Spoiler Revenge Movie Queen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sinistertwist, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese: 他的夫人超大牌
    Alternate title: Reborn to Be a Movie Queen
    Baka-Updates link: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=171036
    Manhua link: https://m.kuaikanmanhua.com/mobile/3499/list/

Synopsis:

She was killed by her husband and sister during pregnancy? Maybe the god finally speaks for himself and make her reborn to two years ago. Her low profile and forbearance in the previous life brought her nothing but betrayal and misery. In this life, she is determined to make a rise in the entertainment industry so as not to be bullied anymore! Unexpectedly, the rumored President Tang falls in love with her at first sight and wants to marry her? Let's see how the leading female character will make a change and regain everything she lost!

I'm curious if this is just a manhua or if this is based on a novel. I started this earlier today and am kind of hooked on how much of a soap opera world this is!

The basic gist here is that in her past life, the FL was effectively pushed around and mistreated by those around her. She was killed by her husband, a skeevy film director, who had been sleeping with her sister, a stereotypical GTB. (She's also not a bio sister, this isn't explained really as of yet.) He pushed her down the stairs during a fight, after FL discovered the infidelity. Her sister is pretty awful and it's outright stated in some places that she was directly responsible for some of the awful things that happened to FL in the past life. For example, she drugged the FL while they were at a party and then sent her to a room upstairs, where she was raped by her future husband. I'm not sure why she married him, possibly to save face, but this hasn't been explored as of yet. It's definitely implied that she was a huge pushover. Other actions include drugging her with sleeping pills so she misses an audition.

So in any case, FL wakes up and realizes that she is two years in the past. She has yet to make any moves in the acting world and she hasn't met Skeevy yet. FL is aware of her sister's past actions, so she's careful to avoid her sister's tricks as much as possible. Reflecting on the past life, FL wants to try to fix some of the major losses she had, notably she wants to prevent the deaths of her father (from heart/health issues) and her best friend (from suicide). As such, she makes sure to spend more time with both and reach out to them more, as she had gotten wrapped up in teh dramas too much to see them.

FL aces her audition, which pisses her sister off. Her sister decides to set her up at a big party by drugging her and sending her to Skeevy, however FL remembers this and manages to avoid the first attempt at drugging her. Sis instead gets the drink. Unfortunately Skeevy knows his skeevy skills well and manages to slip her an alcoholic drink. Sis feels the alcohol and almost passes out, but is saved by a major movie star (Major) who feels protective of her. However Skeevy comes around and sis decides to use this as an opportunity to get him in the same room as FL, like they planned. Surprise! FL is too savvy and sis instead ends up being the one raped by Skeevy. (She clearly didn't and wouldn't have consented, so it's rape.)

Meanwhile at the same party our ML, a jerk with a heart of gold (somewhere in there, anyway) businessman, is bored and thinks that all women are players and out to scheme. His brother meets FL and is taken with her, but is willing to pass her on to ML because ML rarely shows interest in women. However ML is slipped a super alcoholic drink by his supposed fiance (who he cares little about). He leaves to meet with FL (who is now feeling the effect of the drink) and then shows how he's impacted by the drink as well. He takes her into a bedroom and forces himself upon her. It's never explicitly called rape by the FL (as we're supposed to root for him, I guess) and he later tells himself that he'll make it up to her, but she clearly didn't consent and said no, so it's rape. (Not an uncommon thing in some of these manhua.)

Afterwards Major somehow falls for Sis's claim that FL is abusing her and tries to use his clout to block FL from success, only to be foiled by the ML and his people. FL and ML do this whole "I don't like you, but I'm drawn to you" dance that's so common in soap operas, only he's really an ass most of the time so there's not a lot to really redeem him as a character. There's mention that he had a very unhappy childhood and general upbringing, but that doesn't really excuse his actions. (Not the worst ML I've read, though. Not that this is a high bar to jump over.) Sis keeps trying to screw with her and repeatedly fails. She tries to use the dad against FL, but is generally unsuccessful.

FL reconnects with her bestie and discovers that she's dating a creep businessman who is two-timing her with a sleazy model/actress. She tries to be there for her and also tries to keep ML from endorsing Creep's business, but this backfires somewhat and FL has a brief spat with her bestie. This does, however, put her on Model's radar. Model tries to screw with her later when the two are filming a movie/series together. She's not the only person who has beef with FL on the set, as there's another actress who is angry that FL is close to a movie king that's starring with them. Actress doesn't believe that FL has no intentions, so she is quick to try to hurt her, screw with her scenes, typical stuff.

Right now the big drama is that Skeevy has a photoshopped picture that shows him and FL in bed together. She was already in the news recently because someone (Model, I think) leaked fake news that FL got the role because she was sleeping with ML and King, so something like this would only make things worse. Particularly as there's "evidence". FL reaches out to her agent (who is AWESOME and should be the ML), who is helping her out and tells her to tell Skeevy to go fly a kite. She does... but he calls Sis over to discuss things. Sis is horrified when he decides to create more "evidence" by way of filming a BDSM film, with the intent to photoshop FL's face in.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like this has since been completely scanlated, so I think I'll try and finish this one to update whenever I get the chance.

sheisthedemon93 likes this.
  4. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it ended incomplete, boo.