Discussion Revenge for all that summoning

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by nuttyreader, Sep 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gate was mostly JSDF wank

2. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least with the fae folk, they leave a construct behind to live your life.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  3. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot something.....
    Clarke’s law

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Or the reversed.

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!

Frankly, if the world cannot view the magic in anyway, it should not be able to kidnap people in the first place. Magic as setup in many stories is just another form of energy. That is how I view it. This may depend on the setting but if one world can do it, why can’t the other not do the same?

Where talking about the general setup of the novels here. Magic in most stories are very game like. No more witches hidden in the forest brewing unknown and strange brews. Magic works in a set of rules. The mysteries of magic are very scientific and as long as you follow the rules, it works.

I’m not talking about cthulhu. That really has no reason at all. Pure madness!!!!!

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    While sufficiently advanced tech may look like magic for those that don't understand that tech, there is still a clear difference between what is magic and what is tech for those in the know... I think the easiest example to use in that regard is Toaru Majutsu. Both Esper powers and Magic are magicky, but they're clearly different at their core.

And I like magic more than tech, so if I was author-sama, I'd make the mages better~

5. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your forgetting magitech.
    There have been many novels where magic and technology was merged to make a better world.
    Frankly, I see magic as the other side of the science coin. Just think of it as matter and anti-matter. That my view of it. As long as the worlds rules are setup properly. It works.

Magitech novels....
    Full metal alchemist - this is more magic is the technology but fits since alchemy is treated like science

Mahou Sensei Negima! - this is very magitech near the end.

I Came Back but the World is Still a Fantasy!? - really good but very very slow translations.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - this truly fits the magitech setting.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    But I personally dislike magitech, so if I was author-sama, I'd just make magic and science incompatible with each other~ (which is a fairly common trope, mind you)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.