Reverend Insanity: can sometime tell me the chapters for each book(volume)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by asiandude25, Oct 17, 2018.

1. asiandude25

asiandude25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, so I'm holding off on reading reverend insanity until each volume or book is completely translated so that I can binge each one without having to wait. I prefer waiting between each book(volume). Anyone know the chapter numbers for each book(volume)? Thanks.

2. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to Q and check the table of content, they divided it per book.

Reyrey likes this.
  3. asiandude25

Reading List:
    Link
    haha, I see that now. Thanks!

4. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you like reading a whole volume at a time?

5. asiandude25

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I wish I can do that with all novels, but I can't restrain myself with my favorite novels. Plus, I binge read new novels I find interesting, so I put on hold other novels, because I read so many novels...

6. Berenice96

Berenice96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, the volumes are divided differently on Qidian and LNMTL. I have no clue which one is right according to raws.

7. asiandude25

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm... i just hope the break between each volume is a good one, where I can pause my reading. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    This review contained your needed information.
    Since this series (according to lnmtl. Com) is divided into 6 books so I'll rate them accordingly. It can be further subdivided to go master/mortal and gu immortal realm

Note:except for the first book I read all of them on machine translation so some jokes, poems, sentences, etc are lost due to which my reading experience is somewhat deflated, especially in book 3 where according to some Chinese readers jokes were present (which is very rare in this novel)

Note: this novel is the result of the author taking some ideas from his previous novels, his desdain towards villains portrayed in Chinese novels, and his dream (s) so you could say it has his lifetime accumulation in the art of writing.

Now on to the rating:-

Book 1 (ch1-199) (introduction to the series at mortal realm)

It sets the tone of the series while portraying the MC as a demon to the best of it's abilities. It also gives a nice introduction to go cultivation. Not for the faint hearted though, especially since you are looking from the viewpoint of a true demon. A good I intro.

Rating:3.9-4.1/5

Book 2 (ch.400-405) (the crunch of the mortal realm)

The prologue connects well with the epilogue of the previous novel and a few chaps are spent on this while further deepening our understanding to MC's demonic nature, though this will cause a bit of a misunderstanding to his personality. The intrigues, failures, comebacks and battles are well written

Rating:4.3/5

Book 3 (ch406-649) (mortal acsending to gu immortal)

Alongside the end of book 2, glimpses of the immortal realm are provided. A lot of reviewers who read using mtl and I rate this as the most boring of the 6 books due to one reason:-

Although the second half of the novel is more interesting, the ending is infuriating for many readers, though it was necessary for the coming plot.

Rating:2.5-2.8/5

Book 4 (ch 650-1201) (introduction to immortal realm)

Your enjoyment for this novel is totally dependant on you. If you are level conscious then you won't enjoy it at all but if you ignore the fact that he doesn't level up throughout this book and follow all of the struggles that he faces, his failures and successes and the lore introduced, then you are much more likely to enjoy it like I did. This novel holds quite a bit of importance due to the info it provides, though not much plot progression is seen

Rating (level conscious) : 1/5

Rating (non-level conscious) :3.8-4.0/5

Book 5 (ch 1022-1967) (road to no.1 demon in the world)

Currently the longest novel written and currently the most enjoyable book out of the books that have been completed. We learn a lot about the mc's past and in short this novel is just awesome.

Rating:4.5-4.8/5

Book 6 (currently being written)

The chapters are over a hundred currently but the fights are awesome and the ending seems unpredictable as the author really might get rid of the MC and make all of his efforts become the fruit of some brat who didn't even try to do anything or he might become the stepping stone of venerables or he might just win in his struggle against everyone in the world and achieve his goal. Plus, the author isn't rushing the novel and sometimes goes on a hiatus for a few months to brainstorm what he assumes will be the perfect ending of the novel. Hence, it is currently quite enjoyable and a great ending is expected.

Rating:4.5-4.9/5

Tips: I suggest taking breaks after reading every book/70-100 chaps as you will enjoy it more that way.

For book4 onwards please note that for a mortal on his own to achieve immortality is very difficult (almost as if 1 in 10000 achieve it) but in truth if you are supported by an immortal you are almost certain to achieve immortality with great ease.

in book 5 the MC made his clone achieve immortality in a few days and another clone achieved peak of mortal realm in a matter of minutes while not even using 1% of his wealth and if not for the fact that his main body felt danger from the tribulation he would have broken through immortality in a few minutes and he gives birth to a quasi immortal venerable (only 10 ppl have achieved venerable realm throughout the ages and the MC himself is quasi venerable) and I mean he literally gave birth to one, though it was through some fruity encounters and a bit of planning (and using a bit of his filthy rich wealth)

The down point of this novel is that it is very convoluted and has a lot of info and lore which can make the novel confusing for some.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    asiandude25 likes this.
  9. asiandude25

Reading List:
    Link
    Much appreciated on the review. With the current speed of translation, I'll probably have to wait a good few months to read book 5 and 6. Thanks again.