Discussion Returning from the immortal world

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Moonxious, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    [Potential Spoiler]

So I'm reading RFIW now..
    And currently at around chapter 279+

There's a lot of 'situation' where I think there's someone behind the scene that was helping MC, to obtain something he needed(for cultivation purposes, I mean)
    Although it can also be said to be a plot armor..

There are some scene that I have forgotten, but one particular is, when MC obtained the Demon Stone from a middle-aged couple.. they said that their village was burnt. And the Demon Stone was an inheritance or something...

The second one is where the Soul Tranquilizer Stone appeared in an auction in Hongkong..

The thing is.. why do I feel like there's someone behind the scene who is helping the MC?

Like, that person knew what the MC needed and that person anonymously 'helped'?

Or is it just me?
    Cause, Damn! I tend to overthink some shits..
    Heck! It could actually be just a plot armor.. lol

2. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's just written in a very formulaic way. Or thats how I see it. Haven't done mtl or anything.

3. justanotherreader

justanotherreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading around when he started up a company or something, but never noticed that. Could be an immortal helping him out by giving him better luck? However when I was reading it, I thought it was just the usual unexplained plot armor to make MC look godlike. dropped it cause it was a bad novel with no important progression

TianKrea likes this.
  4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, you're right. It's called plot armour.

5. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it's explained in the later chapters around 450+ about why there r so many cultivation resources on Earth if u want I can spoil it

shianthiestrada likes this.
  6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course there’s someone helping the mc behind the scenes. It’s.........the writer~

7. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His disciple and grand disciple had been helping him since he found them but i doubt there´s someone else. The earth is full of amazing things and there´s a reason for that and it will be known around 200+ chapters after you stopped reading. The MC gets them because he is amongs the few people who knows what they are

8. nikitos00100

nikitos00100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah there is actually quite a lot situations like this later in chapters(900mtl chapters), and mostly thats just plot, because otherwise if he hadnt find all these treasures he would have to cultivate on earth for hundreds and maybe thousands years to reach immortal realm