dust I had she quickly forgave me, what a mercenary sister she is.

She sold almost all the Pixie dust in the nearest city, that wasn't in ruins, Rainbow Lake City. That city is two weeks away by cart traveling, and of course I had to stay and keep the farm safe again.

But that have time for my little project. Using a bag of Pixie Dust to make magical clothes.

What? I never mentioned that I can do magic? Did you miss the comment about illusion magic I made before?

Anyone can do the basics and werewolves, being monsters, have stronger magic that average humans.

My specialy is illusions hence why I didn't just die in my first day in the dungeon.

Sarah? She can do a bit of every magic but isn't particularly good at any specific kind of magic.

With illusion magic, Pixie dust and werewolf fur, I shed during the warmer months, and a few magical plants that grow in the ruins of Town of Beginnings; I had all I needed to make magical clothes.

Said magical clothes can self repair, self clean and can make the wearer invisible. And best of all, project a field of "nothing interesting, look the other way." if you want them to.

And of course my first tries were a mess, hence why I needed a whole bag of Pixie dust to make them. I was glad I didn't use my fur on those failed products, otherwise not even shaving my whole body would have been enough fur to use.

I ended trowing my failed attempts in a hole and burned them with fire. Then burned the hole again. Then covered the hole with rocks and burned the rocks. And then threw acid to melt the rocks just to be sure.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit when I burned the melted rocks. Since only my werewolf healing and the potions I had got just in case saved my life from the toxic smoke.

But hey, I got to make magic clothes, totally worth it!

Although due to the anger of my sister when she found out I had wasted all her potions, that she needed for her sidejob as monster hunter, it ended with her getting the magic clothes as an apology.

Just as planned! Well no, I lied, I really wanted those clothes for myself.