LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The full actual quote is
    Fang Yuan obtained self will Gu’s recipe in the transactions with Sixth Hair, he started refining it himself.

But the result was not good.

He was not a refinement path expert, he could not achieve much on his own. In particular, his time and effort were very precious, he could not waste time on refining Gu.

Earlier, he refined change form Immortal Gu because it was too significant to him.

But although self will Gu was only a mortal Gu, Fang Yuan had a great need for it.

Thus, after brief hesitation, he gradually felt that he should expose the recipe of self will Gu and give it to the hairy man Gu Immortals from Lang Ya Sect, to get them to help Fang Yuan refine it.
    1. You are confusing path and attainment. FY has quasi grandmaster attainment in refinement, but he is not refinement path. The difference is in his dao marks. Your path is what you get most of your dao marks in, which act as multipliers to using said path. In the case of refinement daomarks, they explicitly vastly improve your odds of success.

This was an explicit reason why FY has previously hired lang ya land spirit to refine gu for him, because of the massive amount of refinement path daomarks it can call on when refining.

2. It explicitly states that "the results are not good" specifically because of the large quantities needed. Even though it is a mortal gu, it is a consumable and he needs lots of them. This means bulk refining.

Later on we see how when he put out bounties for it, refinement path hairy men immortals would refine them in batches of 100, and even then if they overdo it they will experience backlash.
    I had just quoted this above, and my quoted was again more complete.
    The desolate beast sword dragon was full of sword path dao marks and in itself was an immortal material which could be refined into Immortal Gu.

However, Fang Yuan’s refinement path attainment was not particularly high, and with just this sword dragon, the immortal materials to refine the relevant Immortal Gu were also not sufficient, so Fang Yuan was refining only mortal Gu to support change form Immortal Gu.

The refinement process went rather smoothly.

Fang Yuan himself was a Gu Immortal and was using precious immortal materials to refine some rank five mortal Gu, the success rate was naturally extremely high and could even be said to be quite easy.
    It is very clearly stating that he refined those mortal gu easily. Because he is a quasi grandmaster and is overspending by using an immortal material. But he is not going to bother trying to refine the immortal versions of these gu. Refining immortal gu is ruinously expensive, even long hair ancestor had failures when trying to refine gu for FY and he is the greatest refinement master in the history of the world. The difficulty of refining immortal gu is simply extreme. You don't even bother trying without 10x the material used and often hundreds of times the materials will still not see you succeed.
    Which is his attainment level, not his path. And is not particularly high for an immortal. It is utterly exceptional for a mortal, but not exceptional for an immortal.
    The author forgot nothing, you explicitly stated he had problems refining mortal gu, that is false. What he has trouble refining is immortal gu. Which everyone has trouble refinding. Refining immortal gu is ridiculously hard and expensive because you keep on failing.

Ironfist Sect likes this.
  2. Yomiel Metathronos

Yomiel Metathronos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Love to is too strong please nerf

Yomiel Metathronos and mrttao like this.
  5. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the Plot armor gu.

6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the best part is that the MC can never ever have it. Since he is completely loveless

7. Yomiel Metathronos

Yomiel Metathronos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Friendship Gu that unleashes the Power of Friendship exist.
    If it does then the most dreaded killer move: "Nakama Power/Power UP" will exist .
    I can also Imagine it countering the Love Gu:
    Worst case I can see Love Gu being used is if a Otherworldly Demon Yandere Gu Immortal is acknowledged by it.

8. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    love gu combined with ma hong and his crazy luck is the ultimate plot armour
    im still mad he couldnt get the blessed land that needed two lovers

Im glad she has it since she been not using her potential as a reincarnator giving her something to compete with however random and unreliable it is.

Yomiel Metathronos likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not, I liked this quite a lot. It is a natural and reasonable consequence of the MC having such a ruthless and selfish personality. There are a lot of benefits to it, there should be some logical drawbacks too

10. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering if Ma Hong is actually mentality challenged and is just lucky beyond words. He is a kid yeah but i compare him to Fang yuan brother when he was a kid aswell and as he grew up and thought he wasn't all there aswell. Except he loved his brother and only after finding out he had more talent and didnt need protection from him since he got it from the clan (plus being brainwashed by the clan)that he got the usual xianxia arrogance and ego plus FY wasn't helping since he came back as evil and did do alot of those horrible things. And now he is slowly being brainwashed to trust him again but thats something else. Maybe im overthinking it the guy did grow up to be a powerful immortal eve if luck has something to do with you gotta have smarts...but they said he had his girl on his side as a wisdom immortal

---
    So we in the regional wall where he has an advantage
    But i doubt they'll kill off half the cast we spent alot of time with plus they also share his luck
    And shadow sect aswell which i keep underestimated simply cos of being on the run much weaker than before forgetting they did succeed in their plan once and only time travelling FY stopped em thanks to heaven. 100,000 year plans aint easy and holy shit they saved all the immortal gu of the zombie alliance. That's too much i dont even know the number

I was hoping he'd have some future tech to steal it.

11. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in that very same chapter there is already a way to get around it, from Giant Sun Immortal Venerable no less. The "Fake Emotion Fake Will" has to be somewhere in he world. Can it be used to gain acceptance of "Love" Gu?
    The author is having fun with the naming of a lot of the Gu. The names are often a well known Chinese idiom. The term "Fake Emotion Fake Will" is often used to describe someone who looks to be deeply in love from the outside. From the common usage of the Chinese language, "Fake Emotion Fake Will" is a natural counter to "Love".

12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love gu is rank 9, you need multiple rank 8 gu working together in a killer move to even hope to affect it.

13. penguinleecher

penguinleecher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like that we get to see flashbacks of Fang Yuan's past life whenever he enters the dream realm. It's nice to see that he was just a regular guy before he became rational and jaded due to heaven's will... poor Uncle Big Beard, Fang Yuan's first father figure.

14. penguinleecher

penguinleecher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I wonder if there will be a certain hierarchy within the rank 9 Gu? Wisdom, luck, and love Gu are all the same level, but maybe there will be a Legend of Ren Zu explanation for their relationships? Like rock-paper-scissors, Wisdom beats Love because love becomes less important as you gain more wisdom over your life, Luck beats Wisdom because there are always random events that you can't plan for (no matter how much experience you have), and Love beats Luck because it allows you to ass-pull reasons to resist random events?
    Rank 9 Gu are kind of like Infinity Stones so it's hard to say which ones are stronger

Deleted member 89812 and mrttao like this.
  15. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this story. When I started read this story, the latest updated chapter was in 120s. Binge read it in a day and caught up to the latest chapter. Translation was too slow for me so I had to read the Machine translations. Lasted up to 1000s and had to stop. lost a couple of IQ points but its kind of worth it. Now, I am waiting for the translation to finish and a couple of year for me to forget to plot to come back and read it again.

16. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl is having trouble controlling love gu. Meanwhile, Fang Yuan only has that problem with wisdom gu and is a walking rank 9 sovereign immortal fetus gu

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it has been mentioned how some gus are exceptional for their rank. Like attitude gu only requiring mental energy to activate despite being rank 8. Or how guts gu are a mortal gu with amazingly mystical results, effective for immortals of any cultivation level.

And the story pushes hard that there is no unbeatable technique or gu. Everything has its weaknesses.

So what you said is logical. Some rank 9 gus are probably weaker than others. As well as some being counteracted in various ways.
    Oh also, isn't the rank 7 or 8 (I forgot which) sword wisdom gu that is used to sever love was specifically invented by shadow sect to free someone from the effects of love gu?

18. Lothbrok

Lothbrok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, could someone please give me some spoilers?

1 - Even if it is old news, I learned that once the author wanted to kill FY and put another MC. Ok, I know he gave it up because of the fans, but is it still possible for him to do it even after 2000+ chapters?

2 - What happened to Ying Wu Xie, Hei Lon Lan and Bing Ning Bing? Are they still alive or dead? What is their situation in raws?

3 - Tie Ruo Nan, the most annoying girl in the novel is dead?

19. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And seems like the old translations is deleted and WebNovel be thieving as usual.

20. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 - After becoming a venerable, Fang Yuan is quite powerful, his potential is immense and never has been seen in history. Other venerables took quite long to refine rank 9 gu while all he took is a single day. This is not counting the fact that he may have the ability (though he hasn't used yet) to create venerable clones if his attainment is enough. He is basically master of all trades, jack of none. So no, I don't see a possibility of him being killed by anyone. Even if the entire world chases his ass he would probably wreck them like wreaking balls all over again. The only possible outcome of death would be of failure to pursuit immortality.
    2 - Yes they are still alive and kicking and probably will continue so (if they don't meet our hero and savior that is).
    3 - You shouldn't mind that cockroach, I doubt if she is still relevant. She is too weak to even mention. Even if FY knows about her he would probably don't care.